What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kaiki's Panama cut x DC vintage 2004 F1 :)

1644800102266.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing guys! Deep Chunk is such an interesting plant. Looks like a lot of resin. The flowers on some individuals burn forever. Thats why we call it Deep Chunk. :smoke:

Glad you got some of those Hammerhead! Curious how those will look when they grow. I thought about getting some DC seeds and using that for pollen next year. Need to jump on it when I see they're available. I think Tom Hill Seeds DC was available a few months ago on Realguerillaseeds or seed boutique. :smoke:

Doing a long term project with a DC hybrid population. Trying to identify the DC dominant characteristics to do selective breeding to bring it back to a more DC dominant plant. :smoke:

full

one of the males, this is the choice indica dominant male. Get some more pics up soon

full

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Doing a long term project with a DC hybrid population. Trying to identify the DC dominant characteristics to do selective breeding to bring it back to a more DC dominant plant." :smoke:

@pipeline

Make F1 hybrids...use DC males and females and take note...select

Make f2 Seeds ....grow as many as you can...pay a lot of attention and select

Example:

DC x Hz f2.. open pollination...both sides of the spectrum...
1643488817305 (1).jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are not f2s...just DC x DC = DC...unless they are DC hybrids

I just noticed this reply.. The F2 generation is the result of a cross between two F1 individuals. DC F1 x DC F1= DC F2 or am I missing something?. I understand the hybrid part. I can't find anything that says it has to be a hybrid for the filial to change. Is there something you can recommend I read about that? All I can find is that When we cross two F1 individuals (whether landraces, hybrid or polyhybrid varieties), we obtain the second filial generation or F2, and so on with the next generations, F3, F4, etc. The second filial generation often gives a more heterogeneous offspring than the F1

When selecting plants in the f1 generation I look for traits I like. Breeding those F1 female selections with the f1 male selections makes an F2. Those F2 filial traits I selected should be present more often as long as its not a poly. Keep doing this in ea Filial generation until I'm satisfied.

Last edited:

acespicoli

When displaying crossings between two parental organisms, the resulting offspring are referred to as F1. If those offspring are crossed between themselves, the resulting generation is called F2. If two individuals of the F2 generation are crossed, they produce the F3 generation.

An F1 hybrid (also known as filial 1 hybrid) is the first filial generation of offspring of distinctly different parental types.[1] F1 hybrids are used in genetics, and in selective breeding, where the term F1 crossbreed may be used. The term is sometimes written with a subscript, as F1 hybrid.[2][3] Subsequent generations are called F2, F3, etc.
1664680919742.png

The offspring of distinctly different parental types produce a new, uniform phenotype with a combination of characteristics from the parents. In fish breeding, those parents frequently are two closely related fish species, while in plant and animal breeding, the parents often are two inbred lines.

Inbred strains (also called inbred lines, or rarely for animals linear animals) are individuals of a particular species which are nearly identical to each other in genotype due to long inbreeding. A strain is inbred when it has undergone at least 20 generations of brother x sister or offspring x parent mating, at which point at least 98.6% of the loci in an individual of the strain will be homozygous, and each individual can be treated effectively as clones.
1664681252723.png
1664681063962.png

Some inbred strains have been bred for over 150 generations, leaving individuals in the population to be isogenic in nature.[1] Inbred strains of animals are frequently used in laboratories for experiments where for the reproducibility of conclusions all the test animals should be as similar as possible. However, for some experiments, genetic diversity in the test population may be desired. Thus outbred strains of most laboratory animals are also available, where an outbred strain is a strain of an organism that is effectively wildtype in nature, where there is as little inbreeding as possible.

DC=IBL (of the unknown gen)
another new generation would be a reproduction of TH DC IBL
1st 2nd generation removed from TH DC ?

Attachments

• 1664680895864.png
    1664680895864.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When displaying crossings between two parental organisms, the resulting offspring are referred to as F1. If those offspring are crossed between themselves, the resulting generation is called F2. If two individuals of the F2 generation are crossed, they produce the F3 generation.

An F1 hybrid (also known as filial 1 hybrid) is the first filial generation of offspring of distinctly different parental types.[1] F1 hybrids are used in genetics, and in selective breeding, where the term F1 crossbreed may be used. The term is sometimes written with a subscript, as F1 hybrid.[2][3] Subsequent generations are called F2, F3, etc.
View attachment 18764014

The offspring of distinctly different parental types produce a new, uniform phenotype with a combination of characteristics from the parents. In fish breeding, those parents frequently are two closely related fish species, while in plant and animal breeding, the parents often are two inbred lines.

Inbred strains (also called inbred lines, or rarely for animals linear animals) are individuals of a particular species which are nearly identical to each other in genotype due to long inbreeding. A strain is inbred when it has undergone at least 20 generations of brother x sister or offspring x parent mating, at which point at least 98.6% of the loci in an individual of the strain will be homozygous, and each individual can be treated effectively as clones.
View attachment 18764019 View attachment 18764016

Some inbred strains have been bred for over 150 generations, leaving individuals in the population to be isogenic in nature.[1] Inbred strains of animals are frequently used in laboratories for experiments where for the reproducibility of conclusions all the test animals should be as similar as possible. However, for some experiments, genetic diversity in the test population may be desired. Thus outbred strains of most laboratory animals are also available, where an outbred strain is a strain of an organism that is effectively wildtype in nature, where there is as little inbreeding as possible.

DC=IBL (of the unknown gen)
another new generation would be a reproduction of TH DC IBL
1st 2nd generation removed from TH DC ?

I was confused when he said MB wasn't an f2 unless it's a hybrid. I've read a lot of books on this. As far as I know, it's not a hybrid.. From what I've read poly hybrids are less heterogeneous than a hybrid. Whenever possible use hybrids or landrace.

This is Seedsman MB description
HazeMan had some DC F1 seeds to make this DC F2 giveaway of Tom Hills creation. The effect is very strong and long lasting. The yield of this plant is very high. Expect the flowering time to be anywhere from 54 to 64 days. This is another old Classic brought back just for the holidays.

Last edited:

acespicoli

im no biologist, but im pretty sure TH started with 13 DC seeds (P generation) found in some hash.
From this he selected for plants that grew well in guerrilla grows under the canopy of trees. F1
With the hash plant "pheno" being the prize,and its been said DC makes prize wining hash. F2 etc

Tom Hills Deep Chunk Description​

Logo Tom Hill Tom Hill Deep Chunk
This unique broadleaf from Afghanistan was introduced to Northern California in the latter part of the 1970's. (IBL after 20 generations) A fast flowering plant with thick stems, short internodes, and excellent resin production of the highest quality. The smoke is thick and full-bodied. Flavors range from skunk to Hashy pine, from grapefruit, to chocolate, to coffee.

Deep Chunk breeds true for many traits and has earned a solid reputation as a valuable tool in many breeding programs.
Type: Pure Indica
Flowering Indoor: 56 days
Harvestin Outdoor: September
Yield: low-average

• To determine if a plant is homozgous or heterzygous for a dominant trait, self-pollinate the plant, plant the seed in progeny rows and observe the offspring phenotypes and their ratios. Homozygous plants will be truebreeding with all offspring expressing the trait. Heterozygous plants will have mixed offspring.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

This ^^ is the mother of Panama x DC F1

After that, Kaiki made DC (f) x Panama P1 reversed pollen....
So are the Panama from Cannabiogen and Ace pretty much one in the same? I wanted to try the cannabiogen version but theyre always out of stock when i get online. I know the Panama from Ace i grew was outstanding in every way