What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

swt #3 soil grow

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
what it do blackone? i feel you on those swt #3's. a few months ago i got the sol adventure mix that has #3, #4, and blockhead. were your beans really, really small? mine were very, very small and i still got a 90% germ ratio.

here is what they looked like after a few weeks of veg under 3 23w daylight cfl's. i had to leave the plants for a week and broke my neck, so i couldn't come back to water, so they ended up extra crispy. not sure if they will make a recovery and they are under supervision by a friend. hopefully my friend will flower them out with a 600w hps in a hydrohut soon once they get the rest of the equipment.

best of luck to your sweet tooth grow!

Cornerstone

Blackone,

I'd say British_Bulldog is correct as are others of us who have loved to grow out SWT#3 only to have it suddenly mold at the end of flowering. In my case SWT#3 tasted bland at best, I do not mean this as a dis, but it tasted more like tooth decay than sweet tooth.
I would advise against too many future plans or large energy investment in this strain.
I hope you pop a few other seeds right away and grow them with these, maybe your freebies?
You'll be glad you did.

If you are trying to save a nickel, Mandala Seeds seems to be the big winner in value for money.

Peace,

Cornerstone

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
cornerstone ~ what pheno(s) did you get of swt #3? if you got the SPG pheno, you should have had a very tasty smoke... i only hear good things about the flavor and stone of sweet tooth. agreed on mandala, i got a pack of #1 that i will start later on.

Cornerstone

Ic00p4,

The pheno I had is the one pictured, both of my plants seemed the same. It started out smelling really great in early flower, then just seemed to go away and never come back. I was a fan of this strain, but honestly I threw away my remaining seeds so that no one else would waste their time as I did. Just one person's opinion, I'm sure there are many exceptions to my experience.

Just grow something else beside it as a back-up. That's the main thing.

I know it is a strange irony, but my buds really did taste like tooth decay? not good.

Much Respect to all, especially SOL.

Cornerstone

blackone

Veteran
I don't have any plans for flowering anything else this time I think - might throw in a couple of clones of other strains. I've also been looking into Mandala seeds - I haven't heard anybody complaining about those.
But I'm not really trying to save on seeds. Probably not gonna spend $160 on Sour Diesel or anything like that, but I won't mind spending a max of $100 for the right strain.

Cornerstone

blackone,

Whatever you spend on seeds will come back to you many times over, obviously.

What about your freebies?

I don't wish to belabor the point, so I'll just say I wish you good fortune in your endeavors.

Keep us posted.

Su Amigo,

Cornerstone

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
blackone ~ you could probably buy all of mandala's offerings for $160! good quality landrace genetics!

blackone

Veteran
Cornerstone said:
blackone,

Whatever you spend on seeds will come back to you many times over, obviously.

What about your freebies?

I don't wish to belabor the point, so I'll just say I wish you good fortune in your endeavors.

Keep us posted.

Su Amigo,

Cornerstone

Yeah I know, but since I'm also investing quite a bit now on lights and ventilation I won't be shelling out a lot of cash for beans atm:) Maybe after a grow or 2 if swt#3 doesn't deliver.

Well I gave the freebies away :) 1 was kali most, and the other I think was skunk #1*kali mist.
My mom is growing 2 AK48 "f2" in her garden. They're from seeds I made the last time I grew. I just took 8 clones from the largest plant today since it doesn't want to flower outdoors yet, hoping they will root as they might already have started the flower cycle.

Anyway a lot of other growers have had great experiences with the sweet tooth so I won't be writing her off before I have personal experience.

Last edited:

Cornerstone

blackone,

Wise choice, 1st hand experience is best.

The AK F2's sound like fun....opening up the genetics of AK would be an exciting grow, anything could happen.

Apparently taking cuttings from a plant in early flower is not a problem, they will root just fine, or so I've read. Supposedly they might take a little longer and put up some unusual growth (reveg??). I just took some clones off a friends outdoor plants that have already begun to bud. So far so good.

May the force be with you,

Cornerstone

blackone

Veteran
I've done that before also. The first time I grew it was 2 plants of some outdoor strain in my windowsill. When the plants started to get too tall I had to cut them, so I just stuck the tops in soil and covered them. They were already starting to flower but rooted ok and were planted outside. The result was low bushy plants with a lot of small buds - nothing amazing but a lot better than just throwing out those tops.

G

swt#3 watch for mold at end of flowering..water less and keep pots semi dry the last 2 weeks and keep the air flowing good.

blackone

Veteran
Will do :) Took 4 clones more today. Unfortunately I also discovered balls on one of my "females". The first preflower was female, so I don't know if it's a male or female hermi - I think it's male because I only ever saw that one female preflower, and now it has quite a few male preflowers. Either way I don't care - don't want a hermi in my garden so it must go.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
yeah get that hermie out of there! i thought that i could chop off all the male preflowers off a female, but it ended up selfing itself along with some of the other plants in the garden. you end up with a lot of little seeds in the calyxes and lots of popping when you smoke...

blackone

Veteran
Yeah small immature seeds suck bigtime. I can live with the reduced yield of smokeable material from seeded bud if the seeds are big and easy to remove. But hundreds of little pinheads - ewwwww.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
my adventurously mixed SOL pack had the tiniest little beans in there. no offense to breeder steve, but they were the crappiest looking beans out of the 5 packs i bought. could have been old stock. since i had to abandon my SOL grow, a buddy is taking care of them and put them under a 400mh to get em back to business. then they will go under a 600 in a 4 x 4 original hydrohut. how are things comin' along black?

blackone

Veteran
I'm waiting for clones to show signs of rooting - got them in perlite with a little potting soil so I can't really check them. I'll be setting up a grow space in the weekend - still wondering if I should go for 1200W or stick with the plan - 600W.
I'll make the decision today and if I go for 1200W then I'll also be ordering some Skunk #1 seeds to make sure I have enough plants.

blackone

Veteran
Well - I stuck with the plan and decided on a 600W, but still ordered the skunk #1 seeds :) I will be sprouting those tonight and based on how well my clones do I will either be flowering those with my other strains or preparing them for mothering my next grow.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I have cloned from mid flower worked fine.
I have also been thinking Mandala, I really like the Satori grows I seen this year.
Good luck with your grow man, get some pics up for us.

Latest posts

Latest posts