What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

need4weed

Veteran
@pipeline I grabbed a pack too as csi has a good rep. It's been 10 years since ce I last grew her. Wasn't that impressed mainly due to the serious lack of yield. But as a hobby breeder I know it has the fire for outcrossing. It rarely comes on the market and can mostly be collected through swaps. There are a few that advertise it but I've been a skeptic due to the pics and some reports. When I had it last, it was a pure black plant once flowered

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats awesome, glad to hear you got a pack, and that they are reputable. I wasn't really sure when I placed the order. :smoke:

Trying to find some outdoor grow logs of DC.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it pretty good potency then with the pure afghan indica profile? Any other notes on the smoke/ effect?

Tom talked about the line a lot and said it was his favorite. (edited after listening)

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
It was a long time ago, but potency was right up there, a big wave of euphoria before settling into a heavy indica stone. A complex indica buzz

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@pipeline I grabbed a pack too as csi has a good rep. It's been 10 years since ce I last grew her. Wasn't that impressed mainly due to the serious lack of yield. But as a hobby breeder I know it has the fire for outcrossing. It rarely comes on the market and can mostly be collected through swaps. There are a few that advertise it but I've been a skeptic due to the pics and some reports. When I had it last, it was a pure black plant once flowered

Any plans for breeding with it? What are you going to outcross with?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was a long time ago, but potency was right up there, a big wave of euphoria before settling into a heavy indica stone. A complex indica buzz

Sounds similar to the DC hybrid line I've been working. Can't wait to try it. Any flavors stand out?

need4weed

Veteran
Sounds similar to the DC hybrid line I've been working. Can't wait to try it. Any flavors stand out?
I don't really remember tbf, a long time ago. I just remember growing it along side dr greenthumbs big purps, which also turned completely black and was actually a lot more resinous. I fell in love with that plant, probably the moat outstanding indica I smoked. Quality was unbelievable. I made seeds and crosses with the DC but unfortunately I'm not having any luck with germination

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome! Should be some great hybrids with that lineup!

Williams wonder it says can't be grown outdoors without inducing flowering. Is that true? Wonder what the hybrid will do, maybe it will become a Williams Wonder that can be grown and harvested outdoor without being induced by light deprivation.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
#TBT throw back thursday 🤣 aint seen that for awhile
which one is the strain from the mountains that have to be light dep induced outdoor
View attachment 18787776 yup been awhile ole skool bro
yeah now I remember the story it takes such little light due to these evolving in a mountanious valley
that never sees the light of day like a cloud forest wayup in the mountains.

Nice post (y) solid choice for a real indica
two experienced smokers cant finish a joint !
From the whos got the best afghan thread.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

DC 2004 :)

Tom and Raco are friends, he mentioned Raco in the potcast recently. This is the 04 DC so the reproduction may be pretty close to this pheno. Looks like great indica flowers, interesting stout indica structure. Looks like it can yield well from what I've seen. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In Tom Hill's interview on The Potcast he said the it was the 04 DC that won the cannabis cup that year! It was 2 select plants out of 50.

Deep Chunk was a line from seeded afghan herb that someone imported and it sold for 5000/ pound!

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure but the Humboldt CSI reproduction is regular seed and may be closer to original. Tom is friends with CSI and they are out of Northern CA.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Listened to The Potcast with Tom Hill again and he did talk about Deep Chunk a lot and said it was his favorite. I hadn't listened that closely to the entire podcast.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Little monkey balls. Haha. Looks like good indica flowers that are dense with resin.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, Tom was asked if his stock was available anywhere, and he said his friends and lots of people have done reproductions. That would be more representative of all the phenotypes than a feminized seed, but what you have is probably good. Who is Verdant Green?