No announcement yet.

swt #3 soil grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im waiting hopefully until signs of preflowers as well..suckx that 2 are males,,but nice to know you see a female
    Gl using HPS for the first time..you got a great light- 600hps.-.nice.
    looking forward to your SOG

Comment

Thanks I just removed the large main stalk fan leaves on my males to make more room for the other plants. I don't wanna remove the males quite yet because I might play around with pollen some day - it won't be now tho so I'll be making bonsai males to keep my coming bonsai mothers company.
      It's also an experiment to see if it helps on side shoot growth.
      Current:
      Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
      2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2009 2009 2008 2007 2007
      Outside:
      2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008

Low energy ground coupled cooler/dehumidifier?
      Keeping nordic outdoor strains as mothers.

Let the voice of reason chime - Lemmy Kilmister

Comment

I'm interested to see how this grow turns out, I've been eying that sweet #3 on sb for a while, lol. Good luck with your grow blacktone.

Comment

Thanks Agent 09 - check the weekend specials and you might get lucky. If not then maybe Swt #1.1 might be interesting, since it's a recreation of sweet tooth using DJ Shorts' blueberry.
          I took a couple of clones today so I can sex if I don't get preflowers on my last plants - I hope swt #3 is an easy cloner because I'm eager to start flowering, and I don't have too many clone sites on my one confirmed female unfortunately.
          Current:
          Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
          Outside:

Comment

I recommend topping the SwT#3's, as mold can be a problem with this strain with fat colas.

I grew it back in 2001/2, always topped/fim'd her, and had ventilation on high late in flower.

Peace and have a good one

Comment

what it do blackone? i feel you on those swt #3's. a few months ago i got the sol adventure mix that has #3, #4, and blockhead. were your beans really, really small? mine were very, very small and i still got a 90% germ ratio.

here is what they looked like after a few weeks of veg under 3 23w daylight cfl's. i had to leave the plants for a week and broke my neck, so i couldn't come back to water, so they ended up extra crispy. not sure if they will make a recovery and they are under supervision by a friend. hopefully my friend will flower them out with a 600w hps in a hydrohut soon once they get the rest of the equipment.

best of luck to your sweet tooth grow!
              it's koopa bitches. think [box] think

M.U.R.D.A -> COMMANDRO

Comment

Blackone,

I'd say British_Bulldog is correct as are others of us who have loved to grow out SWT#3 only to have it suddenly mold at the end of flowering. In my case SWT#3 tasted bland at best, I do not mean this as a dis, but it tasted more like tooth decay than sweet tooth.
                I would advise against too many future plans or large energy investment in this strain.
                I hope you pop a few other seeds right away and grow them with these, maybe your freebies?
                You'll be glad you did.

If you are trying to save a nickel, Mandala Seeds seems to be the big winner in value for money.

Peace,

Cornerstone

One Love Equal Rights Justice

Comment

cornerstone ~ what pheno(s) did you get of swt #3? if you got the SPG pheno, you should have had a very tasty smoke... i only hear good things about the flavor and stone of sweet tooth. agreed on mandala, i got a pack of #1 that i will start later on.

M.U.R.D.A -> COMMANDRO

Comment

Ic00p4,

The pheno I had is the one pictured, both of my plants seemed the same. It started out smelling really great in early flower, then just seemed to go away and never come back. I was a fan of this strain, but honestly I threw away my remaining seeds so that no one else would waste their time as I did. Just one person's opinion, I'm sure there are many exceptions to my experience.

Just grow something else beside it as a back-up. That's the main thing.

I know it is a strange irony, but my buds really did taste like tooth decay? not good.

Much Respect to all, especially SOL.

Cornerstone

Comment

I don't have any plans for flowering anything else this time I think - might throw in a couple of clones of other strains. I've also been looking into Mandala seeds - I haven't heard anybody complaining about those.
                      But I'm not really trying to save on seeds. Probably not gonna spend $160 on Sour Diesel or anything like that, but I won't mind spending a max of $100 for the right strain.
                      Current:
                      Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                      Outside:

Comment

blackone,

Whatever you spend on seeds will come back to you many times over, obviously.

What about your freebies?

I don't wish to belabor the point, so I'll just say I wish you good fortune in your endeavors.

Keep us posted.

Su Amigo,

Cornerstone

Comment

blackone ~ you could probably buy all of mandala's offerings for $160! good quality landrace genetics!

M.U.R.D.A -> COMMANDRO

Comment

SOG please explain????????

Nice pics,good luck.

GENESIS 1:12 I HAVE GIVEN YOU ALL THE SEED BEARING PLANTS ON EARTH TO USE

AN ACRE OF HEMP PRODUCES 4 TIMES MORE PAPER THAN AN ACRE OF TREES, THINK ABOUT IT

Comment

Originally posted by Cornerstone
                              blackone,

Whatever you spend on seeds will come back to you many times over, obviously.

What about your freebies?

I don't wish to belabor the point, so I'll just say I wish you good fortune in your endeavors.

Keep us posted.

Su Amigo,

Cornerstone
                              Yeah I know, but since I'm also investing quite a bit now on lights and ventilation I won't be shelling out a lot of cash for beans atm Maybe after a grow or 2 if swt#3 doesn't deliver.

Well I gave the freebies away 1 was kali most, and the other I think was skunk #1*kali mist.
                              My mom is growing 2 AK48 "f2" in her garden. They're from seeds I made the last time I grew. I just took 8 clones from the largest plant today since it doesn't want to flower outdoors yet, hoping they will root as they might already have started the flower cycle.

Anyway a lot of other growers have had great experiences with the sweet tooth so I won't be writing her off before I have personal experience.
                              Last edited by blackone; 09-11-2007, 20:10.
                              Current:
                              Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                              Outside:

Comment

blackone,

Wise choice, 1st hand experience is best.

The AK F2's sound like fun....opening up the genetics of AK would be an exciting grow, anything could happen.

Apparently taking cuttings from a plant in early flower is not a problem, they will root just fine, or so I've read. Supposedly they might take a little longer and put up some unusual growth (reveg??). I just took some clones off a friends outdoor plants that have already begun to bud. So far so good.

May the force be with you,

Cornerstone

Comment

Working...
                                X