What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Crazy Chester

Good luck with the harvest. I’ll anxiously be waiting for some pics and smoke/smell/taste report. Happy growing and stay lifted

Thanks - I was about to harvest her, then I took a look at the trichomes and couldn't find an amber amidst the sea of white, except for the odd one on a sugar leaf here and there. I figured I'd wait another week to harvest her. In the meantime, she's getting all red/blue/purple/black and practically all the pistils have died back to a beautiful peach/orange color.

Here's a couple pics from yesterday:

20211009_153110[1].jpg

20211009_153306[1].jpg

Jerry_Garcia

Thanks - I was about to harvest her, then I took a look at the trichomes and couldn't find an amber amidst the sea of white, except for the odd one on a sugar leaf here and there. I figured I'd wait another week to harvest her. In the meantime, she's getting all red/blue/purple/black and practically all the pistils have died back to a beautiful peach/orange color.

Here's a couple pics from yesterday:

Beautiful plant Chester! Have you had to tie her up at all? She seems to be a very sturdy gal.

G

Hi Jerry,
I'm glad you like the SLH. It's a beautiful smoke which keeps me floating all day.
Those cherry pie plants..what's the flavour and effect like? They look nice..Chester is killing it with all that purple..love it

Jerry_Garcia

Hi Jerry,
I'm glad you like the SLH. It's a beautiful smoke which keeps me floating all day.
Those cherry pie plants..what's the flavour and effect like? They look nice..Chester is killing it with all that purple..love it

Hi Ivan, this is my first time running this girl so I have no clue on flavor or effect. We’ll have to let Chester answer that question.

Crazy Chester

When I open the jar and take a sniff, it smells like its name - there's a tart yet sweet cherry with a browned pie crust smell. When I beak open the buds after curing, there's a mentholated cherry smell, like Halls brand cough drops and it has a doughy/yeasty edge. It has a cool mentholated smoke on the inhale that tastes like browned pie crust and on the exhale it tastes like mentholated cherry that is sweet and lingers on the lips for a long time. For me, it actually has a cough drop type of soothing effect on my throat, mouth and nose. Along with that is a potent head disabling and body relaxing indica dominant high.

Jerry_Garcia said:
Beautiful plant Chester! Have you had to tie her up at all?

No tying needed - she did well in the wind and got strong fast.

stiff

Veteran
Hey Jerry and Chester...I deleted my old account.
Sweet frenchie you got there...surely a friend of the herb too:biggrin:
Greetz from OZ:gday:

Jerry_Garcia

Three weeks 12/12 on the Cherry Pies. These ladies so far are very easy to grow. They took to topping very well and have shown no signs of stress or deficiencies. Very much enjoying growing these so far.

Attachments

• photo2079543.jpg
    photo2079543.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 44

Crazy Chester

Thanks, Jerry - I'm excited for you - your grow room is going to be filled with beautiful sticky buds that smell great! I burned a bowl of Cherrry Pie last night in the man-cave and my wife walked by the door and said "smells like berries"!

Jerry_Garcia

35 days 12/12 on the Cherry Pies. I would say likely about half way to harvest. They seem happy at the moment. Some nice trichome production is starting to kick off.

Seeing the ladies now this far into flower I wish I would have done some defoliation. I’ve got a real nice canopy but I’m gonna have lots of popcorn down low. I don’t mind the popcorn for making edibles or FECO but it’s the trimming of the small stuff I could do without.

Anyway, cheers to you all! Keep growing and stay lifted!

Attachments

• photo2083155.jpg
    photo2083155.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 41

Crazy Chester

I think she tastes pretty much like she smells - I can discern the sour cherries and a bit of burnt crust. Medicinally, she hits me like a medium/strong indica dom. Not too much head activity - just a nice relaxing body high. I like it as a nice evening smoke.

Jerry_Garcia

The Cherry Pie's at 40 days 12/12. No issues other than one of the nine is showing some yellowing and purpling between the veins. It may not show so great in the pictures but trust me, it is purple/violet. It's just odd and stands out given the other 8 are looking great. Any ideas??

The first three are of healthy plants, the other four is the plant I'm wondering about.

Attachments

• photo2084480.jpg
    photo2084480.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 36
  • photo2084481.png
    photo2084481.png
    220.4 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2084482.png
    photo2084482.png
    278.6 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2084483.jpg
    photo2084483.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 35
  • photo2084485.jpg
    photo2084485.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2084484.jpg
    photo2084484.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2084486.jpg
    photo2084486.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Crazy Chester

The Cherry Pie's at 40 days 12/12. No issues other than one of the nine is showing some yellowing and purpling between the veins. It may not show so great in the pictures but trust me, it is purple/violet. It's just odd and stands out given the other 8 are looking great. Any ideas??

The first three are of healthy plants, the other four is the plant I'm wondering about.

Some kind of nutrient deficiency? Strange, though, since the others aren't suffering it.

Jerry_Garcia

I’m thinking that as well but just not sure what it is. I’m wondering if it might simply be a nitrogen deficiency and the color between the veins is just presence of anthocyanin. Yesterday I tilled some worm castings into the top inch of soil on that one plant. I guess time will tell.