What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Crazy Chester

I like her effects a lot. She starts in the head where you can really enjoy it with a cup of coffee in the morning and get your day moving. However, after some time it settles into a very nice, relaxing body high but without any sleepiness. I'm awake and alert and enjoy conversing with others while watching some new Netflix shows. I would not call it a productive high as I was not too interested in house chores or paperwork. If you smoke too much, as I did one early evening, some paranoia can set in. It surprised me as I rarely get a hint of that anymore.

She is definitely worth running again to try and improve results. I'm glad I have her in flower again. The single mother plant and the 8 seedlings I had taken are what's running currently. Excited to have a good amount of her around to smoke for a while.

Sounds like the best of both sativa and indica - without the extremes of both - nice to see she doesn't just get by on her good looks!

G

Good that you like your weed. MIne is not nice enough to smoke and at this stage smells like hay. I hope that nice aroma comes back.

I went through Mr.nice homepage too,btw.

Jerry_Garcia

It's been a little while - I hope everyone had a nice holiday break!

So I have the Tropic of Censers by Brother Mendel Genetics vegging. I need to let my (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG finish flowering before I can get them in the flower room. I will probably let the OPG cross go near 70 days. Given my first run, I think this will be a pretty accurate finish for her.

These TOC's are putting off a strong black pepper smell. Really interesting and even with my lousy sense of smell, I can strongly pick up the pepper. Nice vigorous growth so far with nice tight internodal spacing. Excited to flower these out and pull some clones. I gave these seedlings a bit of a rough start. My tent was sitting down around 65DF and I think it stunted some early growth. Either that or they take a little while to get their legs. Anyway, I put a little ceramic heater in the tent and am keeping the temp at 79DF which they are loving. This weather in the mid-west certainly makes for some dynamic indoor basement growing given we can see 5DF in the winter and 100DF in the summer!

TOC's vegging - sorry...sideways.

(NL#2 x Chem) x OPG early flower.

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

So it looks like the OPG cross will go longer than 10 weeks. I am just starting to get a few amber trichs and a good chunk are still clear on the mother plant. Recall all of the other OPG crosses I have in the flower room are about 1.5 weeks behind.

Given that I won't have room in the flower room for a few weeks, I put my Tropic of Senser's into flower this weekend with them still in the veg tent. Very strange, out of the 7 plants, one was showing signs of a Mag deficiency. I gave her a shot of Cal-Mag and she seems to look a bit better. All of them are about 25-28" tall and not knowing exactly what kind of stretch to expect, I wanted to play safe and put them into flower. I only have the 315 CMH in there but for a few weeks they will be fine. I'm actually pretty impressed with this CMH light. Tight internodal spacing and vigorous growth for not a ton of lumens.

OPG cross at 9 weeks

Tropic of Senser's 7 weeks veg

calientecarlos

Veteran
Fuckin ehh!! Actually been toying with the idea of addin a early flower tent with 315cmh to tame initial stretch n tighten up internodal spacing. Will be watchin ya to see how she goes!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Jerry_Garcia

So the the (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG are down and hang drying. Not a bad run but there is better out there so I have no regrets not keeping her around. Yesterday, the Tropic of Senser's left the veg tent and moved into the flower room under the 1000w hps. I think the 315 cmh that I have in the veg tent serves it's purpose well. They sat in there for 8 weeks before I put them into flower on Jan 31st. They are now all at around 36-40 inches tall and looking very healthy. I'm happy with that light.

I decided to get some of Captain Redbeard's seeds going next. I just dropped his Cherry Pie and Granddaddy Purps into water this evening. Just for fun, I am going to give peat pellets a try again for germination. I'll pull them out of water tomorrow night and get them in wet towels until I see tails.

A few pictures of the TOC's.

Jerry_Garcia

Captain Redbeard's seeds proved to be very fresh. In 18 hours water/h2o2 soak, the GDP had thrown tails. 18 hours in water/h2o2 and then overnight in wet paper towels, all the Cherry Pie had cracked. They are all now in the peat pellets in my propagation dome. They are all planted and ready to show some green through the surface!

