What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the fastest you got a seed to sprout?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Whats the fastest you got a seed to sprout?

I have a seed of the purple variety that sprouted in just 2 days in fox farm OC soil. Woo hoo.
Hopefully it turns up female like my last purple from the same batch of seeds.
Here's the last purple. Its now dry and in the curing process.
picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6hrs for a seed to crack and pop its tail.. 36-48 hrs to see the leaves poking out of the soil. The deeper you plant your seeds will have a huge effect on this.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
I have had seeds crack shell during the initial 6-12 hour soak before putting them into soil or paper towels. Most recently when it happened, the seeds had sprouted completely (leaves throwing off the shell and everything) only 12 hours later.

The most recent strain to do it was Lazy Lightning from Bodhi. Nothing Lazy about it. I guess Lazy is how it makes you feel, but it grows like Lightning.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I had a seed arrive already cracked. Maybe a full mm ajar and the kinda skin inside was very dark. I planted it knowing it was no good, but the bugger came up in a couple of days. So... zero time to crack it lol

I used to readily get tails out within a day and at 2 days give up. In those early years I put them in damp tissue, in a little bag, and then the only temperature controlled place I had. My tighty whiteys.

jahmok

Old thread but whatever... In early 2000's i had one skunk #1 that sprouted directly in the bud that was ripping... I grew it and it was a very very good one

Three Berries

I got some potassium phosphate and am going to try a weak mix of it and H2O2 for a seedling simulant. Probably around the 1st of the year. Do one with and one without.

Latest posts

Latest posts