What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A 'clearing out my fridge' grow

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
(Pics on Pg.2)

I've had a few packs of beans sitting in my fridge for a while now.... The oldest of which will hit it's 4th birthday soon, lol! These are a pack of London Memories by Magus Genetics, I think they are now called 'Motivation' and supposed to be done in 56 days, a cross of sensi star and warlock.

Also had 2 types of OG Kush S1's (6 of each) - These are the youngest of the bunch... probably 9 months or so old. To finish up I have 5 AK47's that are also near 4 years old.

Hoping to do a bit of pollen chucking if I get a good AK47 male. I will hit the OG KushS1's with some AK jizz :D Skeet Skeet :D All these seeds were germed in shot glasses, got 10/10 London Memories, 5/5 AK47, 5/6 OG KushS1's...

Since planting them up I managed to rip the head of one of the OG Kush's heads off :spank:
All the rest have either popped out or are on their way up out the soil.

3 days since putting in shot glass

attachment.php

Veg pics are boring I know, just for my own records... Should have something to post in a few weeks time :)

:joint: Please smoke a bowl while you wait :bongsmi:

Last edited by a moderator:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Whooops :) Not sure what happened to the pics :rolleyes: I'll post a couple of them today 4 days from germinating in shot glass...

@laughing moon, nahh dude I just dumped em in a shot glass filled with bottled water, within 24 hours most had popped, first time germing like this but its really very simple KISS way to do it. All the old pips germinated within 36 hours funnily enough it was teh new seeds that didn't germ within 36 hours.... one still hasn't popped, but I planted it up all the same to see if it want's to do it's thing in soil instead...

@ got a light, sounds like I should grab a pack of bubblecheese asap from your descriptions bro :joint::D The bubble hash from it sounds delightful.... Thanks for stopping by bro.... I will be refilling the seed spot in my fridge with Strawberry Cheesel (strawberry diesel x UK cheese - exodus cut, Hazeolope (Chocolope x G13 Haze father - Soma's cut and bubblecheese probably :D Good question btw ;)

Pics-

3 days back in the shot glass (24hrs after putting them into glass)
All beans as of today
Close up of OG KushS1's

Attachments

• OK Kush.jpg
    OK Kush.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 4 days from shot glass.jpg
    4 days from shot glass.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 34
  • OG Kush18.jpg
    OG Kush18.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 36

BigPhil

Veteran
Hay shhh awsome dude, I would like to give the OG a go somtime see what all the fuss is about :D

Dr. Dank

I just had 7 of 10 pop of gypsys magical mystery mix. These were a bou freebie I got 5 or 6 years ago. I still have high hopes for the other 3 seeds as its only been 3 days.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
1 week from germinating

1 week from germinating

W'sup BP & Dr. Dank... Good of you guys to drop by. Not much to show yet but hopefully I get a gem or two out of this lot.

Dr. Dank, I see you are also germing some old beans ay, good luck with the remaining 3... If mine are anything to go by u should be ok with those may just need some extra time?

I am using just 2 x 18w floro's to start them up... The colour is cool white 3500k temp or something like that... The fookin seedlings have really stretched alot under these shop lights. It's not a biggie really as I will just x-plant them deep into their new homes when the time comes, but I would like to know if it's down to the colour of the floro's or something else I done??

Most are currently on their 2nd set of true leaves.

Results of the seeds so far -

OG KUSHS1's - 6 germed in shot glass, I killed 1, 1 went crazy and didn't come up. 2 are up but look a lil weak, waiting on 1 more to show through dirt.

AK47 (circa 4 years old)- 5 germed in shot glass, 4 good healthy fast growing seedlings. 1 runt

London memories (circa 4 years old) - 10 germed in shot glass, 9 healthy fast growing seedlings. 1 still runt still hasn't shed shell.

Apart from dropping the floro and damaging stem of 1 of the London Memories (Warlock x Sensi Star) well actually near breaking the stem in half :rolleyes: these 4 year old seeds are blasting along as are the AK's the poor performer thus far are the OG KushS1's hope the 3 I have managed to get to seedling stage end up special. They look pretty weak right now though.

BTW the floro's are usually right above seedlings, just moved em for pics...

