• Show
Clear All

• jtk707
    replied
    Sweet setup thanks for the nice thread and all the info

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    Well I've seen some sugar leaves twisting, but not really as a general trait for any of my phenos.

Leave a comment:

• abirdintheair
    replied
    hey blackone, can i ask ya a quick question in regards to your swt#3 phenos? did you happen to have any whos sugar leaves around the buds would twist sideways? i have a swt#3 that does this and smells like coffee/cocoa and was wondering if youve seen it before.

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    Thanks - just too bad it doesn't smell like strawberries when cured;p But I love having different phenoes and strains.

Leave a comment:

• Military
    replied
    very nice grow man :P Lots the different phenos you got going there. That strawberry one sounds yummy yummy for sure :P

Ima gona go stop by your round 2 ;P now

SMOKE ON

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    Yeah it is very tasty Although I have tried more potent strains this is also pretty strong stuff.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Blackone - Looks like a very tasty harvest i wish i had it lol

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    Thanks for the comments.
    @gdawg - can't blame you for having a life man, after all that's what it's all about. Can't smoke weed and sit in front of the computer the whole time can you?

@Dankster You're welcome to keep lurking in my current grow, see my signature for the link

I'm starting the tasting rounds, and so far it looks good.
    It got 4-6 days of drying time (depending on when I felt it was ready) and almost 2 weeks of cure. So far everything tastes good and stones good.
    I've smoked a little without much system - this didn't help me in testing the phenos so I'm doing it a little more systematically.
    My "standard" dose for potency is 5 nicely sized calyxes from one of the frostiest buds, smoked in a handrolled cigarette with tobacco for a good, complete burn. I'm a light smoker with little tolerance so I rarely smoke an amount of bud that's big enough to burn easily in a straight joint.
    So far AK48 and Swt#3 pheno 3(citrus) have been tested like this. Both get me where I wanna be with the test amount. The AK48 might be slightly more potent - not sure yet - but definitely more "up". I think I actually prefer the AK48 high - it has a euphoric feeling that swt#3 lacks a little, but with the euphoria comes the racy feeling and paranoia - although at balanced and acceptable levels.
    Sweet tooth isn't totally couch lock either, and isn't without euphoria so the jury is still out - it might also be because I was watching a nice movie when I tested the AK.

As for smell, aroma, taste. I can't really tell yet, but so far the Swt#3 citrus pheno is a clear winner in the smell department. The smell of the bag has a slight citrus, but when broken up it becomes a lot more distinct - definitely a strong citrus, somewhere between lemon and grapefruit. The taste seems nice although a little generic. I have to try a larger pure amount to see if the citrus is really there.
    The AK48 bag really smells like fart - not a very pleasant smell, but not overpoweringly strong either. When broken up it becomes sweeter and more piney - all of a sudden surprisingly pleasant. The taste of the smoke is really nice, and really shines in a small pure bonghit - a sweet skunk/indoor taste, with almost zero harshness (but then again I smoked pure calyxes). I have yet to try a pure joint of it, but I haven't had the urge to get stoned out of my mind yet (since that scissor hash of AK48 I had when trimming - whew - it really blew me away).
    Dunno if I should continue in this thread as I go on tasting or make a smoke report thread when it's had a better cure.
    Last edited by blackone; 12-28-2007, 01:07.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hey blackone nice harvest man. i been out and about livin and just caught up with your thread. you keepin any swt3's? i poppin a pack tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Dankster
    replied
    I've been lurking in the weeds following your thread for a while, Blackone.

Great work.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm really looking forward to your post-cure smoke reports.

Much respect.

D

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    It seems like my yield is around 300 grams - I'm not quite sure, might be less since they'll probably also lose a little weight curing.
    I started making kif from some of the trim - it's pretty green but I think it also contains a nice amount of trichomes - I'm tempted to try it but I also have to test-smoke my 4 phenos and the kif will probably devastate me Perhaps just a micro-hit from the bong;p

The aroma is coming back now that the buds are curing.
    Pheno 1 is still a little generic, but doing a lot better.
    Pheno 2 - my "bubblegum" pheno is showing a sweet smell again. A little like bubblegum but more like a really satisfying sweet smell that seems familiar but I can't say what it is...
    Pheno 3 - the citrus pheno. The citrusy smell is there, sometimes more to the lemon side but other times there is a distinct sweet pink grapefruit smell - yay
    Pheno 4 - my strawberry pheno. I can't smell anything remotely like strawberry any more, but it does have a nice sweet smell. Perhaps it will get better as it finishes curing but I doubt that the strawberry will come back,
    AK48 F2 - not a very pleasant odour, a little like poo... I hope it improves with a cure By far the most resiny one I have though, with large trichomes and very large calyxes - those might be the result of it's weird growth pattern though.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by blackone
    when stems bend in a "snappy" way (before they actually snap) and the buds feel dry

This is acctually very important to add flavour to the buds!
    They have to contain some humidity and not beeing completely dried when starting to cure...
    Last edited by guest101; 12-14-2007, 05:56.

Leave a comment:

• lc00p4
    replied
    hell yeah blackie!

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    I thought I would just show you the buds of my freak AK48 plants. I don't know if I explained earlier how I took these as clones from outside plants and that they started budding when they rooted. After I put them in flower they started shooting out reveg leaves and grew into some strange, spindly creatures. Here are some buds from those - I was surprised to see that I actually got 32 grams from 4 plants. I thought it would be less because the stuff is so airy.

Here is how I cure the stuff - when stems bend in a "snappy" way (before they actually snap) and the buds feel dry I cut off the buds and put them in plastic bags. I adjust how open those bags are by my feeling of how much moisture is still left in the buds, and also by how full the bags are as air needs to get to the lower buds. Sometimes I move the buds gently and suck out the air so it can be replenished by fresh air. When I get to the point where I can't sense moisture any more I'll close the bags and check them every day - burp them if I the air inside smells moist or green. I hope this will do the trick as I don't have any jars.
    The stems and leaves in the front is just trim.

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    Yeah a lot of work, but not enough;p But thanks anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X