What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazy History; of Surfers & The Brotherhood of Eternal Love

Thanks for the info medicine, I did a quick search for Operation Donna and found the pdf or report of what you mentioned. Makes a lot of sense to me now, especially as why some ( strawberries for example ) were so weak. Sounds like the “ Chemists “ would sell to a third party and whoever purchased the crystal would dilute and dip themselves. Greed gets in the way, bloody scouser’s, lol…..only joking, I’ve got absolutely nothing against Liverpudlian’s but you know, he he.

Just utter c**ts the lot of us hahahaha The strawbs were a pain after 90/91 as you never knew what you'd get.... though you would get some good ones

window

Veteran
I learned something from the report.
The Donna crew used the method known as Spotting, dosing individual tabs rather than dipping whole sheets.
I remember them saying this in the documentary I saw, that’s why they were soooooo strong😁

window

Veteran
Pretty sure I had a fake one once, a yellow star if I remember correctly, that was a proper bummer.
The report mentions that during bust’s, a lot of the confiscated sheets were undosed where they obviously hadn’t got round to dipping them yet.
It wouldn’t surprise me if some undipped sheet’s made they’re way out on to the streets.

‘Ere ah La’, sheets of 100, there’s fuck all on them but you can knock ‘em out fiver a go.
I’m sure some scally would go for it, ha ha
They done me, lol, only once though😁

window

Veteran
Hi breethen...
quite an off topic question
does anyone know the origin of some seeds that have been around supposedly old school seeds, a good friend of mine give me many years ago a strain called "Oaxacan Red" suposely it comes from BOEL original seedstock and recently another friend told me about "Colombian Gold" also with BOEL origins. Anyone know something about it? I'm really curious about it

I don’t know man. Although it would be great to think that Brotherhood members kept seed line’s going from the 70’s, it’s probably highly unlikely… but could of. I mean, I’m sure some people have but they are really few and far between, a rarity.
I know some have luck sprouting old seeds and I know there are some old Mexi’s and Lumbo’s around today but I’ve increasingly seen people across the board’s attaching the Boel moniker to their seeds to maybe add some weight to the provenance of said seeds? Maybe I’m wrong and hope so too but I just don’t know.
I’m not saying you elchischas have done that, I mean your just going off what you were told as were others, so please don’t take this the wrong way, I’m not trying to be a dick.
Oaxacan and Colombian gold are legends in their own right who any landrace lover would be excited to have and don’t need extra tags to make them special.
If there really are Boel seedlots out there, I would imagine they came from brotherhood associates, maybe reproductions from later dates?? We all know how most seeds from pot were just chucked back in the day and the knowledge of long term storage wasn’t well known back in the 70’s, even mid 80’s to most.
I’m just having my own guess at it all, I’m no expert on Boel, just someone with an interest anyway. I suppose the person to ask would be the member here Cerebal Fluid as his grandad really was a member and I’m sure he grows pot, I think he’s even been busted for it once or twice, as well as smuggling hashish back in the day. If anyone would know about this subject,
He would know I reckon.

I read a book about Owsley a couple years back. Apparently when he got out of jail for producing acid, he moved to I think Marin County is it?? To grow weed. I never knew that.
I’m waiting for someone to come out with “Owsley Kush bro, been kept in Cali since the mid 70’s” He He….ya never know😁

window

Veteran
Interesting thread! Love reading about this stuff.

@window FYI, Owlsley moved to Australia in the 80s and lived in the tropical North of the country where he died in a car accident about 10 years ago.

Yeah, the book ends with that.
I’ll have to look it out again, I think it’s called Bear?
There is another called My LSD Family written by Bear’s bit on the side during the 60’s/70’s.
Both good books and worth a read.

window

Veteran
Melissa Cargill was her name, the Wiki article says it was Fairfax, California where he grew.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Interesting thread! Love reading about this stuff.

@window FYI, Owlsley moved to Australia in the 80s and lived in the tropical North of the country where he died in a car accident about 10 years ago.
it was down the road from my place where he lived ,
a few folks lived at his place a bit like a commune ,
many of the kids my sons age remember the acid from out there well ,
i think here he was more the name , and a woman was the one making the lsd,
one of my mums friends is good friends with her ...

he reckons he took acid every day , i used to see him a lot at the hardware shop and i could tell he was on something ,
i reckon he could tell i was too , hahaha ..

elchischas

Veteran
I don’t know man. Although it would be great to think that Brotherhood members kept seed line’s going from the 70’s, it’s probably highly unlikely… but could of. I mean, I’m sure some people have but they are really few and far between, a rarity.
I know some have luck sprouting old seeds and I know there are some old Mexi’s and Lumbo’s around today but I’ve increasingly seen people across the board’s attaching the Boel moniker to their seeds to maybe add some weight to the provenance of said seeds? Maybe I’m wrong and hope so too but I just don’t know.
I’m not saying you elchischas have done that, I mean your just going off what you were told as were others, so please don’t take this the wrong way, I’m not trying to be a dick.
Oaxacan and Colombian gold are legends in their own right who any landrace lover would be excited to have and don’t need extra tags to make them special.
If there really are Boel seedlots out there, I would imagine they came from brotherhood associates, maybe reproductions from later dates?? We all know how most seeds from pot were just chucked back in the day and the knowledge of long term storage wasn’t well known back in the 70’s, even mid 80’s to most.
I’m just having my own guess at it all, I’m no expert on Boel, just someone with an interest anyway. I suppose the person to ask would be the member here Cerebal Fluid as his grandad really was a member and I’m sure he grows pot, I think he’s even been busted for it once or twice, as well as smuggling hashish back in the day. If anyone would know about this subject,
He would know I reckon.

I read a book about Owsley a couple years back. Apparently when he got out of jail for producing acid, he moved to I think Marin County is it?? To grow weed. I never knew that.
I’m waiting for someone to come out with “Owsley Kush bro, been kept in Cali since the mid 70’s” He He….ya never know😁
Hi Bro...
Thanks for answer me
As do you say hard to know if it comes from them.. by the way thanks to all for this interesting thread!

Cerebralfluid

Hi Bro...
Thanks for answer me
As do you say hard to know if it comes from them.. by the way thanks to all for this interesting thread!
That i know of, there is nothing left from back then.... some of the brothers saved seeds from the 80's, but none of them were that big of growers other than growing some for personal stash up until the 80's
Living in Honduras (70's) was the first time my granddad grew, and that was while they were already on the run.

Last edited:

elchischas

Veteran
That i know of, there is nothing left from back then.... some of the brothers saved seeds from the 80's, but none of them were that big of growers other than growing some for personal stash up until the 80's
Living in Honduras was the first time my granddad grew, and that was while they were already on the run.
Thanks for answer :bandit: