What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ak 48 and what people think of it?

jjs

Hi all , I'm currently growing my first Ak-48 and wondering what people thought of this particular strain?

:thank you:

WelderDan

Veteran
picture.php

Grows fast, pretty frosty, fairly potent. If you don't cure it well, it can be kinda rough tasting. I recommend a good flush and a month in the jar to make it smoother and tastier.

There is supposed to be a Cherry pheno. I didn't find one, but I only ran one pack.

It's easy to grow and will take some abuse.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
I think it rocks.

topping and training recommended, these things can grow like vines if you're doing them right. They like to eat lots too.

and there is a cherry pheno, i found one a few years ago.

jjs

if your talking about nirvana's ak48 i have to say its some good sh*t. when i grew em out i ended up with 2 phenos an indi dom and a sati dom. though both were really good the sati dom was my fav.

also check out:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=205425

great smoke report and on point from my experience with ak48.

Hi yeah forgot to mention im growing Nirvana's Ak 48 , shes almost into her third week of flowering and it's growing like you wouldn't believe , here are some pics thanks again for your words of wisdom peeps.

:thank you:

Attachments

• SAM_0459.jpg
    SAM_0459.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 74
  • SAM_0492.jpg
    SAM_0492.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 15
  • SAM_0489.jpg
    SAM_0489.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 17
  • SAM_0475.jpg
    SAM_0475.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 13
  • SAM_0466.jpg
    SAM_0466.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 15

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
my buddy found a nice pheno. nice daytime effect with pleasant cherry/sandlewood taste.

bigAl25

Veteran
Loved my Nirvana AK48s. Did not top since they lagged behind the bubblelicious and straw bubbakush, wish I had topped to increase yeild. They became real frosty, big cola and nice dense secondary buds. Cured mine around 2 months. Great smoke and will grow them out again. Used femmed Nirvana seeds. I took mine at 65 days and 70 days with two 400 watt MH/HPS mix.

haze1er

yeah nirvana ak48 is one of my fav got 2 going in my garden right now. its just such a fast grower. i have rez sour diesel ibl, chemdogSD, 4SD, gan-strawberryD, fairlight c99, cg-sssg, dna headband/sour kush and sour cream going too and i have to say that the ak48 is just the fastest grower of the bunch.

foozo

A LONG-TIME FAVORITE

A LONG-TIME FAVORITE

I have grown AK-48 many times. It is one of my favorites. Look at the price from Seed Boutique for a pack of these beans, then look at the quality of the smoke and the great yield. It is a true bargain.

The plant is also easy to grow. I have ordered these again and again. I have grown lots of other strains, but this is one I keep coming back to.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
oh heres the strain guide report i did on these a while back.

https://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=showreport&id=165

i love this strain and have been growing it for years. i was lucky and got a cherry pheno which i use plenty in some breeding i've been doing for a few years. i still use it in crosses and it gives a great candy funk taste to everything.

i originally got these in like 02? i think. phenos reports will be from that first ID grow.

basically these things don't even need you around. had 10 of 10 crack in 24 hours with huge 2 in taproots. grow very vigorously. they will start to stink like candy weed in a few weeks of veg. lovely smell

i noticed three phenos in mine
spicy pheno-this one grew well yielded well, had a spice smell to her all along and the final bud came out actually smelling like cinnamon and spice. awesome wanna-be haze kinda taste. intense high. soaring all over the place kind of ride. lots loved it.
CHERRY pheno!-im a lucky boy. smelled like cherry cough drops in veg even, final buds came out like this lovely candied funky kinda thing(like how kush has its own funk smell, and haze and so on, doesn't smell kushy but you know what i mean). various crosses with her keep this candy smell. vigorous grower purple stems early on. love this bud. much more pleasant high than spice one.
random lanky lemon super sativa pheno- ok this thing looked promising, grew HUGE and quick, but flowering never really finished by nov, if the weather would have allowed me to be patient, it mighta turned out intense, but overall i thought it was junky, lemon smell, flowers never really fill out, lots of leaf. might be better if you had like 120 days, but i'd rather grow some haze in that time.

overall these were easy to grow, and i would order again, sonmeone i know did and grew more straight ak out this year and it was similar to mine, no cherry though :/. yields well, definetly train her, she will branch and fit whatever you make her, she LOVES to grow and can handle all kinds of weather extremes and mistreatment.

Posted By: MadBuddhaAbuser
Genotype: Mostly Sativa
Breeder: nirvana
Grow Location: Indoor
Medium: Soil
Sea of Green? No
Lighting & Wattage: 1000MH / big halide in the sky
Fertilizing Method: varies
Pruning Method: LST, supercrop, Straight up
Stature: LOVES to branch, train her well
Flowering Time: mid-Oct od, 9-10 indoor maybe?
Grow Results
Appearance: christmas tree if left natural
Odor: spices, candy, funk
Average Height:
Yield Per Plant:
Taste:
different phenos range from spice to candy
Buzz:
strong shit
Ease of Growing:
Overall Rating:

Tatt2U

Has anyone tried Female Seeds Ak-48?
Yeah, I have it in my perpetual grow. I kept 1 of the package, was a slightly different pheno from the others. Fruity taste with a little bit of spice. Stinks heavily growing and drying......Its pretty much the favorite of most people that I share with.

The high is pretty strong and long lasting. Takes tons of abuse, grows and clones easily...Im happy.

picture.php

To be honest I really didnt expect much from the beans considering the low cost. I was completely surprised, better strain than seeds Ive paid 3 times as much for. Im definitely a FMS fan now, just got some Bubblegummer sprouted this week

armoredforce91

first strain i grew indoors and was real happy with the results. the main colas were huge and damb the buzz was killer. i was just as pleased with the white rhino that were growing next to them. thanks Gypsy

fortitude

I'm running NRS and Female AK48 this year.

I read that AK48 is supposed to be early (end of sept) but I am reading more that AK48 runs a bit longer (sativa phenos).

When have you bushmen cut your AK48's?

E

EverLast

IMO its Ak-47 at affordable preis :D.....not as potent as the original but good choice for 20-30$

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts