What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazy History; of Surfers & The Brotherhood of Eternal Love

Buddle

Veteran
Yeah very cool...Whats really cool is remembering those buds being around..YUM!!

This is a really good book. I also recommend The Harvard Psychedelic Club. It's about Leary and Alpert at how they were experimenting with mushrooms and LSD and got booted from Harvard and moved to upstate NY to continue their experiments.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do tell, brother, do tell! :D

Maybe Shiva's Chela could be the source?

Love to hear some details!

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
cheetah club venice

cheetah club venice

Do tell, brother, do tell! :D

Maybe Shiva's Chela could be the source?

Love to hear some details!

i was born in So Ca from haight ash monterey pop brotherhood parents....

i guess you could say my pops uncle and few others were brotherhood vendors lol
my pops didnt do any importing those were his buddies
i ask my mom about it here and there and she always mentions all the afghani rugs in the laguna houses , And how they were really protective of there wives lol somethings never change i guess

i just remember growing up seeing piles and piles of tweeds..
And massive amounts of oval cloth wrapped shish with gold stamps
and i remember some tweeds wrapped in corn husks from pygmies in africa , i think it was chompa something like that DJ Short was talking about it... my pops used to call it turds lol

i used to pinch little pieces here and there and take them to my older cousin he would gimmie money id go sawp meet buy a mini bike or bb gun or something and tell my parents i found a wallet lol
i must have found 100 wallets when i was a kid LOL

amrad

i was born in So Ca from haight ash monterey pop brotherhood parents....

i guess you could say my pops uncle and few others were brotherhood vendors lol
my pops didnt do any importing those were his buddies
i ask my mom about it here and there and she always mentions all the afghani rugs in the laguna houses , And how they were really protective of there wives lol somethings never change i guess

i just remember growing up seeing piles and piles of tweeds..
And massive amounts of oval cloth wrapped shish with gold stamps
and i remember some tweeds wrapped in corn husks from pygmies in africa , i think it was chompa something like that DJ Short was talking about it... my pops used to call it turds lol

i used to pinch little pieces here and there and take them to my older cousin he would gimmie money id go sawp meet buy a mini bike or bb gun or something and tell my parents i found a wallet lol
i must have found 100 wallets when i was a kid LOL

Thats just too cute. I'v got grandsons that would do that shit. LOL

Classic Seeds

Veteran
hi highlighter i am one of those old surfers who saved the imports and the good breeding from 1964 on to the present day if you want to see some of the old strains growing from our sea circle check out CLS seeds or classic seeds on seed bay .the brotherhood had a loose confederation of people from all ends of the spectrum.hash and pot were the primary driving force behind it till acid and you can see the splintering of the brotherhood after that as people moved to coke and asian herion

there were so many little clicks with in it and most people who were not vocal or standing out there with a kick me sign got on just fine in the end .all the traveling was done on fake pass ports and weed came from the 4 corners of this planet .there was a lot more going on than anybody with any sense will ever talk about in any public forum.the air force for instance has never been revealed or the navy and it never will be it was not all hippys smuggling in cars and motor homes .

blue power was a state of mind fueled by the eternal sea and the love of it and the need to be in it every second that you were awake .there were plenty of people in it who never surfed it was like a onion with layers after layers and at the core was the dream of spiritual knowledge and great personal wealth to fund the dream of total freedom in this life no one person knows the whole story all they know is their involvement many people never even met in person all that was known was the product . aloha CLS

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:thank you: both Hrpuffnkush & Classic Seeds, for adding to the story for us!
Always wondered about the Classic Seed offerings, thank for your compelling input, CLS!

Like that onion layer revealed, recollections like yours may spur on further remembrances from others.
This thread is not just an exploration in counter-culture history, but a reminder that there is a great spiritual aspect to the plant we love, that allows out souls to sing & soar.
While LSD opens the 'door' for many, pot allows us to look thru that 'window' if we so desire.
That 'blue power', the sea & the sky, invoked thru the receptors canna channels, this is what makes the heart sing!
A feeling of being closer to 'home'.
It's a journey for us all, may your paths end in well-being. :ying:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
hi highlighter i am one of those old surfers who saved the imports and the good breeding from 1964 on to the present day if you want to see some of the old strains growing from our sea circle check out CLS seeds or classic seeds on seed bay .the brotherhood had a loose confederation of people from all ends of the spectrum.hash and pot were the primary driving force behind it till acid and you can see the splintering of the brotherhood after that as people moved to coke and asian herion CLS

I saw you were selling HGF Haze, what is it? Where is it from? Home Grown Fantaseeds?
Can you say where the 25 or 35 Year old IBLs you use are from?
Does that mean 25 years old or selfed on a population level 25 times?

-SamS

Classic Seeds

Veteran
sorry sam i am not selling home grown fantaseeds haze the haze is from cali and was brought to oregon and crossed to a prolific indica by a friend who grew it for years in the rogue valley and turned his house into a indoor green house and got a small termite problem from tearing out his floors .

the old hazes we all used came from individual smuggling runs of exceptional sativas from all over at the time nobody really cared where it came from only that it was better than anything else .i have asked many times what it was and all i get is some of this and that from so and so load .

we just kept trying to make it better and get done before winter started .the light thing was all new then to me i talk about inbred lines meaning the mix has been bred to it self for 25 years and used in crosses or 30 years inbred some of my labels are so old i have to take them off and squirt lemon juice on them and heat to read them because the ink has faded to invisable,i have been relabeling a lot of them but its not my main priorority .

i am rebreeding some and releasing them if i am happy with them and others get put away till i get to them .i am only trying to preserve the best of our old breeding a few strains at a time to so stay within our medical marijuana guidelines and do not wind up in any hassles for being greedy and violating the plant numbers .i grow for 3 other card holders who pick what they want and i get to seed a limb from what they pick for me to grow for them.

so it gets to be pretty eclectict at times trying to do both preserve old strains and pick any standouts from newer strains to make some crosses with and would not be happening at all if gypsy,dog boy and old pink had not bagged up some i sent to be given to medical needy folks .do not care about glory or dropping old friends names i think that is pretty tacky to out folks who just want to enjoy their senior years as i am trying to do .

all i care about is medical users and that they get a fair shake and not a line of bull shit from the rich seed yuppies ,i do not want a part of the name game to me its good or it is not simple logic .you figured that out your self a long time ago too sam and you are one of the few commercial breeders that has ever had my respect for allways being honest and not spewing bullshit for a buck .i have said i am not telling what i used to make these old lines and when i die if my kids want to share it they can i feel the native people of this world have been fucked over enuff without me shining a light on them to be exsploaded some more aloha classic seeds

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was lucky enough to grow up in so cal. Once spent the afternoon in the Laguna Canyon smoking DMT with Tim and many others. The Brotherhood were the older kids. Just a couple years older :)

dustin27

Veteran
Damn, I missed the time I was supposed to live...That sounds exactly what I would have done in that time...I wish I were apart of some legendary secret group. Eatin acid and smoking and praying, wearing simple clothes, volunteering ect...Thats all me, many years too late.

Highlighter, thank you for sharing this thread with me. I need to read it through all the way again, but its bookmarked. This truly interests me. And I'm a little depressed that I will never get to experience anything like what some of you guys have. So thank you all for sharing your experiences here.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I miss the old BOEL thread that got binned last year. I admit it got a little rowdy and too specific with some TOU violations, but man was it good conversation with like minded peers.

Latest posts

Latest posts