What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Haze hybrids and psychohaze phenotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
all about them.

expression hazehybrid is composed of two words, first is haze. haze is hybrid
of tropical sativas, we can say it is tropical cultivar simply. not every tropical
cultivar is same, so let say that haze is tropical cultivar with specific traits.
one of these traits is relatively high psychoactivity.

and what does hybrid of haze mean? let define it by goal of the creator, by the intention, which is quite
clear. it is attempt to bring some tropical traits or tropical quality into hybrid, the intention is to get genetics influenced
by tropical variety to make it haze like. thats basic intention for making haze hybrid. if you dont want your
indica being influenced by haze - which means that it will be changed a lot by tropical influence,
why would you cross it with haze? right?

now that attempt can be succesful or not. as nobody is perfect.

if hazyhybrid lacks psychoactivity, which is quite rare case, it means that it was quite unsuccesful,
because it is what makes hazehybrid unique and different from other hybrids.

so let say that 25% of haze in hybrid is minimum to get nice hazy phenos. anything less means that it is very
rare to find pheno with proper haze qualities. I am sure, some of us requieres bigger percentage for proper haze hybrids.

I smoked some titans haze 2 hours ago, just few tokes and I am still rushy high, very alert and my mind
is very active, slight sedation will come as it contains skunk. but it is great example of hazehybrid, although there are
even better ones.

it has high psychoactivity compared to todays super terpy hybrids.

so there are those special phenotypes of hazehybrids we can call psychohazes. these are masterpieces among hazehybrids.

nevilles haze, psychohaze phenotype:

fetch

funkyhorse

This NL5xHz 91 strain is weird for me
The cross I did last year of the F3 with Chocolate Thai was unexpectedly the most psychoactive of last year. I didnt like the mom much but it made very nice hash, much more potent than both parents
This year I tried a couple girls from the NL5xHz 91 F4s and I didnt like it much, indica leaning, I still have the buds and they will go to the tumbler, hopefully it will make decent hash like the F3
I crossed it with a selected Tom Hill Haze male from Xiskito repro and this is the result(Xiskito said the male will bring a lot more resin). I didnt see these buds from mother nor father, hopefully psychoactivity will be improved
I am tempted to chop it now but it is my first time finnishing outdoors on winter with ascending sun hours so I will go with the rule that says: when you think is ready, give it one more week. I crossed the same girl with MadMac Ohz, I wonder what result it will give compared to this girl growing in 5 liter pot
NL5xHz 91 F4 x THH3 Xiskito
Nl5xH 91 x thh3.jpeg
Nl5xH 91 x thh3 (2).jpeg
Nl5xH 91 x thh3 (3).jpeg
Nl5xH 91 x thh3 (4).jpeg

funkyhorse

funkyhorse The chocolate thai, is that drawohs? Someone else here made a chocolate thai x tom hill haze and I will let them speak to the pyschoactivity of it since I didn't try it, just curious if the same line carries the same traits.

These are the parent plants, the Chocolate Thai is the Derg Corra release. If it is drawohs line or not is not clear. First year I sprouted just 2 beans and I got an indica male which I culled and the crazy looking male from the picture below.
Hi revverend, I hope you dont mind, you post interesting stuff and thought provoking which helps learning
I am a new grower, I tested about 10 varieties, 2-3 seeds from each
I had these leaves formation in 2 different strains from two different providers so I thought the trait was common because % is high, is this the famous beginner's luck?

This is NL5xHz91 grown indoors. Out of 2 girls and a boy only this one showed the trait. It makes very nice hash this pheno

picture.php

This one is Chocolate Thai F5 male leaf grown outdoors. I had sprouted 2 seeds, I had 2 males one indica which I culled and this sativa male

I made a few seeds with these two, I am curious to see if the trait will show up in the progeny
Counting those leaves, this one was the only strain I have seen with 13 leaflets, I thought a lot of leaflets would be a common trait in cannabis and it isnt, back in the 80's it was known as a trait related to the potency of the strain, picture was taken with cheap phone, I hope it can be seen
picture.php

picture.php

Baby looks like parents and hits more
I am also curious to know if this extra leaflet feature has a name and the science behind it
Chocolate Thai F5 male
picture.php
The male CTF5 male pollinated this NL5xH 91 F3 girl
picture.php

And this is the above plants progeny currently after 9 weeks flowering
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

And this is the baby finnished and cobbed, man it is crazy to find all this shit all over the forum. And when I myself complain when the info is dispersed in tiny bits of pieces like a puzzle all over the forums, I am doing it too...
This is the only window of the year when I get temperatures that allow to make it naturally
It is the first time I put in the best I have at the moment, it is very sticky,it makes charas. Its an own cross Nl5xH x Chocolate Thai
picture.php

I hope it makes a good fermentation process
25 grams makes just for a thick little banana like this tree gives
picture.php

lets see after 40 days in the greenhouse what happens
picture.php
picture.php

The fermented cob/brick is 3 toke ganja, nice 2 hours. Only down side is it gives a huge munchies

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
funkyhorse The chocolate thai, is that drawohs? Someone else here made a chocolate thai x tom hill haze and I will let them speak to the pyschoactivity of it since I didn't try it, just curious if the same line carries the same traits.

although drawoh choc thai looks like indica, it doesnt smoke like that, so I dont doubt there will be psychohaze phenotypes.

I personally think that thaihaze is one of the best haze hybrid around, if not the best. it is just hard to manage indoors.

not only 50% of haze are psychoactive. I remember buying jacks, it was hydro jack :D in that time if they said hydro skunk or hydro jack they thought its special you know... , jack is NL1 x original haze mother crossed with skunk or nlskunk. so it is like 25% haze, for most commercial phenos. there were 13weekers, I know somebody who has it, but it is weak nowadays..
it was heavy smoke but despite the heaviness it let you being functional, similar way you are functional on vodka but have no clue whats going on, and quite trippy. one girl in the club, she was blond and had light blue dress, she shined so much and I got hallucinations she is made from blue ice. vividly. I felt all right, but others, who didn't smoke it, looked at me that way I am pretty wasted. in the end I realized I had to go home, I was traveling in psychedelic bubble through city. alone. just me and psychoactivity :D it was around 2000.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
although drawoh choc thai looks like indica, it doesnt smoke like that, so I dont doubt there will be psychohaze phenotypes.

I personally think that thaihaze is one of the best haze hybrid around, if not the best. it is just hard to manage indoors.

not only 50% of haze are psychoactive. I remember buying jacks, it was hydro jack :D in that time if they said hydro skunk or hydro jack they thought its special you know... , jack is NL1 x original haze mother crossed with skunk or nlskunk. so it is like 25% haze, for most commercial phenos. there were 13weekers, I know somebody who has it, but it is weak nowadays..
it was heavy smoke but despite the heaviness it let you being functional, similar way you are functional on vodka but have no clue whats going on, and quite trippy. one girl in the club, she was blond and had light blue dress, she shined so much and I got hallucinations she is made from blue ice. vividly. I felt all right, but others, who didn't smoke it, looked at me that way I am pretty wasted. in the end I realized I had to go home, I was traveling in psychedelic bubble through city. alone. just me and psychoactivity :D it was around 2000.

Yes that is high of Jack better description I couldnt write.

''It was heavy smoke but despite the heaviness it let you being functional, similar way you are functional on vodka but have no clue whats going on, and quite trippy. one girl in the club, she was blond and had light blue dress, she shined so much and I got hallucinations she is made from blue ice. vividly. I felt all right, but others, who didn't smoke it, looked at me that way I am pretty wasted. in the end I realized I had to go home, I was traveling in psychedelic bubble through city. alone. just me and psychoactivity :D''

But Jack's lineage is ((NL5) x(Shiva skunk)) SK1 dom pheno x O.haze.
user501571_pic2009760_1581499531.jpg

Pheno A from Sensi's description.

Eucalyptus-Menthol-Pepper-Pine.

No fruit no lemon at all.

Attachments

• user501571_pic2009760_1581499531.jpg
    user501571_pic2009760_1581499531.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 82

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Yes that is high of Jack better description I couldnt write.

''It was heavy smoke but despite the heaviness it let you being functional, similar way you are functional on vodka but have no clue whats going on, and quite trippy. one girl in the club, she was blond and had light blue dress, she shined so much and I got hallucinations she is made from blue ice. vividly. I felt all right, but others, who didn't smoke it, looked at me that way I am pretty wasted. in the end I realized I had to go home, I was traveling in psychedelic bubble through city. alone. just me and psychoactivity :D''

But Jack's lineage is ((NL5) x(Shiva skunk)) SK1 dom pheno x O.haze.

Pheno A from Sensi's description.

Eucalyptus-Menthol-Pepper-Pine.

No fruit no lemon at all.

nice bud. I remember that spicy peppery haziness...

hehe :D it doesn't matter in the end. at least we can agree that it is 25%haze.

but todays jacks have more northern lights effect imo. lacks that psychoactivity to me, maybe I am old and I didn't smoke sativa hybrids in that time

I crossed it with a selected Tom Hill Haze male from Xiskito repro and this is the result(Xiskito said the male will bring a lot more resin). I didnt see these buds from mother nor father, hopefully psychoactivity will be improved

I am sure that yes.

so what hybrid you grew is the closest to 70s psychoactive weed ??? which was on psychedelic ladder just degree under shrooms like you said.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
NH x C5 Mango plant # two extremely psychoactive currently growing :)

man this cut of laos x mango haze I have, it is so strong and cerebral and... drums... high yielding!!! Donald puts out some excellent beans, thats sure.

good thread ..i enjoy haze hybrids of all kinds in this kinda hybrid i want high taste and yeild had to go thru around 30 females to find one that had those traits without any negative aspects from indica in the high which the majority contained ,,

thats good number. good job with it. I found some high yielding phenotypes, yet rocket fuel smoke. that's what I like on haze hybrids. that yield. plentiful and abundant.

Dirt Life

Veteran
I love cartoon vision. is it skunkhaze? :D

HAZE ON!

👍.. sure is. I've made multiple hybrids with her... first one I grew out was very dissapointing... like you said, if it's not psychoactive, then it's a bad haze cross. It was hybridized with Seedsman African Buzz... had a nice high, but lots of body, and none of the haze/skunk effect I fell in love with... so, dissapointing. Current cross I am running looks VERY haze/skunk in her later flower, so, I'm very excited to try her...

I have Todd's Haze and Aces Old Timers Haze x Kali China on the backburner. They will both be ran more towards end of summer, its been soo humid and hot here. Anyways, here's a picture of a 25% haze hybrid that was NOT psychoactive, the cross I made with African Buzz...

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17649713.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	17899801

:wave:
Haze on, indeed!

funkyhorse

so what hybrid you grew is the closest to 70s psychoactive weed ??? which was on psychedelic ladder just degree under shrooms like you said.

In the short time I am growing ganja I found nothing, not even remotely close to the 80s weed

But this year I am finding the weed I smoked from the 2000 milennia and I am very happy with it. It is still alive or can still be resurrected, but the 80s landrace weed I am not sure if it is alive or can be recreated. Maybe outcrossing pure sativa lines not hybridized can bring the magic back?
With 45 days cure what I like more is south east asian landrace weed from the first decade of 2000s. Maybe because that was what I smoked for many years my taste is for that kind of weed. It is Vangvieng quality of old. From this season early trials, Laos is the one I like more. Northern Thailand 2008 is a nice surprise too. I expected more from colombian lines but in the year 2000 they were all hybridized and gone, pure lines kept at colector hands in the northern hemisphere sun in northern latitudes dont help with keeping potency up, but the genes are there so maybe recombining them can hit jackpot. In SEA Asia landraces lasted a little longer before hybridizing

Laos fem 2 is the fastest of the Laos girls and it has 45 days cure. This one wont last long in the jar. It is better than all Laos Mango girls and it is doable indoors, of course it will take longer. I wonder if the quality of the high indoors will be the same
With 55 days on 11/13, Laos from Wally is flowering nicely indoors while Ohz or most pure sativas dont show sex or have a pistil or 2 and have been taken out of the flowering room
This is Laos girl 2 from cut in 5 liter pot. For me VangVieng 2000s should be the first step of the entheogenic ladder and start searching in order to climb the entheogenic ladder and go back to the 80s high
Laos 2 (2).jpeg

And this is Laos girl 1 side by side with Laos Mango girl 2 which is Mango hz leaning for reference at 55 days indoors, both at 5 liter pots. I didnt test the Laos 1 smoke yet and Laos girl 3 which is the most promising is still drying
Laos fem 1 and Laos mango 2 fem 55 days.jpeg

This is my firm girl Luang Prabang, VangVieng 2000's weed.
It is not a strain for indoors, look what happens, at 11/13 it starts revegging even being far away from the lights. At least she can make some seed indoors and next year I will have a cut in the greenhouse and hopefully find some pure sativa from non hybridized lines boys for her
Luang Prabang (4).jpeg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
In the short time I am growing ganja I found nothing, not even remotely close to the 80s weed

But this year I am finding the weed I smoked from the 2000 milennia and I am very happy with it. It is still alive or can still be resurrected, but the 80s landrace weed I am not sure if it is alive or can be recreated. Maybe outcrossing pure sativa lines not hybridized can bring the magic back?
With 45 days cure what I like more is south east asian landrace weed from the first decade of 2000s. Maybe because that was what I smoked for many years my taste is for that kind of weed. It is Vangvieng quality of old. From this season early trials, Laos is the one I like more. Northern Thailand 2008 is a nice surprise too. I expected more from colombian lines but in the year 2000 they were all hybridized and gone, pure lines kept at colector hands in the northern hemisphere sun in northern latitudes dont help with keeping potency up, but the genes are there so maybe recombining them can hit jackpot. In SEA Asia landraces lasted a little longer before hybridizing

Laos fem 2 is the fastest of the Laos girls and it has 45 days cure. This one wont last long in the jar. It is better than all Laos Mango girls and it is doable indoors, of course it will take longer. I wonder if the quality of the high indoors will be the same
With 55 days on 11/13, Laos from Wally is flowering nicely indoors while Ohz or most pure sativas dont show sex or have a pistil or 2 and have been taken out of the flowering room
This is Laos girl 2 from cut in 5 liter pot. For me VangVieng 2000s should be the first step of the entheogenic ladder and start searching in order to climb the entheogenic ladder and go back to the 80s high

And this is Laos girl 1 side by side with Laos Mango girl 2 which is Mango hz leaning for reference at 55 days indoors, both at 5 liter pots. I didnt test the Laos 1 smoke yet and Laos girl 3 which is the most promising is still drying

This is my firm girl Luang Prabang, VangVieng 2000's weed.
It is not a strain for indoors, look what happens, at 11/13 it starts revegging even being far away from the lights. At least she can make some seed indoors and next year I will have a cut in the greenhouse and hopefully find some pure sativa from non hybridized lines boys for her

I see. so hopefully you will grow more hybrids in the future. it is about pheno I am sure.

not everybody has climate as you have. so we have to make hybrids. anyway I believe your environment is very specific, as you said that original haze hermied on you. that's really weird, I still think about it.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
👍.. sure is. I've made multiple hybrids with her... first one I grew out was very dissapointing... like you said, if it's not psychoactive, then it's a bad haze cross. It was hybridized with Seedsman African Buzz... had a nice high, but lots of body, and none of the haze/skunk effect I fell in love with... so, dissapointing. Current cross I am running looks VERY haze/skunk in her later flower, so, I'm very excited to try her...

I have Todd's Haze and Aces Old Timers Haze x Kali China on the backburner. They will both be ran more towards end of summer, its been soo humid and hot here. Anyways, here's a picture of a 25% haze hybrid that was NOT psychoactive, the cross I made with African Buzz...

:wave:
Haze on, indeed!

current cross is that with blue genetics? can you post it here? I like the smell of f13hz a lot, like hazy champagne. I have to dig into blue hazes more deep.

good luck with those, they are ideal for humid weather I think :D

I know you grow haze19 x skunk, classic :D and mr. nice skunkhaze. which you like more?

SUPER_HAZE

Hi.

Funkyhorse I recommend you try old timer haze if you haven't tried it. I don't know how many seeds you plant of each variety but to find something that is quite good you have to plant many plants and have some luck.

The loss of varieties is mainly due to prohibition and lack of conservation. Many people have selected and bred varieties with a low number of plants, often only one or two females and not being good.

To find and reproduce something spectacular you need to work with many plants and select only the best. 30 50 100... The more the merrier.

I also do not like the reproduction with all the males and females that are. That only serves to have more seeds.

Better to select the best females and males from the beginning and start from there. Females that do not smell, resin or have low effect are of no use...

Status
Not open for further replies.