What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Crazy Chester

So the TOCs finished up, hung to dry for a week and have been in jars for a few days. They look great, frosty, solid and my little smoke test was very nice. Very happy with these results, certainly my best run yet.

I was gifted a pair of clones and will be running these next. They are Super Lemon Haze and Cherry Pie. It will be interesting to see how the Captain Redbeard’s Cherry Pie I am running now compare.

Nice, Jerry! You are on a roll and it looks to me like you have your garden "dialed in" - those TOCs looked like they grew beautifully straight through to harvest. I'm anticipating you'll get some eye (and nose) candy from the SLH. I'm really excited to see Captain Redbeard's Cherry Pie flower. I haven't flowered the Cherry Pie clone before, but photos of it in flower look just like the photo he used on his seeds - if that photo is of his seed working of the Cherry Pie clone, you may find it to be really close to the actual clone. I'm quite interested to see how the clone and his seeds compare.

G

Hi Jerry, how are you? I haven't been here for a while. You are doing great..wow. its looking really good. I'll take the time to read through the report soon. Which Mars light are you using. I got three myself now and I'm so happy with them. I have the sp6500, ts3000 and ts1000.
All the best, talk soon

Jerry_Garcia

Thanks for the kind words guys! I really didn’t steer away from a very simple program. FFOF straight. Once I felt it was time, I used AN pH Perfect at about 1/3 strength. My water is tap and filtered to pull out the chlorine using an RV water filter. The pH perfect really puts your pH where it needs to be for soil. Recall, my tap water starts high at a pH of 10.5. Using the 1/3 strength pH Perfect 3 part formula, it would put it at around 6.3 - 6.5 consistently. When I did feed straight water, I used GH pH Down to bring it in line. Since I was using non-organic nutrients and having to add quite a bit of pH down when I fed straight water, I gave them a shot of FloraKleen by GH twice during flower to help pull out any of excess salts that had built up.

Anyway, I am excited to seeing how the Sexbud’s and Captain Redbeard’s Cherry Pie pan out with this local living soil I’m trying. So far, at almost 3 weeks flower, I’m seeing no issues.

Ivan, I am using HIDs. 315w CMH for veg and a 1000w HPS for flower.

That’s all for now folks. Keep growing and stay lifted :smoke:

Jerry_Garcia

Still going well. I’m seeing what looks like N deficiency on the Cherry Pies. Gave all three a drink with AN pH Perfect at 1/3 strength.

Quick pic of a Sexbud at 34 days flower.

Attachments

• photo2042618.jpg
    photo2042618.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 39

Jerry_Garcia

So we are at 45 days 12/12 on the SexBuds and Cherry Pies. The SexBuds are doing well and loving the living soil. No issues to date. The Cherry Pies are showing some Mag deficiency having been treated exactly the same as the SexBuds. They got a shot of CalMag two days ago. Still looking for improvement. Here are a few SexBud pics from this morning.

Attachments

• photo2044905.jpg
    photo2044905.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2044906.jpg
    photo2044906.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 42

Jerry_Garcia

Nice calyx to leaf ratio on that Sexbud, Jerry!

I agree, very happy to see these should be an easier trim. I am not thrilled with the Captain Redbeard’s Cherry Pie. Of the three that I am growing, one looks very good with the other two just not up to snuff. Oh well, they all can’t be winners.

Jerry_Garcia

Here are my Super Lemon Haze and Cherry Pie mothers. I've pulled clones from the SLH to run next. They are just starting to grow some roots.

Please note that I will be cleaning my tray today...drives me nuts when it looks like that!

The Sexbuds and Captain Redbeard's Cherry Pie's are starting to finish up. They are at 59 days 12/12. Sexbuds look very nice...the Cherry Pie's are so so. One out of three is growing and stacking nice but the other 2 are nothing special. Maybe the smoke will be ok but I wouldn't run these again. Also, the Cherry Pie I was gifted looks nothing like the one's I have going now. I don't know what the Captain put into these but I am certain he should never have called them Cherry Pie's.

Attachments

• photo2048260.jpg
    photo2048260.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 32

Jerry_Garcia

Nice Chester! All 8 clones of Super Lemon Haze are now tossing nice roots in the EZ Cloner.

I am just starting to see some amber trichomes on the SexBud's and Cherry Pie's so these all need some more time. Today we are at 62 flowering.

SexBud picture was taken last Wednesday at 56 days. A little foxtailing going on...any reason for this? Maybe just genetics?

Attachments

• photo2048996.jpg
    photo2048996.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 41

Crazy Chester

Nice Chester! All 8 clones of Super Lemon Haze are now tossing nice roots in the EZ Cloner.

I am just starting to see some amber trichomes on the SexBud's and Cherry Pie's so these all need some more time. Today we are at 62 flowering.

SexBud picture was taken last Wednesday at 56 days. A little foxtailing going on...any reason for this? Maybe just genetics?

Well done on the roots! That Sex Bud is...well...it's sexy! I'm not sure what causes foxtailing. I'd guess it's primarily genetics, but can be influenced somewhat by nutrients and lighting.

Jerry_Garcia

Super Lemon Haze cuttings are potted up. Cut 8 and all popped roots.

Attachments

• photo2049481.jpg
    photo2049481.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 32

DoloDankness

Im late on this thread but I'm glad to stick around, that Sexbud looks incredible!!! Cant wait to hear how she smokes.

Jerry_Garcia

Just some pictures from today. The Sexbud are put up in jars and curing. Of the three Cherry Pie's, I jarred one but the other two I will be using for some baking and probably make some RSO.

One picture of a curing Sexbud and one of the SLH cuttings.

Attachments

• photo2050144.jpg
    photo2050144.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2050985.jpg
    photo2050985.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 33

Jerry_Garcia

Did a little taste test on the SexBud. Very nice after only 2 weeks in jars. Smell is a nice citrusy sweet. For the most part, she is all in the head with very little sleepiness or body stone. I would not call this a nighttime smoke. Great for pairing with some early morning coffee.

Here is a picture of the veg tent this morning. On the left is my Cherry Pie mother and on the right are the Super Lemon Haze. I have topped all of the SLH and done a little supercropping. Debating getting them into the flower room in the next week or so. I’m expecting a pretty good stretch so I don’t want to wait too long and risk having them taller than I would like. I’ll check in again once I transplant and get them in flower.

Attachments

• photo2053762.jpg
    photo2053762.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 35

Jerry_Garcia

So it's been a while since I updated. I took cuttings of the Cherry Pie last week Tuesday the 13th and I am just starting to get some tiny roots in the cloner. I think I pulled around 8 and all are looking healthy. Once I know these cuttings are in good shape, I'm gonna cut down mama as she is getting a little big for my 4x4 veg tent.

Still smoking and sharing the Tropic of Censer and Sexbud. Both have been curing for quite some time now and are very tasty. I have some very happy patients that are enjoying these right now!

The Super Lemon Haze are at 22 days of 12/12. I'm not overly surprised but these girls do a serious stretch! They were only at about 18-20" when put into flower on the 1st of July. They are all now around 4.5+ feet so let's just say they have nearly tripled in height. I'm hoping the stretch is about done as I will run out of vertical space soon. Note to self, next time start these a little earlier.

Here's a few shots of the SLH this afternoon.

Attachments

• photo2059253.jpg
    photo2059253.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2059254.jpg
    photo2059254.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 27