No announcement yet.

swt #3 soil grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fell asleep after I sang for my daughter to let her fall asleep. When I woke up it was already late and my plants were sleeping so no day 14 pics- I was planning to water the most thirsty ones today but it was ok, I gave them a good watering 2 days ago so they'll take an extra day no problem.
    Current:
    Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
    2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2009 2009 2008 2007 2007
    Outside:
    2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008

Low energy ground coupled cooler/dehumidifier?
    Keeping nordic outdoor strains as mothers.

Let the voice of reason chime - Lemmy Kilmister

Comment

2 days ain't bad for not watering. check out my swt #3, 4, and blockheads after i left them for a week. they still look pretty shitty after 2 months and can't get em to bounce back.

it's koopa bitches. think [box] think

M.U.R.D.A -> COMMANDRO

Comment

Check the roots and try transplanting them to a bigger home. Also if you're not doing so already you should start giving some nutes - even though they're so small they're also pretty old plants, so the nutes in the soil are long gone.
        Current:
        Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
        Outside:

Comment

I watered today but my plants weren't droopy yet - the soil was telling me it was needed though. I guess it's because I gave them a good watering the last time.
          Here they are a couple of minutes after watering - they're really starting to fill in now -notice it's getting harder to spot the soil, and small buds are also forming:

Closeup of one the the buds The smell is a little stronger now but still a mild liqourice, and no visible trichomes:

I'm pretty happy about this grow - I'm sure it'll treat me nice come harvest time.
          Current:
          Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
          Outside:

Comment

Good lookin', keep it up.... How do you think you got the infestation in the first place??? ^^^earlier post.

Also, PM me, if you can, about where you bought your goods (equipment, etc.) or post it here... was the service good overall? Time to get it, packaging, etc.

Peace
            Ice Cream, MOD M.a.T., Pure @ ~21 days Nov. 2007
            Ice Cream, MOD M.a.T., Pure @ ~21 days

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act" George Orwell

This is no terror ground
            Or place for the rage
            No broken hearts
            White wash lies
            Just a taste for the truth
            Perfect taste choice and meaning
            A look into your eyes...Peter Murphy

Believer of Ma'at
            Fellowship of Isis

I VAPE

Donate to the Tea Party! Live long, live free, and prosper.

Comment

I think it had something to do with an open window? The infestation doesn't seem to spread to new leaves really, and only the old plants seem to be affected so it's not really spreading to the clones. Perhaps the thrips don't like the climate in the flower room very much? Anyway I won't be doing anything about the flower room since they've already started budding and I would rather have thrips than mold.
              The mother/clone box is different - the thrips seem to thrive there so I'll be giving them a soap treatment. I bought a sprayer but it didn't work - last day I bought a new one that's working perfectly. I'll not accept those critters in my mothers and clones for next run, so if the soap won't cut it then it's time for some harder stuff like pyrethrum or neem. If that won't wipe them out either then I'll hit them with nerve agents hehe;p
              Current:
              Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
              Outside:

Comment

Access to nerve agents, huh, HMmmmm

Too bad your not near, I have 3 pints of dyna-gro neem oil... nasty smelling shit IMO... also have the einsteins version also. Used it once on some San Pedro when I grew it, but never of MJ.

Yeah, got to have them go... sorry about the mold.
                Ice Cream, MOD M.a.T., Pure @ ~21 days Nov. 2007
                Ice Cream, MOD M.a.T., Pure @ ~21 days

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act" George Orwell

This is no terror ground
                Or place for the rage
                No broken hearts
                White wash lies
                Just a taste for the truth
                Perfect taste choice and meaning
                A look into your eyes...Peter Murphy

Believer of Ma'at
                Fellowship of Isis

I VAPE

Donate to the Tea Party! Live long, live free, and prosper.

Comment

Just joking about the nerve agents - almost I was thinking Malathion - it's an organophosphate like nerve gasses as Tabun and Sarin, but not (that) toxic to humans Obviously it's a no-go in the flowering room haha and an absolute last resort if I can't keep my mothers clean.
                  I don't have mold, yet But I'm afraid I might get it if I spray them in flower. But I think the buds are so small now it won't be a problem. Just sprayed my male that was extremely infested by thrips with soapy water tonight. If he doesn't show any ill effects then I'll give the flowering plants a spray too - I'm still worried the thrips might catch up with them when the stretch stops.
                  Last edited by blackone; 10-30-2007, 20:36.
                  Current:
                  Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                  Outside:

Comment

Day 21 12/12

3 weeks in now and everything is looking ok. The buds are really starting to form and I get visible trichomes. Also the smell is getting stronger - it's definitely sweet and fruity, although I can't really say what it smells like. Still hoping for a pink grapefruit pheno to kick in later ;p

First my plants:

And a budshot I don't know if you can see the trichomes in the picture yet? Next time I post I promise it won't be hard

Last edited by blackone; 11-04-2007, 22:16.
                    Current:
                    Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                    Outside:

Comment

looks good blackone! I've been lurking for a while but I had to give you props for this one, good info and good pics. Can you follow up on the bonsai moms that you started? I'd like to see their progress with some age and day reference, that would be nice and everything looks great, keep it up.
                      Last edited by xsc; 11-05-2007, 00:06.

Comment

Looking good Blackone.
                        Finished one a few weeks ago and trying to reveg it.
                        Watch out for mould near the end , pruned a lot of leaves of mine for better airflow.
                        Taken down a little early at 54 days , should have gone 60
                        It smokes well after a short cure and is like northern lights with an acid aftertaste and a good sativa ish high.
                        Yield was 80 g in a 7 litre pot in soil no nutes added under moderate lighting levels.
                        Only thing i dislike is the hard buds and woody stems within them which require a grinder.

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't love to see mold in my grow :( Especially since it's starting to look like I'll be having a nice harvest here. Good advice on pruning leaves I think, since I do get a little perspiration where the leaves are overlapping. I'll probably prune them around week 5-6, or whenever I feel the buds are mostly done putting on weight and just need to ripen.

@xsc: yeah I'll be following up on my small moms. I topped them some time ago and the sideshoots are slowly starting to form. Not quite as many as I hoped for but I think it's gonna be ok anyway. I might have a trouble getting enough clones of pheno 1 & 2 - I would rather avoid pheno 3 since it seems to be very nute shy. I'm only giving a light feeding of EC 1.6 and already she showed clawing so I backed it down to 1.4. I'll still be saving the pheno until harvest and smoke reports are in though And as I said I might be forced to use her for the next round - I only have 2 weeks left before I have to take clones.
                          Edit: I see that your first post is in my thread, I'm honored
                          Last edited by blackone; 11-05-2007, 10:54.
                          Current:
                          Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                          Outside:

Comment

evrything looks nice! i got some nice girls out of that mix..............still workin on revegging/cloning one

Comment

Thanks man
                              I just ordered some bigger pots for my moms and a pack of seeds that I'll be running alongside my next grow... I'll leave the strain as a surprise but I'll give you a couple of hints: It's also supposed to be a quite high yielding and sweet strain. This particular version is made by a Danish breeder and the previous version was used in one of Wallyduck's C99 crosses. The new release is supposed to finish a little faster.

Any takers?
                              Current:
                              Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                              Outside:

Comment

Hmm noone has a clue?
                                I'll give another hint then. Sweet Tooth is based on Sweet Pink Grapefruit and Blueberry. The name of the new strain I'll be putting in also sounds sweet and pink - I'm a sucker for sweet and fruity smelling stuff. If it also tastes sweet and fruity then it's even better.

So far Sweet Tooth is not disappointing me - it's definitely very very sweet, almost sickeningly sweet like overripe fruit but it also has piney, spicy and lemony hints.
                                Last edited by blackone; 11-07-2007, 14:47.
                                Current:
                                Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                                Outside:

Comment

Working...
                                X