What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

swt #3 soil grow

blackone

Veteran
Day 41 12/12

Day 41 12/12

Here is one of my best buds, the same bud you saw a picture of earlier. :

And again the whole room. The plants seem pretty leafy compared to other people's swt buds I've seen - I might be stretching the light a little, since they're in a 120cm*140cm room. Next time I'll probably bring it down to 100*120, and also give it a little more veg time:

Yesterday I rubbed a cigarette against the sugar leaves and it sure did work - left me with a nice little buzz.

Last edited:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
oh baby! after your harvest, you are bound for some tooth decay after smoking so much sweet tooth.

blackone

Veteran
I'm afraid it's not gonna yield as much as I hoped for unless they really put on some weight in the last 2 weeks. I'm still hoping for 400+ grams but not so sure...
I think it might not be a good strain to flower directly from rooted clone. The older plants have buds that are so much larger and denser than the buds of their clones.

G

guest101

1 week veg after transplant and before switching to 12/12 can make a big diference,,,
Anyway, looking good bro! :D

blackone

Veteran
Smoked a couple of small sidebuds taken at day 42 over the weekend. Both the sweet tooth and the AK48 had a really nice taste - only a little green of course but surprisingly smooth. The AK48 might be a little stronger but it was also taken from the top of the plant, while the Sweet tooth nuggets were taken from more shaded parts. I'm sure both strains are gonna be really nice after a flush and a good cure.
One of my swt #3 phenos has a very strong strawberry aroma and it just keeps getting better and better. I just hope so much that it'll keep this smell after drying and curing.

I've been a little lazy lately but I'll shoot some pics soon.

G

guest101

Looking better at previous pictures, your plants are pointing their leaves very verticaly to the light meaning shes very far.
When they are in need of light they tend to be more bushy to collect maximum light.
When they are warm they will show you, so you just get your light in the sweet spot.
Lumens drop in a non linear curve, so closer to the bulb, can make uge difference!
Nevertheless you're gonna be swimming in buds for some time hehe :D

Last edited:
G

gdawg

hey those were some nice pics black. whats up with the strawberrry smellin pheno?? i'm bustin 2 packs by the new year. all i want is that one special girl.....keep up the reports black.

blackone

Veteran
@Frankenstein: yeah they did look a lot better before - when they were still stretching the thrips could not keep up with the new vegetation but around week 5 they started showing themselves on all of my plants and the leaves don't look too good - punctured and crispy.I never got around to treating the flowering plants before they started budding and I'm sure it has affected my yield seriously. I was hanging my light at 45-50 cm above the plants but I thought it was feeling a little warm on the upper canopy, and leaf serrations were curling up so yesterday I actually brought it up to 60 cm. I ordered an oscillating ventilator a looooong time ago but the shop is slow - the packet didn't arrive before yesterday and I wasn't home so I can't pick it up before today and now it's too late for it to do much good since I'll be harvesting soon.
This also means that I won't be running any bubblegum next time :(

@gdawg: The strawberry aroma is still there and seems to be getting more intense, a little more like overripe strawberry now but it's very nice:) Also the lemon/citrus pheno is still there for sure - I hope it won't be too volatile to last through drying and curing.

My highest yielding phenos have a pretty generic smell though - nice and sweet with a touch of pepper/spice/marroc but still a little generic. I'm happy I'm running all of my phenos again next time instead of following the original plan of just going for the highest yielding ones. On my third run of sweet tooth I'll know more about what phenos to keep, but the sweet tooth might not return to my 600W box after the coming second run, since I have also started some Satoris that I plan on mumming up and running in a coco sog after my next harvest. I'll be building a smaller box with 250W though, so maybe it has a future there.

Next run will be sweet tooth and AK48 again though. I treated the clones with soapy water and it did help, but it has seriously burned the leaves on some of my plants. Now that the thrips are back again (probably from surviving adults and eggs) I have to do something about them before I put them in the flowering room. I read up on malathion and what I picked up wasn't nice. It's not very toxic to humans in itself but it breaks down to malaoxon which is 60 times more toxic - definitely not something I want in an indoor environment so it's gonna be pyrethrum instead. I'm still a little worried about the piperonyl butoxide in the available pyrethrum sprays though but since the air in my room is vented through the chimney I think it's gonna be ok.

Last edited:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
never heard of a strawberry pheno of swt before. is it more sativa or indica? that citrus pheno you got is most likely the sweet pink grapefruit pheno if it is more indica. the blueberry pheno is more sativa if i'm correct. can't wait to see more pics.

Looks like your worries about what you got are unfounded, glad to know.

