What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Here we go again..

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Update time! (But more of a pic dump..)
They are at the first half of week 5 flowering (Out of ~12.5 weeks total).
You will see pics from closeup on each plant, some macros and a group picture.
plants looked worse some days ago (all started showing defs) but i started the 2 x max dose feeding regimen again and they are on the good path now. It's crazy how much more nutes they ask for under good and powerful leds. Light is at 80% since yesterday. Will continue to add 10% per week till max power is reached.
Since last update they received 2 feedings of cal mag, seaweed extract and 2 different pk boosters. First feeding was 1.5 x max dose, second one 2x max dose. About 500 ml watering per pot each time. Last watering was this morning, before I took the pictures.
Enjoy!
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_abd808ba.jpg Views:	0 Size:	664.5 KB ID:	17835962

Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_abd808ba.jpg Views:	0 Size:	664.5 KB ID:	17835962

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you, bro! Just wanted to flex my image posting skills, to be honest.

Happy 4.20 everyone! I hope you all are at least as high as i am right now! (Puffed 1.5 gr kief in the last 5 mins) :muahaha:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello, my friend! Good to see you found your way to my thread so we can puff in here for 420! :joint:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Small update! Plants are in week 5 flowering (middle to end of week 5 I think).
I had to water them again. Gone with 1.5 dose of seaweed extract and cal mag. No PK boosters this time.

noexif_c5c2e6c2.jpg

Just a quick snap, don't expect any pic quality.

noexif_b295598a.jpg

And environmental data. RH will soon lower, it's because the water in the tray that pushed the rh up a bit. Once I close tent and extractor does it's job it will go around 50%.
Also, soil humidity calculation is based on 4 probes and so it's off. Real soil humidity is 74-75% (only s2 and s4 taken into account). Will fix that once I upload new menu code on the controller. But I have been lazy with 4.20 and all that!
See you all for the next update. Should come soon, probably by next watering. :wave:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Small update
Enviromental data (night cycle):
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_ed439b34.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	17840914
Almost perfect vpd 10 all night. Also, they need water, average soil hum is 61%, at 55to50% they would start wilting. And since the Mg deficiencies seem to be fixed but I get pretty serios Ca def signs.. I just bought a product that is 13 % Ca, 1% Mg and a bunch of other micronutrients as trace. It is also 30% organic matter so a lot of N. But i have to use it since they need the Ca. I will soon water them, but the update will come in a day or two, when I find the time to take pictures and upload them.
See you soon! :wave:

Later.edit: After the watering last night (seaweed extract and pk booster) and a small spraying of compost tea this morning the soil humidity is around 85%. That should last them for about 3 days.
Soon I will take the humidifier out of the tent as it barely does any work lately. They seem to mantain 50 to 60 % RH by themselves now. Also, now I am adding at least 3 products that are high in organic matter. I wonder what organic soil matter % my soil would have at the end of this. Cause I am adding a lot of nutes, even if most of them are organic (one of the pk boosters I use is salt based, but I have only used like 6-8 ml of it till now. the rest of the products are organic) it still feels like too much. And I am not the guy that adds unneded ferts to his weed, but the girls eat it so fast that they would starve if not feed like that for 2-3 waterings. I guess we will test this at the end, when I will give them only water for the last 2 weeks. They should go pale pretty fast then. At least that is what I am expecting.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
And lights on enviromental data:
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_65e6fb80.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	17841894
Almost perfect vpd 10 as well, even without the need for a humidifier, now that the plants are bigger and will pull enaugh water out of the soil.
Bigger update with pictures should come tommorow.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Update time (but more of a pic dump)
Week 6 flowering (out of about 12.5 weeks total).

noexif_42712a2b.jpg

noexif_2e436449.jpg

noexif_980b11be.jpg

noexif_ef9ac6e3.jpg

noexif_1af2abb2.jpg

noexif_2d390a99.jpg

noexif_8a528abc.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Small update, mostly to ask for help!
plants are looking bad again, still looks like Ca and Mg defs but also I think I can see some P def developing. I have been told it's stress from light i tensity so i raised the lights by 10 cm. Yet symptoms continue to appear.
Does anyone has any input on my problems?

noexif_5a0749fd.jpg

Please! Any opinion or advice helps!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, seen it. Thank you!
I want to her as many opinions as possible on this. Even if I can't change much this grow, maybe I can manage to finish next one with better looking plants.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, it seems not many people check my thread lately. :(
See you guys in a few days for a new update. If any of you want to come in on the deffs/problems I am seeing on he plants, please do.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Still watching man, waiting to see suggestions also. I'd chip in, but I have nothing to offer, sorry

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Because I seen some white leaf tips, 2 days ago I watered them with plain water to see if really they need as much nutes as they seem to need. Now, they are more leaves that show N, Ca, Mg, and maybe also P deficiencies. So I would say it's clear they need the nutes, maybe not 200% dose but for sure nothing under 150%. So I will water them with 150% nute dose from now on, and also push more PK booster into their diet. Oh.. and ofc cal mag, they still seem to need more. Then we will hopefully see if raising the light has helped any bit.
my hope for this grow is that I manage to keep them happy(ish) so the harvest and yeld are not effected too much. By what I have seen so far, flowering and bulking up seems to still work beautifully, even if leaves don't look as good.
Also, I will soon check ec & ph of water and runoff.. to see if I can get any useful data out of it. I don't expect to have ph problems, just want to be sure about it.

Thank you for sticking around, GMT. :wave:

Last edited: