What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

a question about males/pollen?

G

ok i have pollenated b4 but am trying a new method mainly as my fem has about 3-4 more weeks b4 she is ready for sex and my man is ready now (up till now i have re-cloned my dudes untill me ladies are ready but i have no more room in my veg box so thats not an option) but as i have a while i am going to try sniping off a couple of flowering branches and keeping them alive in a glass of water on a window colecting pollen till my lady has her make-up on;) has anyone tryed this b4? any tips?
what i would like to know if anyone can help me is will the dude stay alive for 3-4 weeks in this fashion?, do i need to put any food in its water?
any other ideas on how i can keep my man producing his seed till i need him would be great coz i dont want the whole plant on the window shooting everywhere for the next 3-4 weeks and i prefer fresh pollen?
any ideas?
thanx:D

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use cotton swabs to collect pollen, then simply bag it (plastic) and refrigerate it until your girls are ready. When you pollenate all you have to do is remove the swab and tap it to get the pollen to fall onto your pistils ;)
cu
cc

G

thanx cc

thanx cc

thanx cc, as i said i have pollenated b4 and thats how i do it with the q-tip and that,
but i dont want to fridge it as i prefer fresh pollen so im lookin for a way of keeping my man producing untill im ready without leaving it shooting its load for the next 3-4 weeks. something like the "clip a branch off and keep it alive on the window" method
but thanx for ya time anyway
anyone else??

Last edited:

ezozo

where you put your male ?
I like to take some pollen, I have one in my flowering room he is not realy have balls yet, but I need to do something, I don't have a third room :(

do you guys have heard about puting bag on the male flowers in the flowering room ?

thanks,
zozo

You can clip the top and root it like a clone. As soon as you have some good roots, put it into flower.
I've had some good luck that way when space is limited for a male.
It works best, when done as soon as you 'id' it as male.

You might be able to have the pollen you want in the time frame your looking for.

peace

ezozo

Hi SlackerScrog thanks, but my problem is where to put it.
I have a clone from the male ! so it's small but I can't put it with the ladys :rolleyes:
I heard that some grower put a plastic bag on the male or something. I like to know if someone try that ?

thanks,
zozo

The problem with the plastic bag is; even if you build a frame of some sort to keep it up off the leaves, you will still have to exchange air once in awhile, thus taking chance of pollenating whole room.
A 'rubbermaid' tub , box or bottom of closet with compact florals will work.

ezozo

Thanks SS, it's a problem for me to build a anther box :(
but the clone can stay small maybe I will put it on the balcony and let him stay small .... maybe for me it's better

sorry DivineComedy, but I thought it's related
anyway thanks,
zozo

Last edited: