No announcement yet.

Hazy History; of Surfers & The Brotherhood of Eternal Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STP was a massive overdose of DOM, too. Already plenty long lasting, that just made it worse....

Memorable blotter for me was the blue unicorn (first experience) and ant-acid. The latter was an ant per hit, and sheets were too cheap not to stock up on (~$.50 per dose in early ‘90’s).

Speaking of Shulgin’s work (see PIHKAL for more on DOM, too), will never forget floating through my last dead show thanks to the phenomenal 2-CB. That’s the one I really miss....

Originally posted by window View Post
    From what I understand STP is some scary shit that can last over 24 hrs, probably why it never caught on? Fuck that, it would be mentally exhausting I reckon? I imagine it pushed some over the edge.

@ jayded, yeah, I’m 50 this year.....Fuck!!!!..lol
    Simple grafting: process, progress, result

Comment

Originally posted by mexweed View Post
      if it lasted 20 hours it definitely wasn't LSD, more than likely STP/DOM
      Yup, lots of fake acid around in the past ten years.
      One type (shiva blotter)was so good i picked up more before i realized it wasn't the real deal.
      Mixed it with some extracted cactus alkaloids at a Sphongle show in new york and was still feeling it three days later at home many states away.
      Great show. Wife was pissed that she had to drive the whole way home.

Aquired some dom once but haven’t sampled yet, doc on the other hand is one of my favorites but lasting 18 hours it is a bit hard to fit into a busy schedule.

once upon a time ebay was my best source.
      Proud to be an indoor sativa masochist.

Still adrift in Hilbert space.

Comment

Zif, I know of people who have taken the 2-CB, though never tried it myself, from what I’ve heard, it’s crazy stuff.
        If it was around more when I was younger, I would of tried it without blinking.
        I’m a bit more wary these days of these research chems/designer drugs, especially after a mate told me after sniffing ketamine , “ I could hear my brain crackling as it took effect “ lol.

Comment

doX family of substances can fit on paper and lasts a bit longer if not way too long
          BLACK LIVES MATTER

galatians 6:7

The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
          Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
          For the wise men and the fools
          I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by Weird View Post
            Some time before and most especially leading up to and around the time of the 75th anniversary of the discovery of LSD a few old hands put together some nice stuff as originally intended.

Truly amazing what has been around the past few years, quality, variety, etc and so forth.
            Yes I heard that there were a few giveaways... what else happened in celebration? you sure do like to dangle a carrot...

True, amazing quality... a fantastic time to be alive... whats your opinion on the "variety"?
            Blind taste test there are noticeable differences... I was just putting it down to different source/tech...

@I wood... what colour was the blotter? and what made you rethink it...

Comment

Originally posted by SmellyFlorist View Post

@I wood... what colour was the blotter? and what made you rethink it...
              Mostly blue with yellow red and white, this is from memory.
              Duration was way to long on what i thought was a repeat of a previously explored combination.
              side by side comparison with known and pure 25I-nbome were indistinguishable. Three hour run up time, very colorful in the same bright hard edged pallet, lingering after effects similar to 2ci and other interesting things.
              Later testing with a reagent based kit showed no lsd.

It is not surprising some unscrupulous person would market this as 25I-nbome was ridiculously cheap, not illegal at the time, and a pretty good substitute.
              Proud to be an indoor sativa masochist.

Still adrift in Hilbert space.

Comment

Yes I heard that there were a few giveaways... what else happened in celebration? you sure do like to dangle a carrot...

True, amazing quality... a fantastic time to be alive... whats your opinion on the "variety"?
                Blind taste test there are noticeable differences... I was just putting it down to different source/tech...

Not trying to dangle carrots, it is simply out of respect that I talk around certain things opposed to pointing them out directly.

The differences are very real the gravity of which can be quite subjective so these kind of talks tend to be difficult at best.

Have I heard the elders say you can read the intent of the hearts and minds who make and distribute such a thing? Perhaps.

Have I heard that "THIS" was meant to heal the nations? Yes.

