What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any idea what this strain might be?

StickyBandit

IMO you would need a few more seeds, but with that said you could reverse one of your fav female of the group and go looking for what you have now out of those seeds, i would hold onto what you got as long as you can and enjoy...:)

Sounds like a good idea 👍
I have however tried to make some seeds before and that's possibly how I got the few I have left.
I made 2 clones and tried to turn one male by spraying morning and night for 2 weeks with colloidal silver but didn't get any pollen despite looking like a male.
I kept the male and female together in a tent and let the female grow until it was nearly dead before cutting it down and found a half dozen seeds.
Is there a link to making seeds that works better than what I tried?
Cheers

Last edited:

StickyBandit

One more smell I have identified is just a hint of curry
Not the sweet kind of curry you get from the store but the traditional one with the real bite to it that curls your nose hairs :)
I'm not sure if it was there in the original cut but it is detectable in the pheno from the last seed.

I didn't take cuts from that either so will have to pop another seed when I'm ready
If I don't manage to get more seeds from it next round by selfing I might have to cross with a suitable male
Selfing might make it weaker so I would like to do the cross also to cover my bases

It must match the effects to keep it as close as possible so will need to be:
very strong
Not make you tired
Clear headed
No munchies what so ever
Chunky and fast flowering

Any suggestions will be much appreciated and I would prefer the regular seeds to be available from attitude seeds since I can purchase with BTC and every delivery so far has been successful
Cheers, Sticky 👍

StickyBandit

I have some regular Mr Nice Seeds G13 Widow seeds coming and I plan to put a male over this female then put the resulting offspring male over this again and so on until the G13 Widow is watered down to taste :)
I might even make some other crosses, who knows, but it will be nice to have some males to play with
Does this sound like an OK plan? I will have to do some research on breeding I guess
Is there a name for this method?
Cheers, Sticky

goingrey

Sounds like you were on the right path when doing the CS reversal but should have just kept going longer than two weeks. STS should be easier to reverse a plant with than CS if you plan to try again - more reliable with less applications.

Outcrossing the clone to something else and then backcrossing multiple times is a fine solution as well. Mr Soul called it cubing when he used it to create Cinderella 99 but that name kinda depends on doing the backcross three times (like he did) to make any sense. This method will need you to do selection over multiple generations to get seeds that are like the original clone. But on the plus side you might find something even better, or equally good but different. And unless the clone is from a very stable/true-breeding strain, you will also have to do a lot of selection from the S1 seeds to find plants like the original clone.

StickyBandit

Thanks for the input goingrey 👍
I only have a small grow room so I will have to wait until I have some space before going hard out as I need to make the most of the last few seeds
I only recently realized there are other strains in the world available so I will sample a few before deciding which one is the best cross. Currently we have Wedding Cake on the go but no males.
I just popped some Golden Tiger regulars but I'm not sure it would be a good fit? You couldn't get two more different strains. Who knows what you'd get?
What is STS?
Cheers sticky

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Pulled a Wedding Cake plant today and it has the smell, amongst others, almost identical to the mystery strain. The same strong, bitter curry smell
Good news is my friend gave a clone to a mate and he thinks he still has it so I might be able to get it back pure :)

Here's a pic of the WC
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211025_161558.jpg Views:	61 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	17974326

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Sounds like you were on the right path when doing the CS reversal but should have just kept going longer than two weeks. STS should be easier to reverse a plant with than CS if you plan to try again - more reliable with less applications.

Outcrossing the clone to something else and then backcrossing multiple times is a fine solution as well. Mr Soul called it cubing when he used it to create Cinderella 99 but that name kinda depends on doing the backcross three times (like he did) to make any sense. This method will need you to do selection over multiple generations to get seeds that are like the original clone. But on the plus side you might find something even better, or equally good but different. And unless the clone is from a very stable/true-breeding strain, you will also have to do a lot of selection from the S1 seeds to find plants like the original clone.

