What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sourbubble crosses

raygun

Ok so I wanted to post my Sourbubble crosses that I have made and have a place to reference other peoples sourbubble crosses to see what the Sourbubble delivers to the pacakge from a wider range of growers and not just what I have seen.

Please include what version of Sourbubble you used for your cross along with some picts. I would like to have this be more of a pict thread if possible as a pict says 1000 words.
If you could include picts of both parents and the offsring.

Ok I'll start, Here is what I have done with picts.
(Sourbubble BX1-F(from bog) x Petrol-M(Rez)) X Sourbubble BX1-F(from bog)

Here is what the SB bx1 mother looked like:
The color comes from an extended flush and cooler night time temps.

Here is my Back cross at day 52 and is more like the mother that the others.

This is another seedling that is heavily indica leaning. This is the development I am looking for in a male to proceed.

These are 2 other phenos from the same back cross, the last 2 are the same plant just from different angles. I have yet to smoke any of these properly. I have taken some under developed popcorn buds from all 3 phenos to smoke along the way and they all got me stoned and had a decent taste on exhale but still tasted and smelled green. The burnt smell of that 1st one (the more indica/sourbubble leaning one) smells just like that of the mother when burnt.

They are nice but not what I was after. They stretched about .5-1 times more than the 1st one and the buds are more hybrid like. So far with my back cross I have seen 25% of the offspring be similar to the mother. I am hoping that with some selective breeding I can get that # closer to 75%+. I like the rare resessive freak every now and then, it keeps things interesting.

I also have some Sourbubble BX1-F(from bog) x Petrol-M(Rez) F1's and F2's and will be working on some (Sourbubble BX1-F(from bog) x Petrol-M(Rez)) X Sourbubble BX1-F(from bog) F2's but will be more selective with the future crosses expecially with regards to the males and indica growth and flowering patterns. Unfortunalty I have no picts of the others at this point in time but as I pop more beans looking for specimens I'll keep posting them here.

Please share what you have. Smoke reports are welcome too as the effect is just as if not more important than anything else.
Thanks for stoping by and sharing.
~raygun~

P

Peat

Hey raygun,

You're a tough act to follow! :respect:

---------------------------------------------
"Sour Rhino" (NRS White Rhino x BOG Sour Bubble bx3)

I've only run a handfull. Some are sour and dense. Some are hashy and fluffy.
Most give a strong stone. But, it seems a bit short lived.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Sour Grapes" (BOG SBbx3 x DJS Grape Krush)

I haven't tested any, yet. But, I do have some parent pics...

Sour Bubble and Grape Krush

Sour Bubble female

Grape Krush male

Last edited:

raygun

Very nice Peat! that huge leaf with one blade coming out of the middle is something that I have had on my original sourbubble seed plants.
Its a crazy sight to see that is for sure!!!

The Sour Rhino looks to have improved in yield from the sour bubble but is still frosty as can be. To bad about the stone though. It may just be that pheno
The Sour Grapes sounds great!

Thanks for sharing Peat! Keep up the good work!
keep the picts and comments coming every one.

~raygun~

i got some sour bubble seeds from bog that a friend gave me a couple weeks ago. I only have 2 and im hoping one is a female. there both growing now. I really like making my own crosses too so maybe i'll cross it with one of the other strains im growing right now. I currently have cheese, lifesaver, strawberry cough, sweettooth, and speed queen. Maybe SourStrawberry Cough or Bubbletooth??

raygun

Floppy - Nice gift man! those crosses sound great! You could even do a cheese bubble anc call it fondu :yummy:

G

Hey raygun

I bought 2 packs of sb several years ago and just put my first cracked seeds into soil this morning. I only have 20 seeds but all but 2 have cracked.
I am hoping to follow 2 paths

1 inbreeding. 18 plants aint much but im hoping to find a good male and female.

2. Cross breeding. 2 lines...

I want to cross it with a c99 cut a friend possess that is unreal.
I want to cross,(and backcross if necessary), it with some haze pollen for some sour haze.

raygun, im hoping you wont object to my checking in here from time to time to ask you to advise me and to gain your input regaurding pheno's and selection. I could use the advice of someone experienced in the effort.

Any pre-project advice?

