What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Deth, Big Sur Holy Weed... Elite as FUck

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
anybody growing these central coast legends? anybody have info on either of these strains? I read a few of Sam Skunkman's posts about the BSHW being a mexican landrace..

what about the Deth? that stuff is sum of the best bud ive ever smoked

i'm just reminiscing... help me out here

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i got sum deth seeds, wanna trade.
51wojUJ0%2BtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

(the above post is purely fictional,satirical and not ment as a solicitation or request

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
the number one stain on my "must have" list is a BigSurHolyWeed cross :joint:

ArcticBlast

i think thseeds s.a.g.e. is a big sur holy weed cross. if i remember correct but who knows whats true or false regarding cannabis strains its mostly conjecture. look at all the retarded og chem and kush debates that go on for pages lol.

JOJO420

Veteran
one outa two aint bad

one outa two aint bad

I have the Big Sur Holy in seed :) Never heard of Deth. The BSHW is one of my prized possessions. I can understand how people would want it. Its the Chronic.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
The Purple Zacatecus was crossed with Mazar I Sharif. To get the Big Sur Holy Weed. I don't know of any BSHW seeds available anywhere. Vermontman of Green Mountain Seeds gifted me a pack of his Purple Oaxaca x BSHW as testers.

They will get my utmost respect and attention. Since I have not heard anything from Vermontman in several months. I'm doing an open pollination with the seeds I have. It's to rare of an offering not to be preserved.
I hope all is well with Vermontman. To the best of my knowledge. These seeds I have are f'1s. All of my notes will start at this point until I learn otherwise from Vermontman himself.
Peace. farmerlion

Vermontman Holy Weed ? VHW, will be used in reference to this production run.

Last edited:

OregonBorn

BSHW is a Zacatecas Purple outcross, i dont remember the other line used in the cross.

CBF

The name BSHW was coined by Jerry Kamstra. It was pure Zacatecas Purple sativa landrace. Giant plants with all purple colas. There was one local BSHW cross called SAGE (Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium I think it was) bred in that area that was an Afghani x Zac Purple hybrid. What most people have out there now and are calling BSHW is really SAGE, or some other local early cross of Zac Purple. As for who brought Zac Purple to Big Sur and when is anyone's guess. One claim is that a guy maned Danebo brought it back to Lucia. Another is that Perry the Monk got ahold of it and grew it at the local monastery. More likley it was just another strain of many loads of Mexican weed that moved through Big Sur. Someone planted some seeds of it there, and grew it locally for maybe a decade or so. In the late 60's and early 70s most local grown weed in Monterey and Santa Cruz County was from landrace bag weed seeds. Hybrids were not very common until the later 70s when skunk and other local hybrids appeared.

Last edited:

Breadwizard

I too have gotten ahold of the BSHW x Oaxaca cross from vermontman, after searching for the straight BSHW for a while. Coastal seeds had a BSHW release awhile ago, but I missed the window for them. I'm from near Big Sur, and love Mexican weed, so a Mexican based line that was acclimatized to the coastal mountains of the central coast ticks quite a few of my boxes.

There's been a few other BSHW crosses I've looked for but missed, such as the "Mexican hot chocolate" that is BSHW x Chocolate Thai. Still want that one...

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Breadwizard, what flowering characteristics did you observe? I assume you grew it outside. Do you recall flowering onset and finish dates? Type of high , bud structure. Thanks for any and all information. Synthetic or organic nutrients? Ok , I'm done with a thousand questions.
Peace brother

X

xavier7995

Hmmm, hope vman is alright, it has been a while since I saw a post. He had some amazing genetics and seemed like a cool fellow. His bshw caught my attention but I missed that it got a release.