Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Chunk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by bsgospel View Post
    Does anyone have any insight regarding The Landrace Team's-Deep Chunk? I'm not doubting them, I've just never really checked their stuff out before. Have they been mentioned in this thread and I missed it? The line looks legit but no descriptions of the provenance...

    EDIT: I wrote to TLT and got this response: The seeds by Tom Hill were grown by Spanish members in an old forum and one of our colleagues got hold of them and grew them out (big numbers) and we have kept them going. Several generations and quite a few of parents involved in open pollination reproduction.
    Hi,-I tink the DC (=IBL/F20+?!/ Tom Hill)from TLT/TheLandraceTeam is the same DC (aka Feak Chunk) you can buy at Kwikseeds(=The Real Seed Company/Agnus).
    @Browntrout: -I grown them too (4 Sedds,2f+2 males,-about a half year ago) and all looks and smells very similar.
    -Realy a slowy in grower,fast flowering ,near zero stretch in flower and a low yielder of resinus,stone hard glufball shaped buds with a sweet and bith earthy,hashy smell and taste,-realy nice quality and a nice,longlasting stone of good potency for a pure Indica,-but not as strong as you can read about!
    Greetz and good luck

    Comment


      Originally posted by TP-grower View Post
      Hi,-I tink the DC (=IBL/F20+?!/ Tom Hill)from TLT/TheLandraceTeam is the same DC (aka Feak Chunk) you can buy at Kwikseeds(=The Real Seed Company/Agnus).
      @Browntrout: -I grown them too (4 Sedds,2f+2 males,-about a half year ago) and all looks and smells very similar.
      -Realy a slowy in grower,fast flowering ,near zero stretch in flower and a low yielder of resinus,stone hard glufball shaped buds with a sweet and bith earthy,hashy smell and taste,-realy nice quality and a nice,longlasting stone of good potency for a pure Indica,-but not as strong as you can read about!
      Greetz and good luck
      I grew DC from an IC member and DC from Kwik seeds, the contrast between the two was staggering. Kwik seeds is most certainly hybridized. Phenos all over the place, tall, short, auto, non auto, big buds, small buds. All lacking in smell. The IC members line was very homogenous with small variation in leaf shape/characteristics and the extent of purple coloration. Very much the real deal. There was a very nice all black/purple male with visible frost.
      Mother of Berry x Blue Durban-Chitral
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329624

      Comment


        Ok,-I only ve grown this Freak Chunk (Kwik Seeds)+Monky Balls(Hazeman/-It sayd to be pure,but was realy different/-maybe hybrid with other Indica,very small stout plant and leafes.

        -But all(2f+2m) was realy looking homogenus,pure Indica Shape with realy big leafes /Afganica Shape and 0% Autoflowering!?

        Comment


          Originally posted by TP-grower View Post
          Ok,-I only ve grown this Freak Chunk (Kwik Seeds)+Monky Balls(Hazeman/-It sayd to be pure,but was realy different/-maybe hybrid with other Indica,very small stout plant and leafes.

          -But all(2f+2m) was realy looking homogenus,pure Indica Shape with realy big leafes /Afganica Shape and 0% Autoflowering!?



          just growing the same genetics one plant under led
          the other plant under hps will produce very different leaf flower results


          but I have heard many people say that monkey balls are not legit DC
          its a shame too cause I have a few lying around myself,,, :(
          duped again...


          the freak chunk should be 100% DC
          Originally posted by browntrout View Post
          I grew DC from an IC member and DC from Kwik seeds, the contrast between the two was staggering. Kwik seeds is most certainly hybridized. Phenos all over the place, tall, short, auto, non auto, big buds, small buds. All lacking in smell. The IC members line was very homogenous with small variation in leaf shape/characteristics and the extent of purple coloration. Very much the real deal. There was a very nice all black/purple male with visible frost.

          im gonna take your word on it
          the x18 and aunt of farouk are next on my todo list of indica bliss
          "if" the biggest small word in the dictionary

          Comment


            I can't say for sure as I've not grown it, but my understanding is Freak Chunk is a Deep Chunk crossed with Bubba.
            "No Nation has ever benefited
            From a protracted war"
            -Sun Tzu

