What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the top must have clone only strains?

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see it on the clones menus around here. Is it a nine weeker? 3lbs 5x5? Thanks

you should absolutely grab it:)if it’s authentic and you can get your hands on it >>> do so ..I prefer to let her go all the way to 11 or 12 weeks she keeps getting chunkier and chunkier and chunkier..She can be a finicky plant and definitely has specific needs in order to get her to look like she should.. pulling 3 pounds out of a 5 x 5 thumbprint would be hard-pressed , those plants I featured approximately were 4 feet tall and produced a quarter pound a piece of top grade nugs$$$..

Principante8

you should absolutely grab it:)if it’s authentic and you can get your hands on it >>> do so ..I prefer to let her go all the way to 11 or 12 weeks she keeps getting chunkier and chunkier and chunkier..She can be a finicky plant and definitely has specific needs in order to get her to look like she should.. pulling 3 pounds out of a 5 x 5 thumbprint would be hard-pressed , those plants I featured approximately were 4 feet tall and produced a quarter pound a piece of top grade nugs$$$..

Everything gets the chop at week 8 or 9 at my place. What I'm looking for and what I think loc dog is looking for is one that checks every box including flowering time. GG4 can get three pounds in 9 weeks and is top shelf. An 'elite' choice, to a grower looking to pay bills and satisfy customers is different to an 'elite' choice that someone who is growing to smoke for personal enjoyment might make. 11 weeks is for when I'm retired, the house is paid off, and I'm enjoying more free time. It would be nice to harvest less often. :)

Does anyone know of any other varieties that will grow fast, hit 3 lbs per 5x5 and finish in 9 weeks, and is top shelf or at least a crowd pleaser? Even if it's not your personal favorite. If so please list a few.

I've only grown one crop in the past five years. I broke my back etc and had to get back to being healthy. Now that I'm back in the mix, holy shit there's a lot of new varieties I've never seen or heard of. I've been in a bunch of smallish gardens and worked in a few and there's always new stuff moving in and out but when I went clone shopping I was left scratching my head. What are the cash cropper varieties of 2022? Even if it's played out and not the flavor of the month that's ok. Something suitable for the California market.

Thanks

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't say what others are selling as cash croppers. I find my own in the seeds I make. If you can find DBMH(nem) she would fit well. There is a 2nd DBMH I just let loose that is even better in yields. These 2 cuts are very different in terps.

This is the 2nd DBMH.. Dubble banana Mango Haze.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0783.JPG Views:	1 Size:	226.5 KB ID:	18051099 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0784.JPG Views:	1 Size:	281.3 KB ID:	18051100
This is DBMH (NEM)
DSCN4559.JPG
DSCN5460.JPG

Broggemann

Well, as here is some talk about the White Truffle... any more infos on her?

Is she easy to grow?
Flowertime?
Does she stretch?
Some euphoria to her or just as sedating as she looks?

Currently tossed between Mac1 and the WT.

Principante8

I can't say what others are selling as cash croppers. I find my own in the seeds I make. If you can find DBMH(nem) she would fit well. There is a 2nd DBMH I just let loose that is even better in yields. These 2 cuts are very different in terps.

This is the 2nd DBMH.. Dubble banana Mango Haze.
filedata/fetch?id=18051099&d=1642952495filedata/fetch?id=18051100&d=1642952497
This is DBMH (NEM)

I've never seen it on any SoCal clone lists. Looks like a great plant. It would be nice to have something without cookies or purples. Maybe some day :)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
White Truffle is at pretty much every gene traders event and depending on the vendor, it's like $200-$400 a cut. Just a side note. A lot of that popular stuff can be had if you are willing to pay for it. Worth it in the long run if the cuts are healthy.

I paid $400 each for Maxyields breeder cut of Oreoz and Relentless breeder cut of TropCherry. The TropCherry was infected with PM something fierce apparently and has been a bitch to get under wraps. Eh. Comes with the territory...LOL.

That's why you ISOLATE. Glad I did. Spores are still no fun.

That's why it's also better to have friends that keep their gardens tight...:joint:

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't say what others are selling as cash croppers. I find my own in the seeds I make. If you can find DBMH(nem) she would fit well.

"Nothing Else Matters" - is in Maine and she is definitely good smoke. Knew she was yours but didn't know the genetic line. Good work, Hammer. :respect:

dank.Frank

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never seen it on any SoCal clone lists. Looks like a great plant. It would be nice to have something without cookies or purples. Maybe some day :)

I cant say who holds any of my cuts. I don't sell clones, all were shared freely to spread to the world. NEM is out there.. DBMH#2 is not widely spread. Only 1 person was gifted this cut.. She will end up everywhere in time. These DBMH cuts are very different. I let NEM go long ago do to limited working space. Not much stays long here. I'm always looking for better, that's never gonna change. That's why popping seeds is so important IMO. There's lots a good weed out there. Exceptional weed is another story

I forget not all know what DBMH means so here is the genetic makeup.
OGK x Mango haze) x Sour Dubble) x C.banana

"Nothing Else Matters" - is in Maine and she is definitely good smoke. Knew she was yours but didn't know the genetic line. Good work, Hammer. :respect:

dank.Frank

Thank you :D.

