What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

pebble

Veteran
hi all :wave:
awesome pics :yoinks: as could not be other way
a very special hybrid, Alibeep f2 (Alibi x Deep Chunk) delicous and beautifull work!!

picture.php

picture.php

left to rigth: Deep Chunk, Alibeep f2, BlueDancer and PTK

picture.php

peace and love

Braindead#1

Omae wa mo shindeiru
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which is the difference of all DC ...from all grower on ic?

All are "pure" original stock? For where...charlie garcia?

To much DC ^^ raco, Ras pablo, charlie garcia, bro monk...

Which is the best! héhé nice thread as well :abduct:

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It all comes from Tom Hill. He brought Deep Chunk and PTK to the online community.

Colina

Just a quick note of clarification regarding the recommended round of open pollination. In my opinion, when using this method on a smaller scale (regardless of the line), the traditional method should be modified somewhat. If we were to let all of the males and females flower together, then we may be running the risk of the earliest males being most heavily represented in the mating. This should be avoided. Instead, seperate males from females during pollen drop and attempt to collect relatively equal amounts of pollen from each of the males. Make a pollen mix from this to use on the females. This will help to capture as much diversity as is possible under the circumstance.

Right on Colina, you know you know your shit... Thank You for that Valuble Information...

God Bless the Pro's!!!!! Gracia again!!:woohoo:

@ COLINA
Please stick around, would you be okay with me asking you some questions about this kinda thing? It would most llkely be here or on your Profile page where I ask, or in PM?????

Thanks again for your TIme.... Continued Blessing to all!

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks colina that makes sense ill be doing that with the ptk aswell hopefully doing it that way i can keep the ptk and DC girls in the same room or should i keep them seperate??

Colina

Hi again Benji,

Without knowing your exact situation eg time staggering, pollination room conditions, etc etc, I'm a bit leery of giving anything but a more general advice and that is: Maintain an absolute paranoia of line contamination at all times and try to go into breeding programs with a scientist-like planning and execution. Take some time to plan it all out, and try to leave no room for error. Jawohl.

Hi Bandit,

I would prefer to not let this thread fly off into multiple directions more than it has already due to my ramblings. It would probably benefit the community more (including yourself) if you were to gather your thoughts/questions and start an appropriately titled thread. I'd be more than happy to visit and I'm sure others would lend their experience too. That being said feel free as well to PM me anytime.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi again Benji,

Without knowing your exact situation eg time staggering, pollination room conditions, etc etc, I'm a bit leery of giving anything but a more general advice and that is: Maintain an absolute paranoia of line contamination at all times and try to go into breeding programs with a scientist-like planning and execution. Take some time to plan it all out, and try to leave no room for error. Jawohl..

It will be run perfect no mistakes allowed ill just buy another tent for breeding and do 2 open pollenations PTK and DC cant wait to add some photos to this thread!!

Hi Bandit,

I would prefer to not let this thread fly off into multiple directions more than it has already due to my ramblings. It would probably benefit the community more (including yourself) if you were to gather your thoughts/questions and start an appropriately titled thread. I'd be more than happy to visit and I'm sure others would lend their experience too. That being said feel free as well to PM me anytime.

Thanks very much Colina, I appreciate the knowledge and, you rambling, i don't think so cat, everything you have posted has been information, and valuble at that... I can start a thread on the questions when I get to the point I wanna be with pollination... I have to think it out really good and maybe make some adjustments and build some shit first... So it'll be a minute... This kind of pollination you are talking is different than I have heard, it is more meant to keep these landraces going strong and get diversity to it Maximum.. Thank you!

G

HAS any one ever heard of this strain BrainDead (Blockheadx(Bubba KushxDeep Chunk) i have 2 seeds. a friend gave me these seeds and i am excited about growing this cross out.
i think its from nor cal. I am hoping i get one male one female . but if i get all males i will take some pollen and cross it to my skunk i have. the skunk i will use is cali-o it grows like a skunk. it looks close to skunk#1 the pictures i have seen. pluse it might put out a nice orange hash plant. any input . DAN

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Just a quick note of clarification regarding the recommended round of open pollination. In my opinion, when using this method on a smaller scale (regardless of the line), the traditional method should be modified somewhat. If we were to let all of the males and females flower together, then we may be running the risk of the earliest males being most heavily represented in the mating. This should be avoided. Instead, seperate males from females during pollen drop and attempt to collect relatively equal amounts of pollen from each of the males. Make a pollen mix from this to use on the females. This will help to capture as much diversity as is possible under the circumstance.

Would it not be better to, say, for example, take out 75% of potential males purely on grounds of lower vigour, to try and breed some more vigour in ?

... or, if that is for some reason not valid, could not the community help out with a programme evaluating offspring of various selected males in order to improve the breed ?

Tom Hill has been kind enough to give something to us for free, what better thankyou to him than to give one of his favourite offspring something good back.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think Colina is speaking of preserving the line. Once you have plenty of seed stock,then you could start selections for your improved line.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Two DC males of the same age and from the same batch

twoDCmales.jpg

Would you use the weak (since start) one?? :chin:

L

luaith

excellent pics everybody!!.."thanks dr.nick!!"

heres a couple dc youngins..
picture.php

Nice DC's there Luaith and MR DJ... are you guys gonna document these whilst growing them out....

@Mr DJ.... What kinda Music ya DJin'???? I am a Tech, Minnimal, Tech House, DJ myself, just wondering where your head is at???? Peace and Harmony please!