What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

texada island timewarp

amrad

I'v grown it now for five or so years, but found this discription by Vic High real informative.

Comments Texada Timewarp is the famous outdoor strain grown originally and still today on Texada Island, a longish island in the Georgia Strait. I have been there, just off the coast of Powell River, by BC Ferries, specifically as a pilgrimage because I felt sincerely, " I should go to these places and find out who knows the history." since I often end up as spokesman for "us".

Here's what I learned:
Texada Timewarp, this summer's planting, comes from an 18 year old clone mother, very few seeds are known to still exist, only crosses are available in seed form.

Texada is outdoor, on Texada most Timewarp was 5'-7' at harvest, but I have seen it reach up to 13' on Texada and in neighboring Gulf Islands.
Though it grows tall, sativa like, often with sativa like leaves, I'm not sure (its heritage) can be determined. It finishes October 1st." Marc Emery

The clone is nice but easily contracts powdery mildew. It finishes early which is a good thing most years but it wasn't this year. The clones I planted early, finished early, but because of our extended warm summer, the buds were quick to go moldy. The clones I planted late were about 3 weeks later and seemed more more mold resistant at the cooler temps. Also, this year the cloned plants didn't get as dark purple as they did last year. Not sure how any of these traits will play out on your side of the country, but figured I would give a heads up.
Being a seedmaker, if you are interested in exploring the seed potential of the timewarp genetics, I recommend hunting down the actual original clone. The source of the original clone seems to feel the person backcrossing the afghani/TWW hybrid has not been succesful in removing the afghani influence. Starting with the backcross, you may zero in on the afghani traits and accidently promote them as timewarp traits.
One project I discussed with the original clone holder was about trying the backcross again but starting with the original blueberry line instead. Blueberry and timewarp are very similar in plant shape and seem to share a common ancestry. Therefore, removing bluebery's influence wouldn't be such a concern. Plus, intentionally maintaining blueberry's mold and powedery mildew resistance into the seedline could vastly improve the adaptability and therefore suitability of the outdoor genetics.

Vic High

bloyd

Veteran
interesting. I have always considered legends timebomb which is a cross of the timewarp clone and dj's bb. According to vic they sound like they were made for each other.

amrad

I was thinking that also, funny I would have never thought of the Timewarp Blueberry connection. It starts out looking very sativa, but I'v got some outside that are in flower and now the indica traits are starting to appear.Ill post a few pics if I make it out this weekend. Its a fantastic plant to grow, I stressed the shit out of them this year and no problem with herms. In fact I'v never had a timewarp go hermy no matter what the growing conditions.

amrad

Ya mine are from seed too. I'd love to get my hands on the real thing. My seed originally was from next gen. and I dont know for sure but think that they crossed the clone mom to a dynamite male and then back to the clone for a few generations.

brainwarp (timewarp bx) by SVS had a pheno that was one of the stinkiest rankest almost nauseating in odor department outdoor plants i've ever grown. im gonna grow some for nostalgia's sake one day

Berolina_buds

I'v grown it now for five or so years, but found this discription by Vic High real informative.

Comments Texada Timewarp is the famous outdoor strain grown originally and still today on Texada Island, a longish island in the Georgia Strait. I have been there, just off the coast of Powell River, by BC Ferries, specifically as a pilgrimage because I felt sincerely, " I should go to these places and find out who knows the history." since I often end up as spokesman for "us".

Here's what I learned:
Texada Timewarp, this summer's planting, comes from an 18 year old clone mother, very few seeds are known to still exist, only crosses are available in seed form.

Texada is outdoor, on Texada most Timewarp was 5'-7' at harvest, but I have seen it reach up to 13' on Texada and in neighboring Gulf Islands.
Though it grows tall, sativa like, often with sativa like leaves, I'm not sure (its heritage) can be determined. It finishes October 1st." Marc Emery

The clone is nice but easily contracts powdery mildew. It finishes early which is a good thing most years but it wasn't this year. The clones I planted early, finished early, but because of our extended warm summer, the buds were quick to go moldy. The clones I planted late were about 3 weeks later and seemed more more mold resistant at the cooler temps. Also, this year the cloned plants didn't get as dark purple as they did last year. Not sure how any of these traits will play out on your side of the country, but figured I would give a heads up.
Being a seedmaker, if you are interested in exploring the seed potential of the timewarp genetics, I recommend hunting down the actual original clone. The source of the original clone seems to feel the person backcrossing the afghani/TWW hybrid has not been succesful in removing the afghani influence. Starting with the backcross, you may zero in on the afghani traits and accidently promote them as timewarp traits.
One project I discussed with the original clone holder was about trying the backcross again but starting with the original blueberry line instead. Blueberry and timewarp are very similar in plant shape and seem to share a common ancestry. Therefore, removing bluebery's influence wouldn't be such a concern. Plus, intentionally maintaining blueberry's mold and powedery mildew resistance into the seedline could vastly improve the adaptability and therefore suitability of the outdoor genetics.

Vic High

I live in Victoria igot some seed in a bag of outdoor from texada Island, iv been growing it for years , Iv crossed it with blue monster ( auto flower blueberry crossed with cheese ) , the cross in my opinion has been very successful and I'm exited to harvest my f1 this year , I have my f2 seeds harvested already , my intent is to cross these original seeds of what I believe to be timewarp with pink kush , and then cross that f2 with the blue monster f2 , I'm just a hobby grower and I'm hoping in a few years time to be able to call this cross my own strain , took me a while to find viable outdoor seed here