Is everything really "THIS"? Not necessarily

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Comment

Originally posted by I wood View Post
                  Mostly blue with yellow red and white, this is from memory.
                  Duration was way to long on what i thought was a repeat of a previously explored combination.
                  side by side comparison with known and pure 25I-nbome were indistinguishable. Three hour run up time, very colorful in the same bright hard edged pallet, lingering after effects similar to 2ci and other interesting things.
                  Later testing with a reagent based kit showed no lsd.

It is not surprising some unscrupulous person would market this as 25I-nbome was ridiculously cheap, not illegal at the time, and a pretty good substitute.
                  25l-nbome should be bitter to taste.

Comment

From what I’ve found on the web

Dramatised reconstructions.
                    The Acid House. On the trai of a drugs ring in rural Herefordshire, police had to scavenge among bin bags to gather clues. But forensic scientists turned the rubbish into enough evidence to convict five unlikely criminals who were manufacturing hundreds of thousands of LSD tabs in a remote cottage.

It was LSD, I know it too well for it to be anything else
                    The cottage was ironically called Lawless Cottage.

Comment

nbome is destroyed by stomach acid, for a while I was giving any blotters I came across a quick taste and then swallowing

mescaline cactus is the longest trip I have ever had, where I have fallen asleep after 8-10 hours or so and then woken up with strong visuals still happening in the 14-16 hour range

the day after glow is a thing, I am definitely what I consider down by then, but colors might still seem bright and more enhanced, smoking can definitely enhance it

Comment

Cool, I was just teasing...

Not trying to dangle carrots, it is simply out of respect that I talk around certain things opposed to pointing them out directly.

The differences are very real the gravity of which can be quite subjective so these kind of talks tend to be difficult at best.

Have I heard the elders say you can read the intent of the hearts and minds who make and distribute such a thing? Perhaps.

Have I heard that "THIS" was meant to heal the nations? Yes.

Is everything really "THIS"? Not necessarily

probably on the same page...

Comment

personally, onset, duration and peak... noticeable. Scene and setting withstanding, there seems to be a different "head set" if you will... more clarity, less head fuck, different visual feel... harder hitting, cutting epiphanies... but testing leads to tolerance...
                          Its been pointed out, and I kinda agree, about "cultural atmosphere"... its like: "well the consumption is working, things are clicking... so why isnt everyone else seeing the writing..." like you say "difficult"... maybe its best put like this: "no more acid around these kooks..."

Comment

personally, onset, duration and peak... noticeable. Scene and setting withstanding, there seems to be a different "head set" if you will... more clarity, less head fuck, different visual feel... harder hitting, cutting epiphanies... but testing leads to tolerance...
                            Its been pointed out, and I kinda agree, about "cultural atmosphere"... its like: "well the consumption is working, things are clicking... so why isnt everyone else seeing the writing..." like you say "difficult"... maybe its best put like this: "no more acid around these kooks..."
                            Naa its more nuanced than that

Having eaten acid thousands of times over this lifetime of various types I can say the following holds up to inspection (although it is dated the same dynamics perpetuate today)

https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_writings1.shtml

trying to have a reasonable discussion is another story
                            BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The Erowid link is a good article but totally disagree with the very last sentence, they got it wrong with the ALD-52 bit, so I’ll take with a pinch of salt.
                              Anyway back to the hazy history of the brotherhood, an article about one of the original brother’s, Brennie Smith.
                              Think I remember SamS saying his buddy in Boel spent some time in a Lebanese prison after trying to smuggle hash out of the country, could be the same guy mentioned in this article??

https://www.ocweekly.com/news-distan...smith-6403600/

Also talks about when the Brit band the Moody Blues visited the ranch at Idylwild, maybe dropping some sunshine?? They returned to the U.K. to release their album ‘ Seaching for the lost chord ‘ which included the single ‘ Legend of a mind ‘, the lyrics about Leary.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r_TbovyVOzs

Comment

From the album

Comment

Working...
                                X