What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

swt #3 soil grow

blackone

Veteran
Day 1 12/12 (yesterday)

Day 1 12/12 (yesterday)

I started flowering yesterday but I couldn't upload pics.
Here are my plants 2 days ago - still 18/6:

177811014001.jpg

And this is from yesterday - I can't believe the difference a day makes:

17781DSC00067.JPG

blackone

Veteran
Day 2 12/12

Day 2 12/12

No pictures this time - plants are stretching already but I think I'll wait a couple of days so you can really see the difference.
Some of the clones I took 8 days ago have already started rooting - this is quite a bit faster than before but I also made them 1 node bigger than the last time, and I made sure their feet aren't cold. I also misted them every day for the first 3 days and kept the cover on for 4-5 days. Last thing I did different was to make sure that clones were taken from the lower parts of the plants. People are reporting that these root better and I can only agree - in my last batches of clones it was also cuts from the lower parts that rooted the fastest.
I have 8 weeks or so before I need a new batch of clones ready to be flowered so that should give me quite a bit of time to mom up the clones I have now and take cuts. If I have to then I'll wait the next round to make sure I have enough clones of a nice size with a good root system before I flower them. Of course my smallest clones could still surprise me - I'l wait and see how they turn out before I decide on veg time.

I'm already seriously considering making a second closet. If I do then it's probably gonna be an ebb/flow HD-SOG with a 250W hps. Something like 28 plants in a 60*100 cm area. First flowering will probably be AK-48 clones so I don't have to wait too long but eventually I want to try "enough! bubbles", a bubblegum by a Danish breeder that has shown very very promising results in the hands of other growers.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Dammit - I woke up this morning to see that the timer never turned off. This is the second timer that died on me but thankfully I ordered an omnirex that should be getting here soon.
Also I think my lone skunk #1 might be a male. I'll probably know later today - I'll replace it with another clone I think.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Skunk #1 was confirmed male and replaced with a swt #3 clone that had a nice root system and some good growth. I'm sad I won't be tasting the original this time but maybe I'll grow it again. I still have one runt growing of skunk #1 that might pull through with a little luck. One of my Swt#3 was also a very small runt in the start but it turned out to be a very beautiful female and actually caught up with the others.

steve green

Good farming blackone,things are looking great :wave:
ive been watching since the start--keep it up bro
you will soon enjoy some nice smoke :rasta:

blackone

Veteran
Thanks Steve - yeah it's starting to look ok over here.
Most of the clones I'll make mothers from have rooted now. I think I'll have plenty of clones for the next round so that's a good thing. I'll get some pics done in the weekend - the little ones are growing ok.
Got myself a new timer but I need a special plug to make it work. Got one on another cord so I'll have to change things around a little.

Last edited:
G

gdawg

just had to pick up my 2nd pack of swt3 on the bays weekend special. can't wait to grow em out in coco, lookin good blackone

blackone

Veteran
I'm also considering coco, slabs with drippers since I'm getting tired of handwatering. I can't reach to water the innermost pots without spilling so I have to pull some pots out - it sucks.
Please document your grow - I would love to see them in coco. What about the 1st pack, did you already grow that?

blackone

Veteran
1 week 12/12

1 week 12/12

Here we are at 1 week. All of the plants are doing ok and growing along. I only have 2-3 clones that are unsatisfactory because they didn't weren't rooted enough before going in but only 2 of those are really small. 1 of them is the clone that got put in a couple of days into 12/12 to replace my skunk #1 male. (I'm not talking about the little one in perlite, that's just for fun for the 1 quart hydro show).

I'm starting to think this might actually turn out ok and yield pretty well afterall. I think it's about 3 weeks of stretch or so that's normal? If so then I'm sure the room will get crowded.