            Comment


              Originally posted by Brother Nature View Post
              I can't say for sure as I've not grown it, but my understanding is Freak Chunk is a Deep Chunk crossed with Bubba.
              reports I'm seeing and getting are of very homogenous plants

              and for the two generations of DC the source of these seeds has seen, the plants have been very uniform

              pinch of salt advisable imo

              Comment


                Originally posted by ngakpa View Post
                reports I'm seeing and getting are of very homogenous plants

                and for the two generations of DC the source of these seeds has seen, the plants have been very uniform

                pinch of salt advisable imo
                I’m not sure if your speaking to my post, but I’d like to further explain my results.

                Growing two separate lines side by side and previous experience with Cannacopia DC crosses. Not to mention seed runs over 50 plants of other strains.

                It’s pretty easy to see the hybridization in my mind.

                The IC member who gave me the pure line had variations that are expected in heavily inbred lines like DC. Slight variation in leaf shape, purple coloration, mould resistance etc. But all are undeniably similar and look much alike.

                The Kwik Seeds Freak Chunk, all looked “Deep Chunk” as DC at 50% in any indica dominant hybrid with DC does, lends a lot of its shape/look and some phenos easily could be passed off as pure DC to most. It had all the tell tale signs of hybridization. In my mind. Certain phenos lacking the large dominant fan leaves, excessive longer branching, variations in bud size, bud structure etc. Also most were very much lighter green and not as thick waxy leaves as pure DC. Also the auto pheno... I don’t grow autos, have very little seed. Grew an auto Malawi NL this year, which I purchased a single seed of. No chance for miss-labelling. It looked like a DC x auto with denser buds and purple coloration.

                All of these traits varied between each pheno however, not to the extent some might see. To me it’s drastic, to myself 10 years ago... very subtle.

                I’m a big fan of RSC but The particular breeder of DC from which the seeds I received are, maybe not as much. I would still do other orders to Kwik seeds no question.
                Mother of Berry x Blue Durban-Chitral
                https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329624

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ngakpa View Post
                  reports I'm seeing and getting are of very homogenous plants

                  and for the two generations of DC the source of these seeds has seen, the plants have been very uniform

                  pinch of salt advisable imo
                  Any links to pics? Would love to see them! It would be exciting if freak chunk is in fact a pure deep chunk, all the other vendors are selling hybrids. They're nice, but not the real deal (ie. monkey balls, KOS hybrid, etc).

                  Here's monkey balls, definitely not the real deal DC:

                  Comment


                    Tom is back around, someone could always ask him.
                    "No Nation has ever benefited
                    From a protracted war"
                    -Sun Tzu

                    Comment


                      I've grown the KOS a bit more after making some seeds from a pack of theirs. Although unlikely a pure DC, she's still about as indica as you can get. Looking at various Bubba x DC and even Lapis Mtn Indica, it's probably that or something similar. Packs a mean punch and ridiculous resin.

                      It would be cool to have DC from Tom for the sake of having it, but in terms of getting a solid Afghani to play around with, it's not a bad thing to have around. Here's a girl from the seed run I did at 8 weeks 11/13:

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by browntrout View Post
                        I’m not sure if your speaking to my post, but I’d like to further explain my results.
                        ok, but at the risk of seeming snarky - genuinely not intended -

                        within the space of two posts we have gone from

                        "phenos all over the place, autos etc"

                        to

                        "subtle differences only evident to someone with decades of experience"

                        when I say "pinch of salt advisable", that's all I mean

                        the context is that the other reports I'm getting, including from the grower, is of markedly uniform plants, which is very difficult to square with "glaring hybridization only visible to the initiated"

                        believe me, the second I start seeing consistent reports of glaringly hybridized plants, I will be the first to let people know

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by acespicoli View Post
                          just growing the same genetics one plant under led
                          the other plant under hps will produce very different leaf flower results


                          but I have heard many people say that monkey balls are not legit DC
                          its a shame too cause I have a few lying around myself,,, :(
                          duped again...


                          the freak chunk should be 100% DC



                          im gonna take your word on it
                          the x18 and aunt of farouk are next on my todo list of indica bliss
                          Originally posted by meizzwang View Post
                          Any links to pics? Would love to see them! It would be exciting if freak chunk is in fact a pure deep chunk, all the other vendors are selling hybrids. They're nice, but not the real deal (ie. monkey balls, KOS hybrid, etc).

                          Here's monkey balls, definitely not the real deal DC:
                          View Image
                          -I ve grown them too (MoBa/HM) and think the same:-nice Phenos(1 realy special Terp Pheno with Mint-Pinementhos+ smell and taste,realy special

                          -But i ve never grown Tom Hills orginal DC

                          -So maybe the Freak chunk i ve grown was only the same Phenos!?
                          -So thank you all here for your Info+Expierience

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ngakpa View Post
                            ok, but at the risk of seeming snarky - genuinely not intended -

                            within the space of two posts we have gone from

                            "phenos all over the place, autos etc"

                            to

                            "subtle differences only evident to someone with decades of experience"

                            when I say "pinch of salt advisable", that's all I mean

                            the context is that the other reports I'm getting, including from the grower, is of markedly uniform plants, which is very difficult to square with "glaring hybridization only visible to the initiated"

                            believe me, the second I start seeing consistent reports of glaringly hybridized plants, I will be the first to let people know
                            My intent was to be as accurate as possible and not to come off smug, which means looking at it from multiple perspectives.

                            That’s my findings, that’s it, that’s all. It was evident to me that this was a line I wasn’t going to continue with. However if others don’t feel that way, that’s totally fine. To each their own. I just like to inform the public of my personal findings. I felt I was in a unique position to be able to grow them against another line. Let alone something like more than a pack worth of females of each.
                            Mother of Berry x Blue Durban-Chitral
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=329624

                            Comment


                              quote

                              Dedicated students of Indica bloodlines often refer to these varieties as ‘Afghanica’
                              when speaking of their favourites and as ‘hash plants’
                              when talking generally of the strains found across India, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
                              Many Indica-heads prefer their ganja without a trace of Sativa or Skunk,
                              while some purists will only consume weed or hash that they know to be 100% Cannabis Indica
                              In years past, the most determined Indica-lovers have journeyed all the way to Pakistan,
                              then across the Afghan border into ‘hashish country’
                              — the high reaches of the Hindu Kush between Chitral, Mazar-i-Sharif, down to Kandahar in the south
                              — in search of pure, unaltered local seeds which might be brought home to grow into the Afghanica of their dreams.


                              --ss

                              some of my favorite strains have been "hybrids" (landraces mixed)
                              send the samples in to phylos.

                              colinas looks legit
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=2795

                              Tom Hills Deep Chunk Description

                              This unique broadleaf from Afghanistan was introduced to Northern California in the latter part of the 1970's.
                              A fast flowering plant with thick stems, short internodes, and excellent resin production of the highest quality.
                              The smoke is thick and full-bodied. Flavors range from skunk to Hashy pine, from grapefruit, to chocolate, to coffee.
                              Deep Chunk breeds true for many traits and has earned a solid reputation as a valuable tool in many breeding programs.
                              Type: Pure Indica
                              Flowering Indoor: 56 days
                              Harvestin Outdoor: September
                              Yield: low-average


                              I think its been said the hashplant pheno is 1/100
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?a...ictureid=34493

                              spend some time searching those lines

                              pictures are amazing
                              Last edited by acespicoli; 11-26-2020, 14:29. Reason: :D
                              "if" the biggest small word in the dictionary

                              Comment


                                Monkeyballs male from hazeman.
                                Also Purple indica also from hazeman has similar looking phenos coincidence?....

                                Monkey balls has a nice old time afghan theme, but hates PNW weather and doesnt purple. Botrytis is almost certain in late OCT...outside it needs Arizona/new mexico type weather.

                                (+)(-)

                                N2→ NH4+ → NO2- → NO3-

                                http://www.scribd.com/doc/100469728/...Microorganisms
                                http://astro.unl.edu/classaction/ani...sexplorer.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X