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here’s a recent review of White Truffle
The strain has developed some hype, or at least I see it a lot in people’s stories and it looks real pretty. I gotta say, while the bag appeal was off the charts and the weed was overall pretty good, but for the price you’re paying I’d expect something really special and that’s just not what I got from this.

I’ve been trying to get a little more background information from the grower before I post a review, but for this one I wanted to just focus on the bud. The nose on it was nice and kushy, but not super loud. Some nice funky chocolate notes, little bit of garlic in there, too. If I had to criticize it at all, it could’ve had a stronger smell, but what’s there is decently complex and developed.

The high is a pretty standard indica high. Not super sleepy, but there’s a super strong couch lock and a good deal of munchies to it. It had some nice pain and anxiety relieving qualities as well. As much as I harp on terpene development and complexity, I’m primarily an effects smoker. As a medical patient, I can get past muted terps so long as the high has the qualities I’m looking for. I found the high to be the only lacking aspect to White Truffle. I like more euphoria to the high. Much as I like to clean out my fridge and pantry, I prefer to do it while giggling my ass off.

Overall I think I’d have a more positive opinion of this if it didn’t run a higher price than the rest of Xxxxx’s catalog. I buy a lot of my Xxxx stuff from xxxxx , but the price was just too high until Xxxxxgot it in. If it were the same price as their Tropicana, I’d be singing its praises, but it’s running 50+ an eighth for medical patients at some shops. For that price I’m expecting all the qualities to be at an 11. Unfortunately, my mind is unblown here. If you can find it on sale, or you’re a med patient and shop at Xxxxx , you’ll be happy you grabbed some.
. PS most of the hype that you read about is from “vested interests” in other words from seed makers whom have used it as a cash grab in there X’s , or websites that profit from hype

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I cant say who holds any of my cuts. I don't sell clones, all were shared freely to spread to the world.
I agree with you 100% on everything you said, except for this. I preach the exact same on everything.

But I did sell seeds and clones, and plan to keep at it.
Not only because I want peoples money (not saying I dont), but because people take more seriously what they spent money on.
I shared many, many clones and seeds for free. No one gave me back even one of my seeds when I needed. No clone "survived".

Maybe Ive lived through enough crap to find out who my friends really aren't, or maybe Im just being an asshole. Either way, current quality standards (perfect trim, dense purple buds etc) evade me. Now Im just an old dog hauling at the wind with my idealism and shit

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with you 100% on everything you said, except for this. I preach the exact same on everything.

But I did sell seeds and clones, and plan to keep at it.
Not only because I want peoples money (not saying I dont), but because people take more seriously what they spent money on.
I shared many, many clones and seeds for free. No one gave me back even one of my seeds when I needed. No clone "survived".

Maybe Ive lived through enough crap to find out who my friends really aren't, or maybe Im just being an asshole. Either way, current quality standards (perfect trim, dense purple buds etc) evade me. Now Im just an old dog hauling at the wind with my idealism and shit

I sell seeds to keep what I love doing going. In no way is it profitable lol. It pays to keep the lights on and plants fed. The ignore function works great for me so using it keeps the trolls at bay. IMO there's never a need to pay anything when good people share. I dont care who returns something. I dont want anything but good character for myself. If selling clones is your thing I have no problems with this, lots want to be compensated for their time. You are absolutely right, many pretend to be someone there not and take advantage of the kindness shown. Lot's of shady people in our community. Don't let others change who we are. I'll continue sharing, im sure some dumbasses will get ahold of them but what are we gonna do, it is what it is.

Last edited:

Happy Times

I cant say who holds any of my cuts. I don't sell clones, all were shared freely to spread to the world. NEM is out there.. DBMH#2 is not widely spread. Only 1 person was gifted this cut.. She will end up everywhere in time. These DBMH cuts are very different. I let NEM go long ago do to limited working space. Not much stays long here. I'm always looking for better, that's never gonna change. That's why popping seeds is so important IMO. There's lots a good weed out there. Exceptional weed is another story

I forget not all know what DBMH means so here is the genetic makeup.
OGK x Mango haze) x Sour Dubble) x C.banana

Thank you :D.

Thanks for sharing that lineage Hammer! Mind if I ask which OG Kush? Just strain-geek curious

The Iceman

A few to add here..

Breeder Steve’s Sweet Skunk which actually doesn’t have a lick of skunk in it but rather is a NL5XHAZE.

Elvis aka The Church - very old elite with the crazy church incense smell we used to have back in the DHK days

Katsu’s Bubba Kush - most anti-anxiety cannabis I’ve ever had in 35 years of puffing

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Off topic question, but what do you think of machine trimmers??? I would think it would waste a lot of bud and/or need an additional hand trim.

Also does anyone know of a North East state that sells clones?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They Suck IMO.. Like all things, opinions are just that. Im sure some like them. There still used.. Hand trimming produces the best flowers.

You can buy clones off the net. Im, sure there are many..

mexweed

Veteran
pleasantly surprised with some la confidential crumble, at first I was like this is whack I took a huge dab and aren't high, but then I put the bong down and legitimately had trouble getting up off the seat

very heavy body high but functional after like 5 mins, similar to how I find bubba to be but stronger than bubba typically comes off, it's a bit more 'lively' than bubba

Latest posts

Latest posts