What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

swt #3 soil grow

blackone

Veteran
It seems like my yield is around 300 grams - I'm not quite sure, might be less since they'll probably also lose a little weight curing.
I started making kif from some of the trim - it's pretty green but I think it also contains a nice amount of trichomes - I'm tempted to try it but I also have to test-smoke my 4 phenos and the kif will probably devastate me:) Perhaps just a micro-hit from the bong;p

The aroma is coming back now that the buds are curing.
Pheno 1 is still a little generic, but doing a lot better.
Pheno 2 - my "bubblegum" pheno is showing a sweet smell again. A little like bubblegum but more like a really satisfying sweet smell that seems familiar but I can't say what it is...
Pheno 3 - the citrus pheno. The citrusy smell is there, sometimes more to the lemon side but other times there is a distinct sweet pink grapefruit smell - yay :)
Pheno 4 - my strawberry pheno. I can't smell anything remotely like strawberry any more, but it does have a nice sweet smell. Perhaps it will get better as it finishes curing but I doubt that the strawberry will come back,
AK48 F2 - not a very pleasant odour, a little like poo... I hope it improves with a cure :) By far the most resiny one I have though, with large trichomes and very large calyxes - those might be the result of it's weird growth pattern though.

Dankster

I've been lurking in the weeds following your thread for a while, Blackone.

Great work.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm really looking forward to your post-cure smoke reports.

Much respect.

D

G

gdawg

hey blackone nice harvest man. i been out and about livin and just caught up with your thread. you keepin any swt3's? i poppin a pack tomorrow!

blackone

Veteran
Thanks for the comments.
@gdawg - can't blame you for having a life man, after all that's what it's all about. Can't smoke weed and sit in front of the computer the whole time can you?

@Dankster You're welcome to keep lurking in my current grow, see my signature for the link:)

I'm starting the tasting rounds, and so far it looks good.
It got 4-6 days of drying time (depending on when I felt it was ready) and almost 2 weeks of cure. So far everything tastes good and stones good.
I've smoked a little without much system - this didn't help me in testing the phenos so I'm doing it a little more systematically.
My "standard" dose for potency is 5 nicely sized calyxes from one of the frostiest buds, smoked in a handrolled cigarette with tobacco for a good, complete burn. I'm a light smoker with little tolerance so I rarely smoke an amount of bud that's big enough to burn easily in a straight joint.
So far AK48 and Swt#3 pheno 3(citrus) have been tested like this. Both get me where I wanna be with the test amount. The AK48 might be slightly more potent - not sure yet - but definitely more "up". I think I actually prefer the AK48 high - it has a euphoric feeling that swt#3 lacks a little, but with the euphoria comes the racy feeling and paranoia - although at balanced and acceptable levels.
Sweet tooth isn't totally couch lock either, and isn't without euphoria so the jury is still out - it might also be because I was watching a nice movie when I tested the AK.

As for smell, aroma, taste. I can't really tell yet, but so far the Swt#3 citrus pheno is a clear winner in the smell department. The smell of the bag has a slight citrus, but when broken up it becomes a lot more distinct - definitely a strong citrus, somewhere between lemon and grapefruit. The taste seems nice although a little generic. I have to try a larger pure amount to see if the citrus is really there.
The AK48 bag really smells like fart - not a very pleasant smell, but not overpoweringly strong either. When broken up it becomes sweeter and more piney - all of a sudden surprisingly pleasant. The taste of the smoke is really nice, and really shines in a small pure bonghit - a sweet skunk/indoor taste, with almost zero harshness (but then again I smoked pure calyxes). I have yet to try a pure joint of it, but I haven't had the urge to get stoned out of my mind yet (since that scissor hash of AK48 I had when trimming - whew - it really blew me away).
Dunno if I should continue in this thread as I go on tasting or make a smoke report thread when it's had a better cure.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Yeah it is very tasty:) Although I have tried more potent strains this is also pretty strong stuff.

Military

very nice grow man :p Lots the different phenos you got going there. That strawberry one sounds yummy yummy for sure :p

Ima gona go stop by your round 2 ;P now

SMOKE ON

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - just too bad it doesn't smell like strawberries when cured;p But I love having different phenoes and strains.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
hey blackone, can i ask ya a quick question in regards to your swt#3 phenos? did you happen to have any whos sugar leaves around the buds would twist sideways? i have a swt#3 that does this and smells like coffee/cocoa and was wondering if youve seen it before.

blackone

Veteran
Well I've seen some sugar leaves twisting, but not really as a general trait for any of my phenos.