Plan to do some crosses of AK47 and OG KushS1's for the bay if I get a good stud from these.

Attachments

• LM's.jpg
    LM's.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 33
  • OG18's.jpg
    OG18's.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 38
  • AK's.jpg
    AK's.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 34
  • stretchy seedlings.jpg
    stretchy seedlings.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 34

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
tag, getting a front seat for this one. sounds like a nice selection to play around with. i think the shop lights just tend to cause seeds to pop like that. cool white is the blue one, you might want to alternate between cool white and warm white. although for vegging it should be ok with just cool white. there again, i'm no expert on t5's. i know that the least stretchy seedlings i popped were the ones done under a blue spectrum 250 watt mh. leaves got big right away and stems stayed relatively short.

all the best for this run, may you have lots of ladies :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hey GM, hope u have lots of popcorn as this might be a long show ;)
Well not too long... They will get another 10 -14 days before getting flipped over to 12/12 With some Cheese clones I finally managed to snag... not like the last lot of supposed blue cheese! Less said about that the better, lol...

Noticed something a lil odd with one of these London Memories the other day, seems one of them is a twin... the twin has some weird ass growth, one cotyledon side facing leaves as apposed to upward. Snapped a few pics... Also grabbed another shop light in case they were wanting a lil mo light with all the stretching. I read the primary causes are heat and being too moist though??

Attachments

• beanz.jpg
    beanz.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 37
  • twin.jpg
    twin.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 33
  • twin-close.jpg
    twin-close.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 33
  • bulb.jpg
    bulb.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 35

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so you plan to flower them quite early? will be fun to see.
you saw how my seedlings took off, they were tinny when i went 12/12.

but i do think it's probably better to flower out clones of the strain for a true view on the quality. but in the end it doesn't matter whether you do a clone first or keep a clone and do the seedling first. are you even planning to keep the genetics?

:wave:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Yeah, those seed u popped went ballistic growth wise. I hope these ones stay a bit shorter... I think the genes are mostly Indica so that should help... I will definitely be keeping the best plants of the bunch, probably by taking some clones when they are a couple weeks into bloom. I want an OG Kush momma and I hear that good a good momma is easy to find from AK47 so hopefully my mediocre 5 beans of AK will bring me something nice. Anything else from other will be a bonus! :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
W'sup John, cheers mate I also hope to get something nice too :)

Although I am now down to 2 fairly healthy OG kush seedlings, these OG Kush seedlings are just very weak and fragile.. The rest of the seeds are doing fine all 10 London memories are good, as are the 5 AK47's.

I got a few pics of the cheese clones that will accompany these seedlings for this grow. They have been vegged for 10 days, 5 of which they were under the 600w, the other 5 days they had 1200w. I have another 600w for the seedlings for a total of 1800w's.

Clones will probably be ready to flower in 5-7 days and beans should be about a week behind that at most! :D

Done some shopping on the weekend, picked up some H&G root Excelurator from the hydro store... getting rave reviews and supposedly better than canna's rhizotonic... we'll see about that

Attachments

• day10 airial cheese clone.jpg
    day10 airial cheese clone.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 057
    Picture 057
    73.9 KB · Views: 50
  • cheese clones.jpg
    cheese clones.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Excelurator:Terra.jpg
    Excelurator:Terra.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 33

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah been reading a lot of good things about the house and garden line, apparently their product aqua flakes is supposed to be de bomb for recirculating coco systems. i just wish they would sell that stuff over here, as i'd love to try it.

shame about the og kush seedlings that didn't make it, glad to hear you will still have plenty of kush to play with come harvest :)

looking good bro

:wave:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Also grabbed some mycorrhizal fungi (rootgrow) and seaweed growth supplement.

The myco is pretty cool shit here's a little blurb on it:

Better nutrient uptake

These fungi are so much thinner and finer than the plant's own roots they can therefore find nutrients in the soil far more efficiently that the plant's own course roots. They are especially good at finding nutrients responsible for flowering and fruiting such as Phosphorous and Potassium. As they can explore a much greater amount of soil than the plant's own roots they are also far more likely to find trace elements and the rare nutrients that all plants need to grow well.

