Hazy History; of Surfers & The Brotherhood of Eternal Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Classic Seeds View Post
    hi highlighter i am one of those old surfers who saved the imports and the good breeding from 1964 on to the present day if you want to see some of the old strains growing from our sea circle check out CLS seeds or classic seeds on seed bay .the brotherhood had a loose confederation of people from all ends of the spectrum.hash and pot were the primary driving force behind it till acid and you can see the splintering of the brotherhood after that as people moved to coke and asian herion CLS
    I saw you were selling HGF Haze, what is it? Where is it from? Home Grown Fantaseeds?
    Can you say where the 25 or 35 Year old IBLs you use are from?
    Does that mean 25 years old or selfed on a population level 25 times?

-SamS

Comment

I would also love to hear the origins of these classic IBL's....

Comment

sorry sam i am not selling home grown fantaseeds haze the haze is from cali and was brought to oregon and crossed to a prolific indica by a friend who grew it for years in the rogue valley and turned his house into a indoor green house and got a small termite problem from tearing out his floors .

the old hazes we all used came from individual smuggling runs of exceptional sativas from all over at the time nobody really cared where it came from only that it was better than anything else .i have asked many times what it was and all i get is some of this and that from so and so load .

we just kept trying to make it better and get done before winter started .the light thing was all new then to me i talk about inbred lines meaning the mix has been bred to it self for 25 years and used in crosses or 30 years inbred some of my labels are so old i have to take them off and squirt lemon juice on them and heat to read them because the ink has faded to invisable,i have been relabeling a lot of them but its not my main priorority .

i am rebreeding some and releasing them if i am happy with them and others get put away till i get to them .i am only trying to preserve the best of our old breeding a few strains at a time to so stay within our medical marijuana guidelines and do not wind up in any hassles for being greedy and violating the plant numbers .i grow for 3 other card holders who pick what they want and i get to seed a limb from what they pick for me to grow for them.

so it gets to be pretty eclectict at times trying to do both preserve old strains and pick any standouts from newer strains to make some crosses with and would not be happening at all if gypsy,dog boy and old pink had not bagged up some i sent to be given to medical needy folks .do not care about glory or dropping old friends names i think that is pretty tacky to out folks who just want to enjoy their senior years as i am trying to do .

all i care about is medical users and that they get a fair shake and not a line of bull shit from the rich seed yuppies ,i do not want a part of the name game to me its good or it is not simple logic .you figured that out your self a long time ago too sam and you are one of the few commercial breeders that has ever had my respect for allways being honest and not spewing bullshit for a buck .i have said i am not telling what i used to make these old lines and when i die if my kids want to share it they can i feel the native people of this world have been fucked over enuff without me shining a light on them to be exsploaded some more aloha classic seeds
        :smokeit::dance013:

Comment

Brotherhood beans

Originally posted by Hrpuffnkush View Post
          This is a Brotherhood Bean! I have a few canisters filled with Brotherhood beans

Love to get hold of some of those..

Chomba64

Comment

so what's the eta on the movie

Comment

subscribed
              Marketing Cannabis in an open market with terroir; among other things.

Comment

I was lucky enough to grow up in so cal. Once spent the afternoon in the Laguna Canyon smoking DMT with Tim and many others. The Brotherhood were the older kids. Just a couple years older
                (Medical Patient In Compliance)

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
                your bud
                babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants

Comment

Damn, I missed the time I was supposed to live...That sounds exactly what I would have done in that time...I wish I were apart of some legendary secret group. Eatin acid and smoking and praying, wearing simple clothes, volunteering ect...Thats all me, many years too late.

Highlighter, thank you for sharing this thread with me. I need to read it through all the way again, but its bookmarked. This truly interests me. And I'm a little depressed that I will never get to experience anything like what some of you guys have. So thank you all for sharing your experiences here.

Holy Grail:
                  '91 ChemDog
                  ChemDog D
                  ChemDog 4
                  DawgDaze
                  Giesel
                  ECSD
                  SD riri
                  Original diesel
                  MSS
                  Casey Jones

Comment

I always found the story and the characters involved interesting.Whilst not weed related,here's Nick talking about his past ,on natgeo tv http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXAKijc1Vmc
                    "load the universe into a cannon....point it at the brain......Fire!"
                    sigpic

Spaced out "Spice of Life" fanatic......

Comment

I miss the old BOEL thread that got binned last year. I admit it got a little rowdy and too specific with some TOU violations, but man was it good conversation with like minded peers.
                      sigpic

Simple tips to grow excellent cannabis
                      Natural guttation on cannabis flowers

legal med patient/caregiver

“I wound up doing time for something I should have been rewarded for, What I did was a community service, the way I look at it. I was punished for political reasons. Absolutely meaningless. Was I a criminal? No. I was a good member of society. Only my society and the one making the laws are different.”- Owsley Stanley R.I.P

If you can heal the symptom, but not affect the cause, it's quite a bit like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

Comment

Sorry I missed that one, could have learned alot. I was really thinking bout this and realized that I dont need to pine for the past, I already have alot of the same values and live my life in similar ways already. I got my own adventure going on.

Holy Grail:
                        '91 ChemDog
                        ChemDog D
                        ChemDog 4
                        DawgDaze
                        Giesel
                        ECSD
                        SD riri
                        Original diesel
                        MSS
                        Casey Jones

Comment

TOU of BOEL has been broken on I.C.mag
                          Interesting tales though
                          Growin in HI places

Comment

good read, glad I read it. Very interesting as well.
                            Interested in the old and maybe lost strains also.

Comment

surfig and skatring culture

hey im from central asia in 91 i got go west no money i met skateboarders and surfers all i had was afghani seeds i got go from ny to california downto mexico hidden port met guys from hawaii and living in indo changed me life very nice people an they no thier weed now am in sur america from some of the first people i met the ocean is very mystic place have gerd stories of old californias living in hawaii getting in trouble in the sixties from smuggling some off the best weed i hav seen was from an old santa cruz grower living in mexico i have very old friend who as growing apple buds in the east coast gates county in the seventies north carolina these guys were living in mexico all during the 70 xz some com e snow boarding in kazakistan very nice people we have spade and it is ibl for thirty years we make sollection evry year some of the apple buds still growing in gates are older down in latecla indian reservation they been growin thiers strains for generations afghani too balk providence thier still growing thier grand fathers seeds oh yea his name was john

Comment

can you please explain me i lived in mexico thailand cambodia and columbia first qestion the best columbians i am growing i collected in corrintinia south columbia i have a low land thai were we grew 50 kilos in sumbawa spent 3 years collecting all asian seeds grew them out on eqator sumbawa spent 5 years in mexico from jalisco to chiaappas have spent 3 years in columbia here the best highland strains are from the south of the ccountry what i wont to no is i have original haze seeds from amsterdam alot of the southern columbian three way crosses blow em awy they are growers from the 70z first problem is original haze seeds we take to high alltitudes germ 150 ,,5 to ten grow secound problem out of the 10 7 hermie we paid big bucks for this seeds as of columbian three ways pay one dollar 100 seedsw 90 percent germinate no herm ies and produce stronger marijuana tested by some chemist then original hazes in columbia they all tell me purple corrinto is the finest not the strongest the finest i grow 100s of the fox tails the santa marta golds with the `purple bracts i have some very oldschool lowland blacks and about 30 different punta rojas and some very nice mangas i was told the corrintina lines were used for the original purple hazes is this true i think here there is a very difference in potency to alltitude of the plantaions same seeds the best smoke we have seen is a burmeese nepalees x haze cross grown in corrintinia highlands

Comment

Working...
                                X