What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

paradise seeds reports

we haven't a PS subforum on the site unfortunatly..so i would start this thread to share some experience about it. i've only smoked sweet purple grown outdoor and it was a good smoke.i'm very interested particularly about sensistar and the cheese ibl. i've red somewhere that sensistar have lost his magic over the years maybe due to a rework on it by paradise...anyone has grown it recently? is it still a good strain?

and i'm very interested about their cheese ibl too..how can you compare it to BB,kaliman,greenhouse etc? i'm sure there's many people that have grown many versions of cheese seeking for the best rapresentation of it in seed form. :thank you:

midwest

I hate to say it but paradise seems to have gone way down hill, and they weren't exctly the top guys to begin with

It looks like they are ending their standard seeds, which means they have likely lost all of their males (if they were keeping any to begin with)
They have jumped on the "auto" bandwagon
And the consensus is that their signature strain sensi star has been changed

As for my experience, I have grown out their belladonna & nebula. Also a couple of unreleased feminized test strains he gave out in the cworld days. All were ok but nothing special.
As far as their cheese...the thing about clone only's in seed form is that nobody who has the clone is ever going to buy seeds to compare them to. He claims them to be an IBL (even tough he is selling them only as fem seed), so I think that's a pretty good indication that they are not legit

Bottom line is they make hybrids for begginners. Easy to grow, crystally, but dilluted and boring. There are much better sources for dutch strains IMO

Plus they don't give out the lineage. Which IMO kind of defeats the purpose of buying a seed variety

J

Junkhead

I think Paradise seeds are pretty good. Grew there Sugar Babe (AfghanxSensistar) got a strong yielder that smells just like that strain golden goat. There Autos are very good. Gonna use Autamaria II for some early outdoor.

I would also like to hear if the IBL lines are any good. Been thinking about making my own F1 hybrids but I need some true breeding lines so I can get some real hybrid vigor going on.

Thing thing about Paradise is that I always get good smells and more importantly tastes out of paradise lines. They have not let me down yet and I would be the first to put them in the Overrated/Dissapointing strains thread if I grew a shitty variety.

guy fawkes

Veteran
cant speak as of late but going back a few year you couldnt fail with any paradise strain tbh, sensi star nebula and durga mata were all memorable smokes, i have ice cream on my to do list :)

S

staffie111

I grew their femmed whiteberry. Total disappointment. Didn't find anything worth keeping.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I grew reg sensi star(couple years ago) and got superb results. I do feel they have fell way off. FEM only is BULLSHIT. I got an email roughly a year ago from Luke saying they were not going all fem and that reg beans would be available soon. That never happened and they seem to be pushing all fem...Luke must have spent some time with arjan over at the weakhouse and turned into an sts king...sucks to see them like this,real breeders falling to the sts. Thank GOD for chimera,mr. nice,tom hill(to name a few)...reg seeds are still in demand

rizzed

I didn't care for the wappa. Fruity smell, dense buds and weak high from pheno I grew (only 1). Don't remember flavor being anything special but yield was decent, 2+ oz in 3 gallon bucket

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Smoked some Sensi Star on the weekend that a buddy of mine grew out. Was rather disappointing...very ordinary, nothing like the dank I grew out a few years back. Was considering picking up some new beans, but not now.

Peace
BM

PetersJupp

was growing pandora and vertigo last winter month, pandora got some very big buds, specialy for an auto! and the vertigo was very tasty, but got some bananas in the end.
outdoors the pandoras were good to at 52° north but lost some buds to mold

Ruosk

Smoked their Nebula (fem) a while back. The seeds it came from were a few years old, so can't really comment if recent stock is still good, but this one was a KILLER. Solid, spear-shaped nugs completely grey with crystals, talk about good coverage / bag appeal. Smell was perfume with lemony / floral undertones, tasted nice too. Awesome pontency and a very, very good hybrid high leaning heavily to the sativa side but packing some body punch too. Quite euphoric, a bit racy. Some of the best smoke I've had in a while. Everyone I know says this one yields too, so not much to complain. Definetely goes straight to a high place on my "to-grow" list.

There was also a Sensi Star clone going around that I tried. It's from early 2000's and the word on this forum seems to be that the strain has changed a bit, but at least that one was POTENT. Period. Metallic, slightly lemony taste and smell, super tight nugs covered with resin. Ok yield for what I remember.

b8man

Veteran
I've got 3 ice creams that are drying now so will post a strain report in a few weeks. But they look fine and the sample I vaped was stronger than they looked.

Buddle

Veteran
I've grown a bunch of Paradise beans.Sensi Star was my very first bean purchase after seeing some killer pics a reader sent into HT like 8 yrs ago.My lack of experience caused me to pick early.Weed was avg.Then i grew nebula which was decent about 6yrs back.Then belladonna which failed to impress and then some Magic bud cuz they were a deal. Nebula was the best but for the $$$ they get I no longer buy Paradise beans.Ice cream does intrigue me but there are so many cheaper strains with better results..it'll be awhile.
I have been passionately seeking a strain called Morningstar which is an old sensi star pheno x el nino. By far some of the best meds for what ails me..lol.Unfortunately a friend brought the sample back from Cali and i have not been able to find anyone that has her or older sensi star stock as i would gladly make my own..

jayd

i grew nebula about 4/5 years ago. easy to grow strain nice yield and really spaced out trippy buzz

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
They were a good company. Grew out the Sensi Star and it was amazing...can't speak for them these days, I haven't ordered their seeds in a almost 6 years. If they still have the same stock then I'd probably get the Sensi Star again.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
They were a good company. Grew out the Sensi Star and it was amazing...can't speak for them these days, I haven't ordered their seeds in a almost 6 years. If they still have the same stock then I'd probably get the Sensi Star again.

me too....shit,if u can find some reg sensi star in stock anywhere then let me know. Seems fem is all that is around these days.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hate to say it but paradise seems to have gone way down hill, and they weren't exctly the top guys to begin with

It looks like they are ending their standard seeds, which means they have likely lost all of their males (if they were keeping any to begin with)
They have jumped on the "auto" bandwagon
And the consensus is that their signature strain sensi star has been changed

As for my experience, I have grown out their belladonna & nebula. Also a couple of unreleased feminized test strains he gave out in the cworld days. All were ok but nothing special.
As far as their cheese...the thing about clone only's in seed form is that nobody who has the clone is ever going to buy seeds to compare them to. He claims them to be an IBL (even tough he is selling them only as fem seed), so I think that's a pretty good indication that they are not legit

Bottom line is they make hybrids for begginners. Easy to grow, crystally, but dilluted and boring. There are much better sources for dutch strains IMO

Plus they don't give out the lineage. Which IMO kind of defeats the purpose of buying a seed variety

We found out the ice cream was a selected White widow cut x a bubblegum. All easy to grow, I like the ice cream for pain relief. Got some clones of my hand grenade pheno goin right now. :tiphat:

icecream seems to be their flag strain nowadays,with sensistar of corse but as many old strains like ak,kalimist and others..the people often say that 'it's not like in the ol' days' lol