What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Variegation in Chem 91 S1

I recently popped a pack of Chem 91 S1s created by CSI, and immediately the one plant caught my attention. There is one plant that is showing heavy variegation at a young age, something that is well-known in the D, but something that I haven't seen before in the 91 S1s. We all know that the D and the 91 are related, but seeing variegation expressed in the 91 S1 is quite interesting. I'm wondering if this is directly expressing the same gene that is in the D, perhaps from higher up in the lineage?

Was wondering if anyone else had experience in running the 91 S1s and if anyone else had perhaps seen any variegated individuals grown out, and if they flowered out the same as the 91 or perhaps had some unique recessive traits?

Attachments

• photo2089402.jpg
    photo2089402.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2089403.jpg
    photo2089403.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 76
  • photo2089404.jpg
    photo2089404.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 44

Not the 91 but here it is in C4DDf2. What is peculiar about this is that although the trait has shown in other phenotypes, this particular cut 'FAT' I've had going on a year and this is the first time it has expressed the 'mosaic' trait..

20211122_221126.jpg

VerdantGreen

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The chem lines do have some funky genes that, as trichomechaser says, are most commonly seen in the D... but may be present and more buried in other chem lines. The leaf streak can be improved with nutrition.. seems to get better with more Mg possible Ca
The leaf curl in dots' pic pops up occasionally in plants that otherwise look clean - including the 'Big' Contra D which look to have lost most of the 'streaky/stunted' genes in that half of the progeny.
So the pic shows the Contra D (which is kind of Chem D with 3/4 bx)' and the genes have segregated somehow, leaving about half of the plants extra big and healthy...and the other half small/streaky and stunted... but you can see the resemblance to the Chem D plant structure quite clearly in the 'lil D'
Click image for larger version  Name:	contracontrast.jpg Views:	0 Size:	332.7 KB ID:	17996643
VG

The chem lines do have some funky genes that, as trichomechaser says, are most commonly seen in the D... but may be present and more buried in other chem lines. The leaf streak can be improved with nutrition.. seems to get better with more Mg possible Ca
The leaf curl in dots' pic pops up occasionally in plants that otherwise look clean - including the 'Big' Contra D which look to have lost most of the 'streaky/stunted' genes in that half of the progeny.
So the pic shows the Contra D (which is kind of Chem D with 3/4 bx)' and the genes have segregated somehow, leaving about half of the plants extra big and healthy...and the other half small/streaky and stunted... but you can see the resemblance to the Chem D plant structure quite clearly in the 'lil D'
VG

Thanks for the response.

My girls are flowering out now and my plant ended up doing the same thing. One half is perfectly healthy, plain green, the other half is heavily streaked and far more prone to wind burn/sensitive.

Latest posts

Latest posts