Drought tolerance

Mycorrhizal fungi are an essential part of a plants ability to combat drought. Leaves and stems have developed mechanisms to combat drought such as silver leaves, waxy leaves and hairy leaves but these adaptations on their own aren’t enough if the plant doesn’t have its friendly fungal partner on its roots.

Mycorrhizal fungi hold onto water in soils like a sponge.

Mycorrhizal inoculated plants are often more resistant to diseases, such as those caused by microbial soil-borne pathogens

Says on the pack that it takes 4 weeks for fungi to establish themselves and provide this secondary root system. A little late in application but I reckon it'll get teh job done all the same as the roots keep growing for a while into bloom right?

The seaweed extract will be used into the 1st week of bloom then cut out, added for extra vitality disease resistance and stress tolerance.

They may well need that stress tolerance if I fook anything up, lol... I hope not to :D

Hey gm, missed your post there bro. I think the OG18 is rated better than the OG Kush from what I have read so I am happy they have managed to pull through... will be watching them close for hermies being S1's/ Fems n all!

Thanks for poppin in :)

Attachments

• seweed:rootgrow.jpg
    seweed:rootgrow.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 36

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sounds like a great product to me, specially if you reuse the coco it will already be established. i did read about something very similar made by canna on their site, maybe even the same stuff lol.

Looks like the grow gods are on your side so far :)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
It does sound good, ay GM... Canna have Trichoderma Fungi which also play a very similar role to the mycorrihzal fungi I bought.

I know canna adds this to their coco prior to shipping, and also sell the small Trichoderma tub you spoke of. I was using the Trichoderma on my last grow to top up the Trichoderma already present in the coco.

I see alot of folks with nice root systems with all the small web type rooting when using such products - Advanced nutrients also have Pirhana & Tarantula which contain both Myco & tricho fungi.

I forgot to add the seaweed has growth hormones (auxins, gibberlins and cytokinins) which should give the plants a good kick up the ass into quick growth. I feed them all a mix of-

2.5ml per 10L (half strength) Canna Terra
20ml per 10L Seaweed extract
3ml per 10L Root Excelurator - that's full strength, lol! Stuff goes a long way!
4 drops of Nilnat bti (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) fungas gnat larvae killer.

This grow I am using compost... H&G Batmix to be specific, I was given a few bags of it for free.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nice comprehensive feeding program you got there. nice idea adding the bti stuff as a preventive. strangely enough i didn't have hardly any fungus gnats in the last runs, had enough other problems lol. but the gnats have not been a problem with this batch of coco slabs.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
A lil too comprehensive, lmao! :D A few of the plants have got that curl when they are overferted but haven't shown any burn... u know that claw type leaf thing?? Anyway, I feel like a noob using compost again... never really did many compost grows before deciding hydro then coco was the way forward for me...

Ah well, learning curve again I suppose... Basically I shouldn't have added the Canna Terra Veg to the mix above, as from what I have since read young clones in pre-ferted compost are better feed once with ferts then once with plain water till nutes in compost have run out.

The compost holds nutes for about 2 weeks worth of growth after small clone is transplanted into it. They looked a bit yellow so gave some Terra veg last week, and forgot to lay off it. Lucky I caught it early and they were due a watering so they have had a good flush with water & 4ml per L rhizotonic for the wee bit of stress.

Lesson learned :D

Seems the clones liked the other part of the diet though -seaweed n' root excelurator though, they've had a wee growth spurt now most are between 6-9" high. Xplant into 6.5L pots tomorrow (couple days later than I would have liked). I'll let the biggest ones get to about 12" and others 10" then flip em to bloom. Few days I suspect, maybe sat/sun.

Attachments

• Day13 veg.jpg
    Day13 veg.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Day13veg..jpg
    Day13veg..jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 32
  • BB CLOSE.jpg
    BB CLOSE.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 34
  • AIRIAL BB..jpg
    AIRIAL BB..jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 30

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
The beans are also doing OK apart from falling all over the place, lol... I been a lazy so & so when it comes to the beans... as u can probably see. Ear buds & box tape to prop em up :D how ghetto is that :D:D

Attachments

• beans12days..jpg
    beans12days..jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 32
  • OG KUSH18 (13days).jpg
    OG KUSH18 (13days).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Latest posts