Closeup of the one in perlite - also growing a little but it's ok. I deliberately didn't let it root much before 12/12 since it doesn't have space for roots anyway.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Day 10 12/12

Day 10 12/12

Some serious growing has been happening here since I last updated. I decided to perfect the arena shape of my canopy. 4 of my clones are a lot smaller than the others because they weren't as rooted when I put them in. Instead of placing these in the middle I decided my yield would probably be maximized a lot better if I used the best light for the best plants. So I placed the weaklings in the corners on upside-down pots. The rest of the plants were arranged arena style with the smallest in the middle. I snipped a few leaves off one of the big original seed plants because they were blocking too much light. I'm pretty sure now that the yield won't disappoint me - what do you people think? I'm hoping to pull at least 400 grams from this one. 300 would be OK and 500 would be nice. I got 4 big seed plants, 21 nice sized plants and the 4 small clones in the corners. I'm not counting the small 1 quart perlite plant hehe :)

Here are my coming bonsai mothers. I'm hoping to be able to take clones 3 weeks from now and it looks like it should be possible. I topped a few of them above the third node already and from my experience with this strain I should have plenty of clones to cut 3 weeks from now. I'm hoping to be able to take 60 cuts to fill my wick-cloner (minikap). I only need 36 but I want to be able to select the healthiest and fastest clones of the bunch.

blackone

Veteran
Well I have 3 phenos that are very much alike. They all have fat stalks and the smell is still only a hint of mint/licorice. The last one has thinner stalks and less smell, but overall the difference between them isn't very obvious yet. My AK48 f2 clones that I took from an outside plant with preflowers were shooting out pistils and trichomes before I put them under 12/12. Funny thing is that now that they're in the flower cycle they're revegging!? The new leaves are 3 or even single bladed with few serrations, and trichome development has stopped. I suppose they're just adapting to the stretch but it'll probably affect their yield a lot. With a little luck it'll only slow them down and I won't mind that, since they're fast finishers compared to the 8 weeks stated for swt #3.

C#1

Looking good reminds me of my first grow, That rooms gonna be packed full! cant wait too see em in 2 more weeks keep the pics comming please!

blackone

Veteran
Don't worry, they'll be coming regularly :) I think I'll get more Sunday, since it will be day 14.

MMmmmmmm back when I put the last of the babies on 12/12 I set one of my AK48 clones aside as a bonsai mum. At that time it was getting pretty sticky with visible trichomes but not forming any bud yet, so when I topped the clone to let it branch out I kept the top. Today I just lit it and I must say I'm impressed :) It was just enough to roll a tiny little joint even with added tobacco, but before I put the joint out and went inside again I was already wondering about how many nodes are already formed inside a shooting tip of a cannabis plant other than the visible ones. And when I sat down and logged on to icmag with a cup of coffee in my hand I could definitely feel for real that it was the wellknown crippling AK48 stone. Isn't it funny how it manages to knock you out while at the same time lifting away any feeling of tiredness or stress? I can't wait to see how this is gonna turn out when I get real buds from her? :muahaha: If my swt disappoint me then I know that the trusty AK48 won't let me down - even though it's F2 nothing has changed, it's still my old friend. :headbange :rasta: :joint:

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Fell asleep after I sang for my daughter to let her fall asleep. When I woke up it was already late and my plants were sleeping so no day 14 pics- I was planning to water the most thirsty ones today but it was ok, I gave them a good watering 2 days ago so they'll take an extra day no problem.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
2 days ain't bad for not watering. check out my swt #3, 4, and blockheads after i left them for a week. they still look pretty shitty after 2 months and can't get em to bounce back.

blackone

Veteran
Check the roots and try transplanting them to a bigger home. Also if you're not doing so already you should start giving some nutes - even though they're so small they're also pretty old plants, so the nutes in the soil are long gone.

blackone

Veteran
I watered today but my plants weren't droopy yet - the soil was telling me it was needed though. I guess it's because I gave them a good watering the last time.
Here they are a couple of minutes after watering - they're really starting to fill in now -notice it's getting harder to spot the soil, and small buds are also forming: :muahaha:

Closeup of one the the buds :joint: The smell is a little stronger now but still a mild liqourice, and no visible trichomes:

I'm pretty happy about this grow - I'm sure it'll treat me nice come harvest time.

blAsia

Good lookin', keep it up.... How do you think you got the infestation in the first place??? ^^^earlier post.

Also, PM me, if you can, about where you bought your goods (equipment, etc.) or post it here... was the service good overall? Time to get it, packaging, etc.

Peace