Thanks for the suggestion about using STS :thank you:
I've been reading up on it and it seems like a good solution. Looks a little complicated at first but when you break it down it makes good sense :)
I'm thinking this strain and G13 Haze might make something pretty special :D

StickyBandit

Good news!
I rang my friend and he has the original cutting back and has taken 4 clones from it already :party:
As soon as I have room it will be getting special attention
I will be a bit more vigilant with it this time now that I realize the importance of keeping the old cuts going
Everyone just LOVES this one so it's not a chore anyway :)

StickyBandit

I have the new clones now from the original line and they have a distinct trait I'm sure someone will recognize :D
I noticed yesterday the structure is different to any other strain I've grown!
It does not grow pairs of laterals but the main stem kind of zig zags and ONE lateral shoots out and the main stem heads off in the other direction until another lateral emerges

20220227_101900.jpg

20220227_101908.jpg

Thanks for helping out :flowers2:

StickyBandit

Here are some updated pics
First are my indoor efforts (the 3 larger in the tent) and then my mate's outdoor monsters
Looks like he will get a bumper crop this year :D

Click image for larger version  Name:	MyGBs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	18109301 Click image for larger version  Name:	MyGBs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	18109301 Click image for larger version  Name:	MyGBs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	18109301 Click image for larger version  Name:	MyGBs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	18109301 Click image for larger version  Name:	GB2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.6 KB ID:	18109302

Thanks for lookin' in :wave:

Last edited:

Cloneman

Veteran
I have the new clones now from the original line and they have a distinct trait I'm sure someone will recognize :D
I noticed yesterday the structure is different to any other strain I've grown!
It does not grow pairs of laterals but the main stem kind of zig zags and ONE lateral shoots out and the main stem heads off in the other direction until another lateral emerges

Thanks for helping out :flowers2:

I don't want to be an arse here but what you are describing is a normal clone off of a mature plant, which is what I can see. What your saying about "pairs of laterals" is describing a seedling until it grows in to a mature plant with alternate laterals/nodes.
Looks like a very healthy clone to me, God knows what ever it is though...
Good luck

StickyBandit

I don't want to be an arse here but what you are describing is a normal clone off of a mature plant, which is what I can see. What your saying about "pairs of laterals" is describing a seedling until it grows in to a mature plant with alternate laterals/nodes.
Looks like a very healthy clone to me, God knows what ever it is though...
Good luck

Yeah, thanks. No offence taken :)
I noticed after I posted it that the Mango Chutneys next to them have the same structure :tongue:
It's probably even harder to tell on the outdoor plants because they all just look bushy :D

Happy Times

Thanks for the suggestion about using STS :thank you:
I've been reading up on it and it seems like a good solution. Looks a little complicated at first but when you break it down it makes good sense :)
I'm thinking this strain and G13 Haze might make something pretty special :D

Got a nice G13/Hz in the stable?

Happy Times

Northern Lights maybe? Or Super Skunk?

yeah, some kind of indica-dom hybrid from back in the day bred for indoor growing? Might never know exactly

random old school ideas as to building blocks NL/Shiva/Afghan/early pearl/

G13/HP

like others mentioned

no matter what, looks like a stout one!

StickyBandit

Got a nice G13/Hz in the stable?

yeah, some kind of indica-dom hybrid from back in the day bred for indoor growing? Might never know exactly

random old school ideas as to building blocks NL/Shiva/Afghan/early pearl/

G13/HP

like others mentioned

no matter what, looks like a stout one!

I don't smell any pearl. That one I know :)
I have G13 Haze regulars from Barney's Farm Seeds I haven't grown yet. Could be worth considering. Maybe if I find a real stand out
I have a few Ace strains now I was considering crossing but they are more long duration grows and this is as little as 45 days in hydro
I was actually considering this
Click image for larger version  Name:	reg Malawi x PCK x 12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	18119473
or this
Click image for larger version  Name:	reg Karel's Haze x 12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	830.4 KB ID:	18119474
or this
Click image for larger version  Name:	reg Malawi x PCK x 12.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.3 KB ID:	18119473
or this
The G13 Widow is out. Wasn't stable enough. Produced a couple of male pods in the extreme heat. The original strain is rock solid so don't want to taint it.
I have 18 regular strains and 75 strains all up. I could use STS to make fem pollen from any of the females I guess
I'm kinda leaning towards the Malawi x PCK from Ace, but I don't know. I think our original strain could make some interesting babies with it :)