What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medical cannabis test results

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
How accurate are these tests and who can get them done, do you have to be a seed company? It would be cool to get some of my dearest clones tested. Thanks in advance and thanks for posting this as I always wondered what these tests look like.

TGT

J

joejusttyped

Was the sensi star that got tested the pre95?

Thanks for the results, always interesting to see.

RaNgEr RiCk

How accurate are these tests and who can get them done, do you have to be a seed company? It would be cool to get some of my dearest clones tested. Thanks in advance and thanks for posting this as I always wondered what these tests look like.

TGT

Anyone in a medical state can have their strains tested. You just have to find the company or companies that will do the testing.

RaNgEr RiCk

Here is an example of a strain that was pulled at 58 days when she should have gone 70+. CBD very high which is good, but the obvious lack of cure and maturity shows. Also positive for mildew, which is part of the reason she was pulled early.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Very interesting...So the sour is camphor? And some strains have cathinone in them? Really..? Thats a first for me to hear...

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Nice thread rick. i was looking at the chart you posted for the nepalese with the mildew and i wonder, have you guys ever taken samples from plants every x weeks during flower to finish and test the levels of thc* at various stages to see how age determines the terpine and thc* profile in the plants?

if the work has already been done by you or others can anyone post links? tia.

RaNgEr RiCk

Nice thread rick. i was looking at the chart you posted for the nepalese with the mildew and i wonder, have you guys ever taken samples from plants every x weeks during flower to finish and test the levels of thc* at various stages to see how age determines the terpine and thc* profile in the plants?

if the work has already been done by you or others can anyone post links? tia.

NO. We have grown the same strains with different growers under near identical conditions, and there may have been a week or so difference in harvest time, but never have we taken samples at different times throughout flower.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
And the cathinone? Cross-contamination with some khat trees or someone in the lab on bath salts LOL No, that has me curious as hell haha I've never heard of it and to consider we are smoking the plant.. Is that the reason for speedy hazes? Is it a different chemical with the same name? Wierd..

So cool that you can just go and get your stuff tested.. Must be such a pleasure to see exactly what is happening in your plants and strains..

rick, i hate to be a hater... but rick you may consider sending out samples of the same runs to an LC lab. your average bud does not have nearly that much cbd. one of the issues with analyzing cbd, especially with GC, is that there are many other cannabinoids and terpenoids that have very similar molecular weights and polarities and thus on the chromatogram there can be a bunch of molecules co-eluting to look like one substantial peak or several small peaks sloppily lumped together to one broad multi-peaked mass. by no means am i trying to question the accuracy of the thc or the terpenoid values, but i'm damn sure those cbd values are not accurate. if you are you lucky enough to live somewhere with other labs i would patronize one of them just for shits and giggles, especially if they use LC.