What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Deth, Big Sur Holy Weed... Elite as FUck

Charles-scott

Veteran
I brought a pack off of you years ago. I had one female and one Male. The only thing I remember is that it produced HUGE colas on a relative small plant. Lemony terps if I remember correctly. I halve a big bag of seed I made. Might need some GA3 to bring them back to life.......is it worth it? How good is this strain,?

You grew out the strain and ask me how it was ? There is variation in the BSHW I would imagine Chimera got the seeds he used from c-ray I am guessing , I was one of the few who had the strain and I paid a lot to get it , why would you produce a huge bag of seeds if you didn't think it was really good ? I would suggest that with the diversity within BSHW that you would want to Open Pollinate 50 Plants Minimal .

I am working in St Vincent with unlimited Plant count I just did a test germination on the BSHW and will likely see how they perform , One of the reasons I have never been personally attracted to BSHW was simply because Moyie Blackseed is such a great Mexican IBL with a true historical Canadian twist , the Smoke is more Similar than not I am growing The Black seeds f-8 now I wil try to remember to post some pics here , It was a Mexican most Likely from Oaxaca this is a very old strain and was hybridized around 1980 -1983 with what we think is called Amstel Gold it was outcrossed once as a small number of seeds were brought back from Denmark to Canada the following years they achieved some of the Highest quality outdoor Cannabis anyone had seen in Canada at that time Later Kootnay Green and Kootnay Gold were bred out of the Moyie black seed.
The Moyie Black seed was the first seeds I ever sold along with Kodiak Gold and later Kootnay Gold and Green .

. Read what Bhodi Says here at the end of his description my seeds Came directly from Danbo , I Just asked a friend who last grew these Been some time for me , he said if you got a big heavy flowered Lemon smelling Plant he said the Afghani Pheno about 1/10 Female produces a Huge Cola with a more Lemon Scent .

Big Sur Holy Bud is a mostly sativa variety from Bodhi Seeds and can be cultivated indoors and outdoors. Bodhi Seeds' Big Sur Holy Bud is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.
Bodhi Seeds' Big Sur Holy Bud Description
Logo Bodhi Seeds Bodhi Seeds Big Sur Holy Bud These were a special gift to a well connected friend from an old grower in big sur, she gave them to me because she knew that i loved seeds, and would do them right. Can i 100% verify this is the original undiluted or unhybridized big sur holy weed line from perry the monk, no can do, but what i can say is this is unique, oldschool, mind ablaze green fire time capsule weed from the big sur mountains. Everybody that has tried this line has fallin in love with it.

The plants do great indoors and out and can get quite big. It has genetically purple phenos, pink pistilled phenos, a less common sativa pheno, and loads of hybrid phenos, smells range from soggy bread to blueberry menthol, it seems to be a afghani mexican hybrid masterfully bred towards the sativa high and the indica frame. The true magic of this strain is the amazing sublime sativa high, a beautiful blast from the past

This seed run was an open pollination of 4 males and 6 females, not alot, but enough to get the job done... A small population open pollination in a tent means your going to mostly the beans made from the first two males that opened.... The super quick sativa pheno male... And the fat indica dom male...

This line is called big sur holy bud to differentiate it from the big sur holy weed lines by hhf, danbo, and reeferman. Everybody that has tried this line has fallin in love with it. Im really happy to gift this back to the community. Very limited, only 30 packs, then its up to you to make more!

Last edited:

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Got a couple packs of BSHW from Lemonhoko, which is based off Reef/danbo stock.

Think it's time I put a pack in for a soak.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Got a couple packs of BSHW from Lemonhoko, which is based off Reef/danbo stock.

Think it's time I put a pack in for a soak.

Well? Did you give 'em a go?

This February will be five years since I placed my order for BSHW. Found eleven seeds in my pack of ten, two of which, one especially, looked to be immature. Four popped within 36hrs and four more within 48hrs. No sign of life from the remaining three although they are still in paper towels. Of the eight, six have broken ground and I can see the last two on the verge. Fingers crossed for all eight to pull through!

picture.php

Happy healthy 2021 to all!

Breadwizard

Good to see people popping some Big Sur lines! I've been gifted a few seeds of a BSHW/BSHB cross, combining the Bodhi and Coastal lines, I'll be popping them this summer with some Zacatecas Tribute seeds (BSHW x Oaxacan 79 skull) to hopefully open up the pool a bit, definitely looking forward to updates, Shmavis!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a three-way hybrid going @ the moment from MAHA KALA “it is 3 way hybrid of bangi haze, riri diesel and big sur hollyweed”
picture.php
picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Neat hybrid there! Hope you keep the ICmag posted on that one

Wonder if there’s gonna be a lot of variation

Laughing out loud ... they said “Big Sur Holy Weed” , and I responded ... hee hee ... Who knows what I’ll find:)?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Good to see people popping some Big Sur lines! I've been gifted a few seeds of a BSHW/BSHB cross, combining the Bodhi and Coastal lines, I'll be popping them this summer with some Zacatecas Tribute seeds (BSHW x Oaxacan 79 skull) to hopefully open up the pool a bit, definitely looking forward to updates, Shmavis!

