What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazy History; of Surfers & The Brotherhood of Eternal Love

dustin27

Veteran
Sorry I missed that one, could have learned alot. I was really thinking bout this and realized that I dont need to pine for the past, I already have alot of the same values and live my life in similar ways already. I got my own adventure going on.

wemary

good read, glad I read it. Very interesting as well. :)
Interested in the old and maybe lost strains also.

russkya

surfig and skatring culture

surfig and skatring culture

hey im from central asia in 91 i got go west no money i met skateboarders and surfers all i had was afghani seeds i got go from ny to california downto mexico hidden port met guys from hawaii and living in indo changed me life very nice people an they no thier weed now am in sur america from some of the first people i met the ocean is very mystic place have gerd stories of old californias living in hawaii getting in trouble in the sixties from smuggling some off the best weed i hav seen was from an old santa cruz grower living in mexico i have very old friend who as growing apple buds in the east coast gates county in the seventies north carolina these guys were living in mexico all during the 70 xz some com e snow boarding in kazakistan very nice people we have spade and it is ibl for thirty years we make sollection evry year some of the apple buds still growing in gates are older down in latecla indian reservation they been growin thiers strains for generations afghani too balk providence thier still growing thier grand fathers seeds oh yea his name was john

russkya

can you please explain me i lived in mexico thailand cambodia and columbia first qestion the best columbians i am growing i collected in corrintinia south columbia i have a low land thai were we grew 50 kilos in sumbawa spent 3 years collecting all asian seeds grew them out on eqator sumbawa spent 5 years in mexico from jalisco to chiaappas have spent 3 years in columbia here the best highland strains are from the south of the ccountry what i wont to no is i have original haze seeds from amsterdam alot of the southern columbian three way crosses blow em awy they are growers from the 70z first problem is original haze seeds we take to high alltitudes germ 150 ,,5 to ten grow secound problem out of the 10 7 hermie we paid big bucks for this seeds as of columbian three ways pay one dollar 100 seedsw 90 percent germinate no herm ies and produce stronger marijuana tested by some chemist then original hazes in columbia they all tell me purple corrinto is the finest not the strongest the finest i grow 100s of the fox tails the santa marta golds with the `purple bracts i have some very oldschool lowland blacks and about 30 different punta rojas and some very nice mangas i was told the corrintina lines were used for the original purple hazes is this true i think here there is a very difference in potency to alltitude of the plantaions same seeds the best smoke we have seen is a burmeese nepalees x haze cross grown in corrintinia highlands

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I recently popped some 20 year old seeds that were in a freezer just as long. 1 drop of liquid seaweed extract to 1/4 cup distilled water @ 80 degrees for 24 hrs...popped!

Old stuff of mentioned origin...that's all I'm going to say here. Bagseed......yep.

Clive

Does anyone have info other than what i read on google about a guy called Ronald Hadley Stark ? this guy seems to play a massive role in the history of the Brotherhood but i cant find much more on him.

window

Veteran
Does anyone have info other than what i read on google about a guy called Ronald Hadley Stark ? this guy seems to play a massive role in the history of the Brotherhood but i cant find much more on him.

Clive , look for the book, Acid, the secret history of LSD, a pivotal role in the book is about the shadowy Ron Stark.

Clive

Clive , look for the book, Acid, the secret history of LSD, a pivotal role in the book is about the shadowy Ron Stark.

Thanks man i order that soon. The guy seems more interesting than Howard Marks and thats saying something lol. Mystery really is the greatest allure.

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
“The Sunshine Makers”

“The Sunshine Makers”

Interesting documentary.........

There are many drugs to choose from if you just want to get high, but for proponents of LSD, particularly in the 1960s, they believed the chemical concoction could expand your mind and even save the world. And the upcoming documentary “The Sunshine Makers” tells the story of two men devoted to the cause.

From the team behind “Searching For Sugar Man” and “Man On Wire,” director Cosmo Feilding Mellen (the son of noted LSD advocate Amanda Feilding) weaves together the story of Nick Sand and Berkeley science nerd Tim Scully, a pair of self-proclaimed psychedelic outlaws who took on the dangerous and ultimately illegal task of “turning on” the world, one trip at a time. With the feds hot on their tails, they manufactured industrial quantities of hallucinogenics and became two of the biggest drug dealers in US history. And in the clip below, you can check out the conditions of their “lab,” which perhaps wasn’t the most scientifically rigorous.

“The Sunshine Makers” screens this week at DOC NYC where it will be making its World Premiere. Watch below.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...with-a-clip-from-the-sunshine-makers-20151116

window

Veteran
If you have a phone or device that begins with A, you can read Mike Hynson's book, " trancendental memories of a surfer rebel" real cheap.
The first half of the book is more about surfing and Hynson's early life but the second half explains how he met Johnny Griggs and got involved with the brotherhood, a good read.

Cerebralfluid

I am family with several of the original membersof the brotherhood. Padilla and ackerly are liars. A documentary came out called orange sunshine was at the film festivals its for sale on itunes tells the real story of the brotherhood

Peace, fluid

window

Veteran
Hi Fluid, could you explain more about Padilla and Ackerlys lies?
I read a quote from Travis Ashbrook that said something like ' if you didn't trip with John, you were not brotherhood '.
I've seen the documentary you mentioned, I was surprised by Rick Bevan saying that when the indictment came out, he didn't know half the people on the wanted poster.
I suppose that you could sum it up as, if you weren't part of the Modjeska ' church ', you were not really brotherhood.
Thanks

Cerebralfluid

Hi there, first off, ackerly has a facebook group for the BEL, he was never a member, i dont recall exactly what it was that ackerly takes credit for but i guaruntee you he was never involved. My grandfather is one of the smugglers you mentioned, (travis) he has told me many a time that he never even met robert ackerly until the early 2000's. He and padilla both take a lot of credit for my grandfather's work in hash/herb smuggling. For instance padilla claims to have been the owner of the afje (the historic pirate ship my grandfather used to move loads between mexico and the states. Do not trust anything you read on the brotherhood of eternal love weebly website. I believe eddie padilla was the younger brother of a lesser member of the brotherhood. He did not put in work for the BEL. He did not escape from lurigancho prison as he claims either, in fact i dont believe anyone ever has, he got caught moving some coke (not related to BEL) and locked up in lurigancho, he walked off a transfer camp/work camp while being transferred to a different prison. He did not go "over the wall" as he claims

Thanks, fluid

Latest posts

Latest posts