I gave you the heads up somewhere else and my wish for you came true, looks like you got more than a few keepers!

I like the grapefruity ones, really nice aftertaste. Enjoy your great harvest!

Nicely done.

G

guest101

Kill those bastards man!
Remove all your plants to another place... do a clinic clean to the spot and to the plants fefore moving them back.
If it was that serious of a problem, damnn it sure affected your yeld!!
Declare war!! LOLL

Im glad your on the top of the subjects i refered and the oscillating ventilator well placed between the top of the canoppy and the lamp should make a wonderfull diference... :rasta: Even if its only on your nex grow!!
Good luck mate!!

Ps - I pulverize the top of the pots (and some grow spots) with biokill every week and sure helps to keep my plants aparentelly 100% bug free...

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
Good advice frankenstein. I found myself a pyrethrum spray and bombed the vegging plants. I'll be giving the flower room a good cleanup after I harvest since it's too late to do anything about the flowering plants. I'll be harvesting those in the weekend I think. After moving the vegging plants to the flowering room I'll be giving them a second spray one week from now to get to the hatching larvae, and keep an eye on all of my plants to see if those beasts come back.
The spray does seem to do the trick though. I tried spraying it directly on some mosquitoes and they just drop to the ground, giving a few spasms before lying still. The thrips larvae are too small for me to observe if they're dead or alive, but when the spray hits them they also stop moving so they're probably dead.

blackone

Veteran
I've been harvesting over the weekend. It looks like the plants could have gone a little longer, or perhaps I should have harvested in stages like I planned, but I just wanted to get those down and get on with my new grow.
Trimming took quite a bit of time so I haven't had time to log on and upload any pics. I smoked a very small amount of scissor hash from my AK48 - a little larger than a rice grain - and it just hit me like a bomb. Quite the up high - I smoked a little after midnight Friday night, and I just kept trimming those plants until 6 in the morning.
Yesterday night I trimmed the last ones so tomorrow I'll bring my new batch in the flowering chamber. One of my phenos disappointed me a little with the smell - pretty generic and piney with a touch of old stinky cheese, not really what I was looking for. It wasn't really a sweet smelling plant in flower either - I hope it turns out to be a nice smoke after the cure but I don't think it will be anything special.
My nute shy citrusy pheno really surprised me though. When I cut her down the undergrowth/popcorn was much more resinous than on the other plants, and it looks like it might be a potential big yielder. It might have something to do with the thinner leaves it has. I'm so happy I kept her in the garden. Also when I woke up this morning I could smell sweet pink grapefruit on my hands! I'll be soooo happy if it turns out I really do have a sweet pink grapefruit pheno!

blackone

Veteran
Here are the plants before I started harvesting the first ones:

Pheno 1 harvested and trimmed, this pheno seems pretty boring but was the one I had the most plants of ,sorry for pic quality:

Added Pheno 2, has a bubblegum-like smell, hoping for it to come back after drying and curing:

Pheno 4, this is my strawberry smelling pheno that I only flowerd 1 of, the original seedplant. Unfortunately I only have 1 of that pheno for the next round too.

All of the sweet tooth buds, including pheno 3 - what I find the most promising plant because it's starting to smell like grapefruit.

I don't have any pictures of the AK48 buds, but I'll get some and put them up soon. I'll be back with final yield numbers but it looks pretty shitty - perhaps 2-300 g total :badday:

Check my sig for my current grow - it'll still be in veg for a week or 2:

blackone

Veteran
I thought I would just show you the buds of my freak AK48 plants. I don't know if I explained earlier how I took these as clones from outside plants and that they started budding when they rooted. After I put them in flower they started shooting out reveg leaves and grew into some strange, spindly creatures. Here are some buds from those - I was surprised to see that I actually got 32 grams from 4 plants. I thought it would be less because the stuff is so airy.

Here is how I cure the stuff - when stems bend in a "snappy" way (before they actually snap) and the buds feel dry I cut off the buds and put them in plastic bags. I adjust how open those bags are by my feeling of how much moisture is still left in the buds, and also by how full the bags are as air needs to get to the lower buds. Sometimes I move the buds gently and suck out the air so it can be replenished by fresh air. When I get to the point where I can't sense moisture any more I'll close the bags and check them every day - burp them if I the air inside smells moist or green. I hope this will do the trick as I don't have any jars.
The stems and leaves in the front is just trim.

G

guest101

blackone said:
when stems bend in a "snappy" way (before they actually snap) and the buds feel dry

:respect:
This is acctually very important to add flavour to the buds!
They have to contain some humidity and not beeing completely dried when starting to cure... :joint:

Last edited: