What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazy History; of Surfers & The Brotherhood of Eternal Love

window

Veteran
My first acid was White Lightning 71 or 72, bloody strong lasted about 20 hours..........then it was California sunshine, etc.
We always popped them for outdoor trips or gigs, only ever saw Pink Floyd tripping. 4 times i think. Earls Court 1973 show was a blast..

After "Operation Julie" in 77 it changed

Operation Julie was a UK police investigation into the production of LSD by two drug rings during the mid-1970s. The operation, involving 11 police forces over a ?2 1?2-year period, resulted in the break-up of one of the largest LSD manufacturing operations in the world. It culminated in 1977 with enough LSD to make 6.5 million ‘tabs’ with a then street value of £100m (equivalent to £626 million today[1]) being seized, 120 people arrested in the UK and France and over £800,000 discovered in Swiss bank accounts.[2]

Ive given it a purple hue, will pop back with the reason....

My first acid was apparently white lightning, probably called so because it was just a plain white blotter? At least what I had.
I remember the exact date, lol, November the 5th 1988, I was seventeen.
I remember looking at this tiny white square thinking how the hell is this going to get me high, boy, was I wrong!

I had varying degrees of strength through the subsequent years but none hit me harder than the black dragon blotters that we’re around during the early nineties.
I’ve never came up so fast, I swear that I could feel the first rumblings around the 20 minute mark, not the usual 45 or so, that trip lasted a good seventeen hours too, probably because my buddy convinced me to take another just as it was about to hit, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
The peak was incredible, it was a beautiful summer day and the sun seemed to get brighter and brighter as I was walking along, every step I got higher and higher and higher. At one point I thought I was gonna fall backwards and pass out I was so high:)
People passing us were no longer walking, it was if they were floating past us and moving/flowing with incredible technicolour plasticity reminiscent of characters from yellow submarine /60’s type animation, all with manic grins on their faces. I would turn my head and the world would slowly follow in my vision, walking across a field I could hear the grass grow below my feet as my senses crossed over, tasting colour, feeling sounds, it was incredible.

I stopped off at a phone-box to call another friend, just to tell him how amazing it was and when I picked up the receiver, the mouthpiece had teeth and the friggin thing tried to bite me, it only lasted a split second but scared the hell out of me for a minute.
I’d taken plenty of acid before but these black dragons were on another level and I found out why a few years later.

I was watching a program on tv called ‘Trail of guilt ‘ this episode was titled ‘The acid house ‘ and told the story of how a bunch of crazy Americans came to the U.K. to produce and distribute acid, unfortunately it also showed how they were captured.
They rented a cottage and using a formula given to them from an old guy they referred to as ‘ uncle ‘ they dissolved the ‘crystal’ in pure alchahol and distributed the acid to each square of the blotter by hand as they all sat around a table.
They would all get high in the process, absorbing it through the skin while dosing the sheets that were around the size of a playing card and not the usual A4 sort of size, some would get more than others, way more:)
No wonder it was so strong, it was fresh and each blotter may of had more than a drop of L on it, I reckon those Americans were on a mission to show us Brits ( maybe the world? ) how good acid can be? Perhaps on a smaller scale? Over mass produced stuff?? Whatever they did, it was the most awesome psychedelic experience I’d ever had:) god bless them!

I’ve heard a saying that ‘ No man should go through life without having a psychedelic experience’ and I totally agree, well, as long as your headstrong enough, it’s not for everyone.

Jayded

I remember those white lightning blotters in '88 and another blotter from around the same time called nuts and bolts that were a bit stronger.
Late 80's,early 90's there was a lot of good acid around.The 2 most memorable i tried were red window panes that gave the most visual hallucinations of all i tried and a batch of micro dots that had little white crystals in them that were stupidly strong and lasted for a lot longer than the others

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
window, that is one of the best and trippiest stories I have ever read or heard. hehe thanks. My best high is still pot believe it or not, not on your level though. I did do acid and shrooms and got fucked the hell up, but that one pot trip stands out, all of maybe 20 to 30 minutes.

The acid sure did vary in potency. Very mild like almost not high, to crazy outer space feelings.

window

Veteran
Great stuff jayded , we must be around the same sort of age?
I totally agree, late 80’s early 90’s I could always get some:)
I remember a batch of micro dots that people were saying were from the ‘operation Julie’ era that had been buried and stashed?
Probably BS but may of been as they were weak as hell, like they had been degraded?? My friends and I were pissed right off, no visuals, just in the head. We were gutted!

Talking of operation Julie, has anyone read the book by Leaf Fielding? It’s a bloody good read, he explains how they made the micro dots by drilling hundreds of small holes in a sheet of ply wood, mixing the acid into a paste and then smearing it over the wood, scraping it clean and when dried, popping them out, I think this was before they purchased a tableting machine???

Another great read is by Dion Wright, think it’s called ‘Tempest Fugative’ ?
I will look up the titles later but for anyone interested in the brotherhood , it’s a must have as he was pretty close to John Griggs and tells how people like John Gale were more acquaintances/hangers on than real core members, using they’re name to move his product and such.
He was more about the money, where as for Griggs and the others it was more about spirituality and turning on as many people as possible.

window

Veteran
Yesum, I can totally relate to that, I’ve had trippy highs from pot, one of the best and closest feeling to acid I’ve had was from original haze purchased from a cafe in Amsterdam.
I remember stepping out from that cafe and walking down the street, almost feeling like I was awake but dreaming, sort of how one feels when peaking on lsd, of course, no where near as strong but it definitely had that feeling:)
Everything became brighter, more technicolour and distant sounds because louder and more clear like in stereo, lol
It was great!

window

Veteran
if it lasted 20 hours it definitely wasn't LSD, more than likely STP/DOM

Nah bro, it was acid, remember, I double dropped:)
I’ve researched enough to know that high enough doses can last longer than the usual 12 hours plus the stuff I took was 100% the same stuff that was focused on in the tv program I watched and they were only producing LSD.
It wasn’t like I was full on tripping the whole 17 hours but I remember it getting dark and late, thinking, ok, I can go home now, I’m straight enough, but every time I got up to do so, I thought, shit, I still feel like I’m tripping, probably because we were also smoking? Every toke seemed to bring us right back:)
It was just really good acid!

Jayded

Yeah,we must be pretty close in age window,just past 50 here.
Those micro dots had lsd and something else in them mexweed,the little crystals in them were another hallucinogen but i cant remember what i was told it was.I do remember they were a lot more expensive than anything else i tried.

window

Veteran
From what I understand STP is some scary shit that can last over 24 hrs, probably why it never caught on? Fuck that, it would be mentally exhausting I reckon? I imagine it pushed some over the edge.

@ jayded, yeah, I’m 50 this year.....Fuck!!!!..lol

zif

Veteran
STP was a massive overdose of DOM, too. Already plenty long lasting, that just made it worse....

Memorable blotter for me was the blue unicorn (first experience) and ant-acid. The latter was an ant per hit, and sheets were too cheap not to stock up on (~$.50 per dose in early ‘90’s).

Speaking of Shulgin’s work (see PIHKAL for more on DOM, too), will never forget floating through my last dead show thanks to the phenomenal 2-CB. That’s the one I really miss....

From what I understand STP is some scary shit that can last over 24 hrs, probably why it never caught on? Fuck that, it would be mentally exhausting I reckon? I imagine it pushed some over the edge.

@ jayded, yeah, I’m 50 this year.....Fuck!!!!..lol

I wood

if it lasted 20 hours it definitely wasn't LSD, more than likely STP/DOM

Yup, lots of fake acid around in the past ten years.
One type (shiva blotter)was so good i picked up more before i realized it wasn't the real deal.
Mixed it with some extracted cactus alkaloids at a Sphongle show in new york and was still feeling it three days later at home many states away.
Great show. Wife was pissed that she had to drive the whole way home.

Aquired some dom once but haven’t sampled yet, doc on the other hand is one of my favorites but lasting 18 hours it is a bit hard to fit into a busy schedule.

once upon a time ebay was my best source.

window

Veteran
Zif, I know of people who have taken the 2-CB, though never tried it myself, from what I’ve heard, it’s crazy stuff.
If it was around more when I was younger, I would of tried it without blinking.
I’m a bit more wary these days of these research chems/designer drugs, especially after a mate told me after sniffing ketamine , “ I could hear my brain crackling as it took effect “ lol.

SmellyFlorist

Some time before and most especially leading up to and around the time of the 75th anniversary of the discovery of LSD a few old hands put together some nice stuff as originally intended.

Truly amazing what has been around the past few years, quality, variety, etc and so forth.

Yes I heard that there were a few giveaways... what else happened in celebration? you sure do like to dangle a carrot...

True, amazing quality... a fantastic time to be alive... whats your opinion on the "variety"?
Blind taste test there are noticeable differences... I was just putting it down to different source/tech...

@I wood... what colour was the blotter? and what made you rethink it...

I wood

@I wood... what colour was the blotter? and what made you rethink it...

Mostly blue with yellow red and white, this is from memory.
Duration was way to long on what i thought was a repeat of a previously explored combination.
side by side comparison with known and pure 25I-nbome were indistinguishable. Three hour run up time, very colorful in the same bright hard edged pallet, lingering after effects similar to 2ci and other interesting things.
Later testing with a reagent based kit showed no lsd.

It is not surprising some unscrupulous person would market this as 25I-nbome was ridiculously cheap, not illegal at the time, and a pretty good substitute.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Yes I heard that there were a few giveaways... what else happened in celebration? you sure do like to dangle a carrot...

True, amazing quality... a fantastic time to be alive... whats your opinion on the "variety"?
Blind taste test there are noticeable differences... I was just putting it down to different source/tech...

Not trying to dangle carrots, it is simply out of respect that I talk around certain things opposed to pointing them out directly.

The differences are very real the gravity of which can be quite subjective so these kind of talks tend to be difficult at best.

Have I heard the elders say you can read the intent of the hearts and minds who make and distribute such a thing? Perhaps.

Have I heard that "THIS" was meant to heal the nations? Yes.

Is everything really "THIS"? Not necessarily

:plant grow:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Mostly blue with yellow red and white, this is from memory.
Duration was way to long on what i thought was a repeat of a previously explored combination.
side by side comparison with known and pure 25I-nbome were indistinguishable. Three hour run up time, very colorful in the same bright hard edged pallet, lingering after effects similar to 2ci and other interesting things.
Later testing with a reagent based kit showed no lsd.

It is not surprising some unscrupulous person would market this as 25I-nbome was ridiculously cheap, not illegal at the time, and a pretty good substitute.

25l-nbome should be bitter to taste.

window

Veteran
From what I’ve found on the web

Dramatised reconstructions.
The Acid House. On the trai of a drugs ring in rural Herefordshire, police had to scavenge among bin bags to gather clues. But forensic scientists turned the rubbish into enough evidence to convict five unlikely criminals who were manufacturing hundreds of thousands of LSD tabs in a remote cottage.

It was LSD, I know it too well for it to be anything else:)
The cottage was ironically called Lawless Cottage.

mexweed

Veteran
nbome is destroyed by stomach acid, for a while I was giving any blotters I came across a quick taste and then swallowing

mescaline cactus is the longest trip I have ever had, where I have fallen asleep after 8-10 hours or so and then woken up with strong visuals still happening in the 14-16 hour range

the day after glow is a thing, I am definitely what I consider down by then, but colors might still seem bright and more enhanced, smoking can definitely enhance it