What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sourbubble crosses

Littleleaf

Veteran
KindBudKid said:
Somebody has already posted that same pic of that male...

Yes I know. I had sent out some pollen because I did not have a female to make seeds with in the hopes of getting a FEW seeds back. I'm sill waiting :badday:. I gave permition to use the pix.
It is deff my pix of sead male. The first time I posted the pick was on TCC under THCstaind.

Would still like to know what the trainwreck cross would look like.
Will be sprouting some in Feb and doing a thread about them.
The male was a tri when it was born.
peace
leaf

raygun

Nice gardens everyone! I just had 3 sourbubble x (C99xgrapefruit from wally) sprout one of them looks like it's not going to make it. I only had 5 seeds from this accidental cross and 4 popped and 3 making it to sproutling.

One thing that I have also noticed is that the Sour Bubble gives every thing I have crossed it to some toughness. The plants are not sensitive at all. I reall could tell when I put my apollos mist fs (my f2, rez orig) x (C99xgrapefruit from wally) [I'm calling them shooting star (SS) for now as it describes the high from the two parents lines] I was loaded up on the nutes as the SB could take anything I threw at her. Sitting between 1.6-1.8 it fried the Shooting Stars and they never fully recovered and the yeild suffered.
But I leared/confirmed that the Sour Bubble and its offspring have that same hardiness and insesitivity.

I got some more picts of the fields and the 4 upcomming SBBX seelings. One is a crazy stout indica that I'm excited about but a little worried as it is just a little to stout. Little thing never stretched at all, just kept the same growth rate and went in to flower... I am planing on keeping her just for the short stature and 0 stretch and see what she brings to the table. The other 3 are very hybrid like and only time will tell what their buds look like.

Its really interesting now that I think about it with my backcross of Sour Bubble and Petrol(an early Sour Diesel incross) is that I am starting to see a very extream distinction in phenos. There are the heavy indica leaning phenos from the bubblegum/sourbubble side of the cross. I mean you would think that it had been bread wiht nothing but indicas for an eternity. Then you have every now and then the polar opposite of that leaning to the Sour Diesel stretch, smell, cola growth you would never think they are from the same seeds. Then right in the middle is a rainbow of hybrids. I think that I would be fairly stoked with the outcome of a 12 pack of seeds. A little somthing for every one.

Any one else notice any traits passed on, dominant or recessive with the Sourbubble?

its420

If i have Sour Bubble pollen what strains of females shall i dust it on? Suggestions for potency and production, function over fashion. Also have purple urkle bag seed pollen i need sugg. for
thanks, salivating just thinkin of it
peace

raygun

Here are some more of my sourbubble back cross. They are labbled SBBX for short. First up is the SBBX #6 the most colorful of the batch so far. Fairly standard hybrid growth.

picture.php

View image in gallery

Then there is SBBX#5 a little more density with the buds and did not want to branch. I did not like the smoke all that much on this one so I will be flowering out the clone I kept for back up and she is done for.

This is SBBX #7. Super dense very sourbubble influenced with the smoke. I will be using this one as part of my project.

I have one more that I just finished harvesting from seed and it is way more fuel/glue/skunky smell. Now I got to just pop some more seeds to see what I can find.
So far with my BX out of 20 seeds poped I got 9 females and out of those 9 females I will be keeping 3-4 of them for continuing the project. If I was not looking for somthing specific I would have been happy with most of what I got and still would have kept 3-4 of the gals for future testing before eliminations occured. I still have yet to find that replacement for my original sourbubble mother but I still have hundreds of seeds to sprout and more generations to make.

Hope you enjoy
~raygun~

RussCargill

Well I havent of yet made an SB crosses. I do have a single SB BX3 female. She has a very distinct lemon flavor to her. The Calyxes on this pheno turn a deep purple. I havent pushed the temps to see what would really happen to her yet. If I get a male Sadhu on my three seedling I will hit the SB with that. Also since I dont have an SB BX3 male I am going to start my own incrossing of SB BX3 to any Bubblegum male that I get from those seedlings.

G

Im crossing the SB that ive chosen with Black Domina. The reason is because the 2 plants are identical in appearance, leaf overlap, puple branching, you cant tell them apart except for vigor, which the domina male has. Im hoping for the best.

W

Weedman Herb

Do I have to be the crosser of said SB? Cause I have a few Xs with a Fine BX1 stud but they are not Mine except in the fact that I own the seeds (them being Gifts from the "breeder")? I'm surprised this slipped by the people Babba ... very astute observation.
I grew a cpl diff groups of sourbubble seeds. Including a group of sourbubble bx4 that Bog handed me personally. Funny thing about it is once I grew pre98 Bubba I finally found the sourbubble pheno ive been looking for :)

Me too. Indeed! It is kinda funny ... now that you mention it ... (as Herb wanders off chuckling)

Grizz

Veteran
its sour diesel x sour bubba bx3
my favorte plant... had her about a year.
roots fast (5-7 days in the ezclone), veggs slow (only drga... like bubba kush slow), but is done in 56-58!

