What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I didnt know where to put this so feel free to move it if you have to. This thread is intended for pictures and information on the DEATH STAR. It recently had a spread in high times, and after growing it, i feel it deserves its own thread here. I was gifted this strain by a friend who is an excellent grower and well connected as far as good strains go. As far as i know, it is a cross of a female sensi star forced to make pollen x female ECSD. Not 100% sure tho. Sorry, i will find all of this out and post it correctly, as i hate misinformation.

I have grown this side by side with the ecsd, and it smells ALMOST identical. The death star has more of a DANK SKUNK SUPER DIESEL smell more like a rubber factory, and the ecsd has more of a citrusy lighter undertone while still smelling of dank diesel. The death star will turn purple wayy before the ecsd. As far as the yield department... The death star is much shorter and bushier stature than the ecsd, and it also has long, semi-thin, sativa-like leaves which are ususally dark and a bit oily looking, kind of like bubba, but not as intense as bubba. I actually get the same taste from the death star trim when i eat pieces of it, as i do from the bubba. I call it the taste of kush lol! It just lingers in your nose and mouth forever when you eat the small fine trim or calyxes.

Well feel free to post your pics,yields,feed schedules ect.. of all your death star info. Heres some pics of mine.

Edit: dec 2014- changed pics.

Last edited:

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Whoaaa!! 50 views no posts? This is an ohio native strain, but im sure it has gotten out to some of you...please post your experiences

I live in NE OH and have been able to get the smoke recently but not the cut. Well, I havent really tried. I'm two people away from the producer, and it will be hard to get them to try to get it. congrats on having her in your stable. I have a few sd hybrids to try out and maybe find something special

TNJed

Here's a couple pix of my Death Star mother. It's gonna be a couple months before I can get you bud shots, unless I can find some on my hard drive that I've forgotten about.

downsized_0209000841a.jpg

downsized_0209000840.jpg

Here's some Jilly Bean Buds....

downsized_1209092249.jpg

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
sweet, i'm tagged :joint: i've been asking around about this strain for a bit!

ArcticBlast

iSmokeTrees

No offense but if it originates from Ohio it is probably disgusting, everything that comes out of Ohio is trash. Oh ya and MGoBlue.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
No offense but if it originates from Ohio it is probably disgusting, everything that comes out of Ohio is trash. Oh ya and MGoBlue.

Um excuse me? Actually, ohio has some of the best weed around. I have lived several places round the states and everyone always comments on the quality of the weed in ohio. You must have never visited, or had a bad sample of newbs crap. Please dont troll my thread thx. This isnt a place to debate whether ohio strains are good or not.

fireman

Wow death star is an ohio strain? I thought High times said it was a a Colorado strain? Honestly i could have just been blazed silly!! Albeit high times is usually wrong about half the shit they say, but of course i still buy them every month.

I would love to taste some of that for sure. I used to have a boy who could get nasty good oil from ohio. And he always had bomb as buds for sure the man was from ohio so i dunno about the entire state having nothing.

Would love to get my hands on this strain, but gotta say im shocked to see mostly southerners posting saying they have the cut. Definitely didnt expect tnjed to be posting!!!

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Im sure this is an ohio bred strain, as well as their bubblestar, and gunk. These people dont just hand out their strains to anybody. I know they have kept a VERY strong hold on their prized ecsd clone for quite some time. The breeders are not based out of ohio anymore tho. They have moved to warmer and friendlier waters.

Herbalremedy

Gorgeous plant there mate! I haven't had the pleasure to try it yet, but friends say it's some supreme smoke. Did you get a feel for the tolerance it produces? I wouldn't be surprised if one's tolerance remained steady if it's so potent. I'm sure with a little bit of effort and time you will be able to produce a real winner!

And for the record to those above, there are many super fine cannabis strains that have originated in ohio. Making such comments about the quality in these parts does nothing more than accentuate your inferior, subservient intelligence.

As far as tolerance goes I myself didn't build up a tolerance to it and I'm a heavy medicator and get strain locked pretty easy. It was also my favorite smoke to pull out when I had it around, and I usually have 8+ strains to chose from to smoke at any given time. I'm definately excited to throw some more death stars into flower this weekend and sex them (don't mind if I got some males). I was lucky and found a seed in a bud of death star I got at a dispensary and it grew out female and I had a male southern lights which is ecsd and sensi star crossed so it's the same genetics...
I have a few strains I'd love to cross this with and backcross and see what comes out, like buddah's sister and ak-47.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Um excuse me? Actually, ohio has some of the best weed around. I have lived several places round the states and everyone always comments on the quality of the weed in ohio. You must have never visited, or had a bad sample of newbs crap. Please dont troll my thread thx. This isnt a place to debate whether ohio strains are good or not.

He's just fucking with you because he's a Wolverine fan, I wouldn't take it personal, lol....

GO BLUE!!!!

Trichromedout

Recovering Seed Whore
ICMag Donor

Go figure a Michigan fan. Don't let your male machismo get in the way of your better weed judgement. Due to Ohio's decriminalized laws it has become quite the hotbed for the "grassroots movement". How many states do you know where a 100grams is a $100 fine? :biggrin:

J

joebuddy420

Deathstar pic

Deathstar pic

Here is some Deathstar as well as some others I have saved over the past couple months. Yeah, we've had it in OH for quite some time now. Smells like straight skunky diesel fuel.
Deathstar
Black Domina
Bubba Kush Sour Bubble x Blueberry Cherry Pez Dumpster Lemon G x Durga Mata Kushman's Strawberry Cough Zombie Virus G-Mac (G13 x Mikado) Candy

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Nice, ill take the cough, dump, and the candy please. Havent grown those out in a looong ass time. Do you hold parent stock, or are u just a smoker?