What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha, I think they're not that great with english.

DEEP CHUNK​

Genetics: Heirloom. Originally coming from Afghanistan
Type: Indica structure (possible to find Sativa types in the leaves too)
Flowering: 55-60 days (indoors) – September –October (Outdoors)
Height: 1 metre
Aromas: pine, earth, mint, gasoline, citrus, hashy, leather notes, peppermint
Effects: Cheerful, dreamy, relaxing, sudden wave of euphoria, narcotic
Characteristics: Abundant resin production, short, bushy, compact
Grow type: Outdoors, indoors, greenhouse

Pure old school Afghan Genetics collected in the 70’s and preserved by Mr. Tom Hill We greatly appreciate this “legacy”. The Landrace Team will never let such a line go lost and this is the reason we made it available to those who consider it a dream, we know that many yearn to have it. Again for everyone, a beautiful and productive selection of resin and vigour by The Landrace Team of this legendary Afghan genetics.
It grows with a beautiful shade of green and great vigour, thick stems, broad and large leaves of 5 and 7 leaflets, reaches a height of 60, 80 and 100 cm with short internodal spaces, when it is grown to more than 1400 metres above sea level (4500 feet) some phenotypes express beautiful purple and dark purple colours in their leaves and flowers, its vegetative stage is very fast, between 55 and 60 days. The petioles too are purple and some reddish.
Flowering this genetics is very peculiar since its female phenotypes are very resinous until its leaves. Even some males show resin. Flowering takes 7 to 8 weeks maximum during which it forms a large, very imposing main flower full of resin, its buds are like rocks that sprout resin, some do not show the vegetal matter due to the exaggerated accumulation of glandular trichomes, emanating aromas of pine, gasoline, solvents, wood, earth, hashy and leather notes on the flavour. Its production is not the best but everything is rewarded with the quality and quantity of resin. These plants do not like heavy feeding and heavy watering.
Its effect is of a quiet and sudden wave of euphoria and cheerfulness making you feel happy for no reason before the narcotic and sleepy effecst take over towards the end. It is worth having this old beautiful selection by The Landrace Team for breeding purposes or simply for those who love to collect old school lines which have never been outcrossed. It is possible (although not common) to find “sativa” expressions, at least in the leaves.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just sent a live chat to them asking

What is the price for Deep Chunk and how many seeds per pack? What year stock is the Deep Chunk reproduction from?

RobFromTX

I read they can be pretty expensive. But hey its gotta be a hell of a job maintaining all those landraces. Please share what they have to say. That pine tar kush is looking damn fine too

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CSI has the Pine Tar Kush. Yeah I considered getting that and The sterling skunk. Only have so much room and so much time. Would like to do a DC preservation and cross the DC into my Deep chunk hybrid cultivar since 2010, so need all the plants for that project. :smoke:

Does CSI have certain stock regularly? I assume it will be available in the future. I would imagine there will be more reproductions. Want to buy fresh seed stock.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No answer with the chat, who knows where they're located. Maybe they're sleeping.

May sent a message where you ask to make a purchase I guess it is. Haha kind of goofy. Maybe its a good way of doing business.

Order Your Seeds Here!​

name (required field)

email (required field)

Insert the correct answer:
The capital of Ireland?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No I asked the chat bot. I could send a message telling them im interested in the line I guess, and go over email.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They wrote back in the chat! They responded,

"Deep Chunk 90 Euros 10 seeds Reproduction on 2021 and 2022

We take orders via email

Email us at thelandraceteam@gmail.com

Or leave us your email and we'll get back to you soon"

I asked what the price is in US Dollars. They have A LOT later version of the Deep Chunk than Humboldt CSI's 2003 reproduction. In 2004 Tom won a cannabis cup with it he said. Thats almost 20 years down the line. Its an inbred line so its probably good, but earlier reproductions are likely the best. Maybe they did a really good job though, and bred a solid line. They do talk about the thin leaved ones, which is what Tom said you would find. Some of those thinner leafed ones can be better individuals Tom said I think.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheaper than Humboldt CSI at $150.00 though.

Humboldt CSI description says circa '03 Tom Hill stock. I wonder how they did this, with clones? Was it seed stock that was kept well in the fridge? Wonder it was ust 03 stock preserved with annual breeding up to this point.

July 24, 2022
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Note this comment by "The Landrace Team". English was a little off but theres good information in the description.

"Short about 1 meter tall or less!"

Also:

"These plants do not like heavy feeding and heavy watering."

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love they put 21 seeds per pack, that way you can have more plants to preserve the diversity in the line! I would have got 2 packs if it was just 10 seeds.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great! I am too. With 21 seeds that will be plenty to preserve the diversity of the line. I think first round you want to use all the males so you don't lose anything, Tom Hill also mentioned that on The Potcast.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're shipped out or will on Mon. Hope they don't get too cold on the way. Weather is getting crazy cold right now. It said a few days ago some parts of the contintental US would see -15 f overnight temps. They're designed to handle cold though. It should be ok.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Listening to The Potcast interview with 707 seedbank out of Northern California. He said he knows Humboldt CSI is a really good breeder that sources legitimate material, and everyone else, he's not sure.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He also said Nspecta and some other guys were urging him to start his own seed company, so they must be friends up in Northern California.

Latest posts

Latest posts