Please do share how you get on with your upcoming summer project! Very kind of someone to share those beans - and good on them for combining the lines. Sounds like a great plan you’ve got there. Speaking of kindness, I too now have a pack of Z-Tribute. A friend from here who’s in the UK allowed me to ship to him and then he forwarded them on to me. Seriously, how cool is that?!? (Made me rethink my membership here.) I almost popped five of the Z-Tributes but am afraid I would find a male or two that I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to whack. :) And other than the males from these seeds, I don’t want any others around.

I will update once they’re sexed. All eight are now above ground. :yes:

need4weed

Veteran
You grew out the strain and ask me how it was ? There is variation in the BSHW I would imagine Chimera got the seeds he used from c-ray I am guessing , I was one of the few who had the strain and I paid a lot to get it , why would you produce a huge bag of seeds if you didn't think it was really good ? I would suggest that with the diversity within BSHW that you would want to Open Pollinate 50 Plants Minimal .

I am working in St Vincent with unlimited Plant count I just did a test germination on the BSHW and will likely see how they perform , One of the reasons I have never been personally attracted to BSHW was simply because Moyie Blackseed is such a great Mexican IBL with a true historical Canadian twist , the Smoke is more Similar than not I am growing The Black seeds f-8 now I wil try to remember to post some pics here , It was a Mexican most Likely from Oaxaca this is a very old strain and was hybridized around 1980 -1983 with what we think is called Amstel Gold it was outcrossed once as a small number of seeds were brought back from Denmark to Canada the following years they achieved some of the Highest quality outdoor Cannabis anyone had seen in Canada at that time Later Kootnay Green and Kootnay Gold were bred out of the Moyie black seed.
The Moyie Black seed was the first seeds I ever sold along with Kodiak Gold and later Kootnay Gold and Green .

. Read what Bhodi Says here at the end of his description my seeds Came directly from Danbo , I Just asked a friend who last grew these Been some time for me , he said if you got a big heavy flowered Lemon smelling Plant he said the Afghani Pheno about 1/10 Female produces a Huge Cola with a more Lemon Scent .

Big Sur Holy Bud is a mostly sativa variety from Bodhi Seeds and can be cultivated indoors and outdoors. Bodhi Seeds' Big Sur Holy Bud is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.
Bodhi Seeds' Big Sur Holy Bud Description
Logo Bodhi Seeds Bodhi Seeds Big Sur Holy Bud These were a special gift to a well connected friend from an old grower in big sur, she gave them to me because she knew that i loved seeds, and would do them right. Can i 100% verify this is the original undiluted or unhybridized big sur holy weed line from perry the monk, no can do, but what i can say is this is unique, oldschool, mind ablaze green fire time capsule weed from the big sur mountains. Everybody that has tried this line has fallin in love with it.

The plants do great indoors and out and can get quite big. It has genetically purple phenos, pink pistilled phenos, a less common sativa pheno, and loads of hybrid phenos, smells range from soggy bread to blueberry menthol, it seems to be a afghani mexican hybrid masterfully bred towards the sativa high and the indica frame. The true magic of this strain is the amazing sublime sativa high, a beautiful blast from the past

This seed run was an open pollination of 4 males and 6 females, not alot, but enough to get the job done... A small population open pollination in a tent means your going to mostly the beans made from the first two males that opened.... The super quick sativa pheno male... And the fat indica dom male...

This line is called big sur holy bud to differentiate it from the big sur holy weed lines by hhf, danbo, and reeferman. Everybody that has tried this line has fallin in love with it. Im really happy to gift this back to the community. Very limited, only 30 packs, then its up to you to make more!

Thanks for your response Charles. The reason I asked for more info, is because at the time I had grown several other varieties at the same time. I smoked some but not all strains. Bshw was one that got sold on without testing. I have a habit of pollinating lower buds to maintain seed stock incase I wish to explore a line further down the track. Those seeds went into my stash and were forgotten about

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Well? Did you give 'em a go?

I did. Working through a pack right now. Interesting plants and we are only in veg. Two distinct groupings based on structure with a couple randoms mixed in.

Easy to feed, good growth rates. I haven’t topped or pruned them in any way to see how they grow on their own and generally the structure has been good across the board. A pleasant surprise. They will be treated differently from clone so we’ll see how they respond to a little stress and punishment. :biggrin:

This first run has been mostly for observation and selecting males in order to repro the line and make some hybrids. So far so good.

