What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Holy Grail 1.x an introduction

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Its part of doing the test, to see if this strain will work in the heat. Gotta have a couple of heat resistant strains to make the summer worth while. I can tell the Grail would have more bud density and frostiness when done in the winter but they dont look too bad here at 45 days in the high heat.

Last edited:

Verite

Veteran
Heres some closer shots at day 45. They'll probably go another 10-15 days.

Last edited:

senseless

looks great verite. all those plants are super uniform. good job breeding a kickass strain. are they going to be available to the public or certian members to test grow?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Absolutley beautiful. I can tell they are still going to swell, even in the heat. I would love to see what they do in the winter time. Well done.

Great point.

I just startd some Mandala Speed queens which i guess can handle the heat so end of this summer and next hopefully i can pull some weight.

-OL

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
420giveaway
Verite said:
Its part of doing the test, to see if this strain will work in the heat. Gotta have a couple of heat resistant strains to make the summer worth while. I can tell the Grail would have more bud density and frostiness when done in the winter but they dont look too bad here at 45 days in the high heat.

Looking good mate :yes:

I hear ya on the bud density, even my Skunk#1 was fluffy as hell with this damn heat we're having :pointlaug

G

Hmmmmm?

Nice male selected there bro,but on this strain you can see
the C99 that usually takes over most crosses....but it would be
cool to see if it takes the makito resin and potency!
Let us know,looks good so far!!

TAKS

nice grow, pictures,thread,write up info,etc...Verite'' ..So when will the beans be ready 4 some testin? iam ready too try some mikado x c99. i am currently trying the space queen,rom x c99.... :dueling: :woohoo:

G

Hey verite,

Nice photos man.

Sounds like you guys are working with some very nice strains :D

The orange diesel sounds Nice. Go-Jo eh? :O

maybe you already said but what generation are these plants?

I had never heard of mikado untill now, it seems i have been missing out here :D

Watching and learning guys :D thx alot!
NH~

HellaFella

Woah man!

Yeah, I Looove that Mikado, I have a MikadoxBigbud cross they labled as BiG Mac, back before federation went the way of the caveman....

Mikado is a Potent strain that I wouldnt mind getting my hands back upon!

Nice looking cross, those plants look mighty happy for such high temps!

Help Hit humboldt with some beans or a clones of that stuff! We'll DO IT right!

Verite

Veteran
Thanks, these are the third gen [ Grail 1.3's ] a really nice dad got paired with five out of the 14 females, just the ones that smelled the most like candy [ I mark them and test for the best one or two.] The heat has taken its toll in the last few days here by ways of most the fan leaves curling up and dying. The best part was none of the seeded plants got mites and the infestation only remained on three after the ladybugs slowed them down quite a bit but didnt get them all. I will take the last of the on the stalk pics in the next few days.

Verite

Veteran
Thought I would update now that I finally got to my one outdoor plant. Heres the remaining shots of the indoor. Overall I was impressed how the plants took the heat but imo the final product even though its good smoke ended up with buds that were only about 50-75% as dense as their winter counterparts. Next summer Im going to give a mobile air conditioner a try in the room to bring the temps down from the mid 90's. The last pic was one of the plants hit with mites.

Verite

Veteran
Heres the one HG girl I have outside over a friends place. I havent grown outside for years but this one makes me want to again. This one has done pretty well for me only having visited it twice since it went in the ground and the caretaker just waters it.

Gotta love those garden weasel tillers, tilled the soil down about 2.5 feet and worked in a bunch of Peace of Mind starter ferts and left it alone. Went back the last time pics were taken and the plant was at 5+ feet so we bent it over.

Now the plant is now about ten feet across and the branches have formed a kind of hedge with two parts. The first pic is the bottom half of the plant, the second pic is the top half of the plant. The bottom of the stalk is two inches wide. The last thing before leaving it was to work into the soil a bunch more of Peace of Mind ferts some of their bat guano and their fruit and flower blend.

Heres an angled view of the whole plant and a shot of the stalk.

Heres a couple of branch shots showing them just kicking in and one of the tops.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Verite - props man. The indoor plants look fab even despite the high temps, and that HG is frakkin huge! You gonna get a set of 10 gal bubble bags? :biglaugh:

Fat Albert

Kick-ass, Verite!

I love the uniformity of your HG, as well as the organized, logical layout of your room. It seems like C99 is a fantastic plant to breed with; I'm looking forward to crossing some with my Snow Angel. Being able to mix potent sativa genes with an indica without sacrificing flowering time and yield is pretty damn cool.

Have you contemplated how many back-crosses you'd like to do? How would she currently breed with a true IBL or strong F1?

Awesome, once again!

Fat A :wave:

G

Hey Verite.

Ended up with 5 Holy Grail (1.0) babies. All look identical and are about a noteworthy as you'd expect 2 week old plants to be.

Thanks again.

Laxpunker

Great show. That HG did wonderful outside, which cleared any hesitations of attempting C99 outdoor next year. Just one question?

What makes up Mikado? I've only heard of that strain once, and that was a few years ago. It seems to have helped pack on some more weight than what C99 is capable of alone. Also, I'm assuming it's more sativa than indica?

Latest posts

Latest posts