She smells like, to quote my boy Zoolander, "like sticking your face in a bag of Sour Diesel". But I think she is a little more astringent and has more "top end" with her aroma. I hate to be all generic with the description, but is OG-like, but it cuts thru more.

Taste wise.... she tastes just like she smells. She packs a gnarly punch to your lungs. But she tastes sooooooo good.

I have a friend who loves playing madded 09. Last time I cropped the sdxsb he got a bag and calls me going "dude I took a bong hit after the kick off and I don't know what happened but its 1st and 35 all of a sudden".
HE GOT FUCKED UP! Another friend of mine (another OG head) said she is his favorite to smoke (over OG) becasue she touches a different part of your head. People & shops that used to ask for OG don't ask for that anymore.

I saw the guy I got her from a few days ago....westart talking about how rad the plant is. And then he hit me with some bullshit - BOG himself gave his brother the 4 seeds at a festival in norcal. I don't know.... I already asked rez about it (he started a the thread about rez & bog doing a cross of sd and sb) ut it seems to be "no" from him.... I'd like to hear form BOG if my homey's story ahve any validity (like maybe bog used a sd iblmale or something????).

Either way, whatever/whoever - THANK YOU FOR MY PLANT!

also sorry for recycling pics..... I could take some new ones but not much difference between week 6 d 5 and week 7 day 1!
WORD. sampled some, its all that and more. really to strong for a casual smoker like me.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour Rhino.. pleasant earthy berry smell,nice plant structure.The smoke test gets closer and closer with each impending day of frost.....

Attachments

• SourRhino.jpg
    SourRhino.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 23

raygun

Do I have to be the crosser of said SB? Cause I have a few Xs with a Fine BX1 stud but they are not Mine except in the fact that I own the seeds (them being Gifts from the "breeder")?

Not at all they are all welcome. Please post your picts.

I'm surprised this slipped by the people Babba ... very astute observation.Me too. Indeed! It is kinda funny ... now t hat you mention it ... (as Herb wanders off chuckling)
I noticed but I'm hoping to keep the "it's a bubba cross" "its not a bubba" out of this.

CC good to see you here.

Here are some more picts from a recent harvest of my crosses. I started some of the inital outcross with the petrol I did so will have some of those in a few months.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a (sour bubble dom) sour rhino on the first run ,frost halted,vert growth stopped.Heavily pollinated with a mm grape crush f2 male.

I smoked some last nite ,its sweeter than the sour bubble bx2 X Bx3,ive been smoking .Im really starting to get spoiled,For Real ,i better stop smoking soon ,cause i think im becomming a heavy toker ,with all these different insane tastes,flavors,highs...

Attachments

• HOG 16 11 12 0003
    HOG 16 11 12 0003
    118.5 KB · Views: 39

raygun

Nice ladies every one!
That Sour Dubble looks so good.

For those of you looking to make a sourbubble x c99 take a look at what you are in for!

Here is my sour bubble crossed to wallys Grapefruit x C99. This was just transfered out of a 16 oz party cup that it would suck up all of the water in the coco daily and I transplanted it to this 3x3x4 container about a week before this picture. It should have been transplanted weeks ago but I had to stunt its growth as I had no room for it in my flower cab. Its vigor is amazing!:yoinks:
picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery

Don't remember how long its been in veg but its from seed. It was put in to flower shortly after this picture and I'm fairly sure its a female from the pre-flowers so unless it hermies on me I'm stoked!:woohoo:

G

Greyskull

dude you are working hard my man raygun working hard!

the ladies are looking mighty fine!

O.G.#1

SourBubble has always been one ive wanted to try and after all this time ive still yet to smoke or grow one, is there a certain clone to look for thats been sourced?

Caligreen that SourDubble looks fucking tits brother! You still rocking her? assuming you still re from the looks of that bad mamma jamma!

O.G.#1

Yupp, fell out of the seed poping game as some times it was a toss up being either good or crap and into the cloning game as there were proven elites, hence why i still have beans from awhile back. :D Now im a bean and clone man

I got my fingers X'ed :D cause that shit right der :yeahthats , that shit right der :yeahthats , that shit right der :yeahthats looks like some tripple F brother!

Fucking Fumar Fuego! ( Fire Smoke ) God im such a typical gringo lol

Latest posts

Latest posts