BlackBart

Veteran
I went through my seed stash and found a pack of Double Deth I have no idea what the genetic makeup of it is . Has anyone ever heard of it ?

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Santa Cruz Mtn’s / Arroyo Seco / Big Sur region’s ....sativa growers paradise.....

BSHW......brings back good memories.....70’s....coastal range grown unadulterated sativa lines.....extreme rush into a blissful ride.......it’s the high that’s missing from today’s hyb’s.....no sedation.........

ganj on......

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I did. Working through a pack right now. Interesting plants and we are only in veg. Two distinct groupings based on structure with a couple randoms mixed in.

Easy to feed, good growth rates. I haven’t topped or pruned them in any way to see how they grow on their own and generally the structure has been good across the board. A pleasant surprise. They will be treated differently from clone so we’ll see how they respond to a little stress and punishment. :biggrin:

This first run has been mostly for observation and selecting males in order to repro the line and make some hybrids. So far so good.

Info and your experience thus far is much appreciated. Could you please speak to stretch? (Assuming they've started flowering by now.) Mine are coming along nicely but I am curious as to how much stretch I might find. Also, did you experience more of a broad-leaf look that they eventually grew out of? I ask because Bob twice mentions this as a trait of BSHW.

The BSHW is all Sativa in the High but the blade width to start looks as though there is some Indica in the mix somewhere.High is all third eye/crown of the head. absolutely no body at all.

Just growing out 50 Blue Visions at the moment looking for a Vision pheno

I must know you from the old days Highlight.

The only lore I trust is the Monk Perry growing purple Zacatecas in Big Sur.Weather it has Columbian or Afgani in it is anecdotal.But the leaf blades of the "Trip" at start were way more indica than pure Sativa.But some pure Mexican I have exhibits the same start to the plant.

The BSHW was all about the HIGH......I sure miss it.I'll have to look through my Trippy vision seeds.

I will be potting up the seedlings tomorrow to start vegging to sex. As of now I only have two that I have a slight indication of possible sex. I *think* my current favorite is a girl. Here's the seedlings three days ago:

picture.php

I have one squat outlier there in the front row and that's not a trick of the light with the one in the center, back row - it's a much lighter shade of green than the rest and the picture really doesn't do the difference justice. Have had my eye on this one from early on:

picture.php

I am seeing similarities in leaf formation to a cut of S.A.G.E. that is now flowering around three weeks. Interestingly she does start off with fatter blades that have narrowed with growth and time.

picture.php

Really looking forward to seeing how these plants perform.

Breadwizard

Looking great Shmavis!

I just started soaking my BSHW/BSHB seeds on the full moon a few days ago and got them in paper towels now. I've only got a few so I'm starting them now as a head start for this summer, where I'm going to pop my Zacatecas Tribute seeds, as well as possibly some SAGE. Going to be a holy year!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks Breadwizard; and all hail the year of the HOLY! :D

I should have taken heed of the anemic state of the one seedling as a symptom of a greater problem instead of a singular expression... that baby is now known as #5 and is still the most finicky/sensitive of the group.

By day three following transplant all plants were clearly stalled and making clear their unhappiness. They were transplanted into the exact same soil mix, which I found to be too acidic, but under the MH lighting the issue was magnified. Moved them farther from the light and worked in a 1/2 tsp of lime and lightly watered in. By the end of the week they were rebounding nicely. (Kindly ending my few days of panic, lol.)

1 week from transplant:

picture.php
picture.php

Would have preferred a more balanced M:F ratio but it's 1:7. The plant that caught my eye early on is a girl. She along with #7 were the last to show sex. Cuts from all were taken today and they were cleaned up. I am still debating with myself whether #7 will get a spot in the flower room. They will get flipped tomorrow, so I need to make up my mind soon... The big surprise has been the girl I labeled as #2. Should know better but made the mistake of thinking it a boy due to the vigorous tall growth. But she was one of the first to show and overall just seems promising - we'll see.

Group, 2wks from transplant:

picture.php

The lucky dude:

picture.php

Great weekend to all!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I was finally able to upload some pics to update here but cannot access the folder they're in. Going to test whether I can upload directly into the post now, as I wasn't able before to do that either...

Pollen harvest, day 20:

Attachments

• photo2026443.jpg
    photo2026443.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2026444.jpg
    photo2026444.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 45
  • photo2026445.jpg
    photo2026445.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 88

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
In my opinion the BSHW is another pure Afghan line from the hippies vibration, surely Mazari style, and then renamed as always, show off blablabla Mex crossed and so on, pure American style.

Breadwizard

Looking great! Mine are just barely above soil, the first to sprout is at 4 nodes. The strangest thing I got was a blind seedling, just the first set of true leaves with no growth tip. I have it transplanted into my mutant storage, to see if it eventually ends up growing more, but I think it's just going to stay that way.