Edit; ps Im sure its somewhat dependent upon the dominance capacity of both parents, but regaurding dominance, how do sb's genes fit with other strians? Total dominace, good blend, cant tell its in there?
What's your sense of dominance and influence in the cross raygun?

Last edited:

raygun

RR- Thanks! It has been a while. Life happens but I am back. You should check out my perpetual coco thread.

Get Mo- Please take a seat I hope it is interesting.

Silverback - You are shittin me right?!?! You got 2 packs, lucky (in a Napoleon Dynamite voice) What version are they? I got the BX1's when they were first released for like $50 at auction. Best deal I have purchased for seeds ever.

I too am kinda going in that direction but a little differently. As I have been growing these plants out, F1's, F2's, BX1's ect. I have found the ones I initially started this for, The sourbubble pheno. I also have found some decent Hybrids that bring something different to the table. Weather it be more yield, a good funky smell, a growth pattern ect. I think that I will be taking my project in 2 lines as well with one being trying to preserve my sourbubble pheno type in seed form; the other will be where some of those funky hybrids take me.

Your SB X C99 should be exquisite and a fast SOB to finish. On that note,

I believe that SB should finish in 55-60 days, 60-65 days if you want to be chained to your couch and Valium like properties, NO LONGER. If you have to take your SB to 65+ days you are missing the point. Its supposed to be a fast kick ass killer indica, if you flower past 65 might as well grow some sativa hybrid. (notice I said if you have to, as in its not finished). I remember BOG stating it in a thread a long time ago.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=13368&page=3&pp=15 post #33

This is an open thread for any and all who are growing sourbubble crosses. I was hoping that it would help people with pursuing this plant and its crosses find how the traits blend. What is a common dominant, What is a common recessive. Those type of things.

As far as your questions go those are things that I hope come up in this thread.

how do sb's genes fit with other strians?
they seem to blend quite well but I'm truly thinking that it is more recessive for the "sourbubble" trait, remember its a heavily indica sided bubblegum based plant line so that bubblegum trait is in there.

Total dominace, good blend, cant tell its in there?
You can tell its influence in any cross, as I said above it blends well and seems to add frost, nug denseness, HUGE fan leaves and seems to shorten flowing times.

What's your sense of dominance and influence in the cross raygun?
See above for my thoughts.

Here are some Picts of the other Phenos:

This is the bubblegum leaning pheno. It's a crappy pict and I did not get another one before the chop. Its haning now. This top bud is the size of a soft ball and ended up just about as dense as the SB pheno buds did. the finished product upon harvest impressed me more than the plant did while growing.

This is one bud I left on the Sourbubble Pheno to "ripen" the sour D in the cross has extended the flowering time of my SB by about 10 days.

This is a Sour D leaning Pheno:
The buds grow like SD but are dense and cluster like SB. the main cola on this plant is probably 18" and i can not wrap my had around it. Almost the same size as one of those smart waters.

I have a full grow report on these in my perpetual coco thread in my signature if you wanted to look at that. There are more than just the Sourbubble crosses growing but also some other picts.

Safe Growing
~raygun~

G

Thanks for the help raygun.

Nope, not kiddin. The little bag just says sour bubble although the add on gypsy's site at the time listed them as SBX3, which is what i wanted as I had heard of a seriously potent, narcotic buzz.. Me and a buddy each bought 2 packs at the same time, from seedbotique after hearing that bog wasnt going to be making anymore seeds. Ive had them for several years and thats why ive decided I need to grow them out before they start getting old.

Ive popped one of his packs and one of mine to see if we can find a pair of breeders. Weve saved 2 packs in case we need to cross back to the original. We're hoping to find a decent mother in the group to keep for breeding and growing.

Ill post up some pics once there is something to look at.

Last edited:
P

Peat

That's pretty thorough, raygun. (Where's the "over my head" smilie?)

Someone's been up late, doing their homework...:yes:

How come I feel like, you might know my SBbx3 crosses better than me? :redface:

You've got a great thread started here!

... thinkin' 'bout plantin' sum SBbx3 x GK. :chin:

Last edited:

raygun

Alright here we go again I harvested the other two SBBX's that I had and they are dry now. I did not get any picts of the plants prior to the chop, which I should have, but oh well.

First up is the bubble gum pheno:
This one has a faint smell of bubble gum but it grew more like most bubble gums' that I have seen. The smoke has a faint smell of my SB mother when it was burning. The smoke is thick and smooth and no real distint flavor other than weed, perhaps a little hashish now that it's been cured a little. The high sits between my face and chest if that means anything to you.
When I smoke I find that the stone effects my body like a sliding scale. From spinning the top of my skull all the way down to cement boots on my feet.
I guess it is more of an upitty head stone as it does not make me couch locked but is not motivating for sure....

Next up is the Petrol (Sour D) pheno:
This one smells like the Petrols did, very chemicalish like paint thinner or model glue. Its very pungent and a formitable sent. It had cola growth like the SD but caylix stacked and bud packed like the S.bubble. The stone is similar to the bubblegum pheno more heady than body both give me and my lady major munchies. I ended up letting this clone go and will not be flowering again. The smell was the best thing about it but the stone was short lived and while yes it got me stoned it did not last much more than 30-45 mins.

So where is every one elses Sour Bubble crosses? I know they are out there lets get some more picts of sour bubble X's

Safe Growing
~raygun~ :joint:

Littleleaf

Veteran
Has any one crossed SB with trainwreck?
I crossed SB4 male with a trainwreck. I'm just not yet, in a spot, I can grow them out. Just wondering what to expect.

I only have a pix of the male.Out of 10 seeds only two made it and they were males.(dadburnitbullbisketts)

peace
leaf

mixin

raygun said:
Very nice Peat! that huge leaf with one blade coming out of the middle is something that I have had on my original sourbubble seed plants.
Its a crazy sight to see that is for sure!!!

The Sour Rhino looks to have improved in yield from the sour bubble but is still frosty as can be. To bad about the stone though. It may just be that pheno
The Sour Grapes sounds great!

Thanks for sharing Peat! Keep up the good work!
keep the picts and comments coming every one.

~raygun~

very cool looking fan leaf!!! i can't wait to play with some sour bubble!

G

Greyskull

here's another one...

here's another one...

its sour diesel x sour bubba bx3
my favorte plant... had her about a year.
roots fast (5-7 days in the ezclone), veggs slow (only drga... like bubba kush slow), but is done in 56-58!

She smells like, to quote my boy Zoolander, "like sticking your face in a bag of Sour Diesel". But I think she is a little more astringent and has more "top end" with her aroma. I hate to be all generic with the description, but is OG-like, but it cuts thru more.

Taste wise.... she tastes just like she smells. She packs a gnarly punch to your lungs. But she tastes sooooooo good.

I have a friend who loves playing madded 09. Last time I cropped the sdxsb he got a bag and calls me going "dude I took a bong hit after the kick off and I don't know what happened but its 1st and 35 all of a sudden".
HE GOT FUCKED UP! Another friend of mine (another OG head) said she is his favorite to smoke (over OG) becasue she touches a different part of your head. People & shops that used to ask for OG don't ask for that anymore.

I saw the guy I got her from a few days ago....westart talking about how rad the plant is. And then he hit me with some bullshit - BOG himself gave his brother the 4 seeds at a festival in norcal. I don't know.... I already asked rez about it (he started a the thread about rez & bog doing a cross of sd and sb) ut it seems to be "no" from him.... I'd like to hear form BOG if my homey's story ahve any validity (like maybe bog used a sd iblmale or something????).

Either way, whatever/whoever - THANK YOU FOR MY PLANT!

also sorry for recycling pics..... I could take some new ones but not much difference between week 6 d 5 and week 7 day 1!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SourBubble ?

SourBubble ?

I grew a cpl diff groups of sourbubble seeds. Including a group of sourbubble bx4 that Bog handed me personally. Funny thing about it is once I grew pre98 Bubba I finally found the sourbubble pheno ive been looking for :)

KindBudKid

Littleleaf said:
Has any one crossed SB with trainwreck?
I crossed SB4 male with a trainwreck. I'm just not yet, in a spot, I can grow them out. Just wondering what to expect.

I only have a pix of the male.Out of 10 seeds only two made it and they were males.(dadburnitbullbisketts)

peace
leaf
Somebody has already posted that same pic of that male...

its420

This is just reg sourbubble, but thought ya might like to see her in full purple glory, from this outdoor season.

Latest posts

Latest posts