Last edited:

Hopefull Stoner

Captain Redbeard's seeds proved to be very fresh. In 18 hours water/h2o2 soak, the GDP had thrown tails. 18 hours in water/h2o2 and then overnight in wet paper towels, all the Cherry Pie had cracked. They are all now in the peat pellets in my propagation dome. They are all planted and ready to show some green through the surface!

that's awesome news and congrats. are u going to make a captain redbeard thread for his gear. i been looking for grow on his stuff?

i already took the plunge, have some of his stuff in vault. only thing is they are no where remotely close to being run as they are pretty new. i have recent new bean up to 16-18 yr old beans to try and germ 1st. :ying:

Jerry_Garcia

Hey Stoner, I probably won't start a new thread. I'll just document the grow here. Just a pain to have two threads going.

So everything was going well with the GDP and Cherry Pie seeds until I put them in peat pellets. As I mentioned, I hadn't done them in a while and just for fun, I gave them another shot with these seeds. They all had cracked but all but three Cherry Pie's have broken ground. I dug the other 7 seeds out and although cracked, they hadn't gone any further since planting. So, I placed those 7 in rapid rooters in my propagation dome this morning as I've had good luck with those a few grows ago. Now for some patience...I guess this is a lesson to stick with what works for you and it varies from grower to grower.

I've also placed a humidifier in my flower room yesterday. In the winter my Rh sits around 30-35% which I know is way too low. This should make the TOC's smile a bit. :smoke:

Jerry_Garcia

I'm curious Stoner, what are these old seeds you are trying to germ? I love when someone tries to get a classic going again. If I could get my hands on some Apollo 11 from Brothers Grimm I'd be all over it!

Jerry_Garcia

I usually have my seeds break ground faster than this but I am still waiting for all 5 of the GDP and 2 of the Cherry Pie to pop through the soil. Maybe a little more patience is needed. I'll let them go maybe another week. Just in case I am only left with the remaining 3 Cherry Pie's, I started to soak some of Female Seeds Sexbud. Terrible name but it was their attempt to improve C99. They crossed White Grapefruit with C99 and wanted to maintain C99's sativa high and short flowering time while adding some grapefruit/pineapple/peach smelling terpenes. People give it some great reviews so we'll see.

Crazy Chester

I usually have my seeds break ground faster than this but I am still waiting for all 5 of the GDP and 2 of the Cherry Pie to pop through the soil. Maybe a little more patience is needed. I'll let them go maybe another week. Just in case I am only left with the remaining 3 Cherry Pie's, I started to soak some of Female Seeds Sexbud. Terrible name but it was their attempt to improve C99. They crossed White Grapefruit with C99 and wanted to maintain C99's sativa high and short flowering time while adding some grapefruit/pineapple/peach smelling terpenes. People give it some great reviews so we'll see.

I'm hoping that "Sexbud" yields some nice phenos for you, Jerry - sounds interesting.

Jerry_Garcia

The Sexbud's from Female Seeds all sprouted and are currently in my veg tent. I'm keeping that tent steady at 78F and 70% RH and so far so good. The flowering Tropic of Censer's continue to look healthy. They are starting to sugar up and stack. I thought I might have had a potassium deficiency starting...just about 5 leaves had the telltale signs...so I just gave them some HPK yesterday. Not overly concerned but better safe than sorry.

Attachments

• photo2025710.jpg
    photo2025710.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 19
  • photo2025712.jpg
    photo2025712.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 19

Jerry_Garcia

Pretty happy with all the girls at the moment. The 3 Cherry Pie's from Captain Redbeard are looking strong for day 15 from breaking ground and were just topped. The 7 Sexbud's are on day 6 from breaking ground and looking sturdy. The Tropic of Censer's currently in the flower room are healthy and starting to frost up nicely. They are at 39 days of 12/12 and per the breeder (Brother Mendel) they will go 58-62 days so a good three weeks left. Over the weekend, I just gave them a product called Recharge from Real Growers (essentially a microbial shot that can apparently replace teas. Heard good things so worth a try. I also picked up some Cultured Biologix EZ Tea (Bloom and Grow). I will be giving those products a try on the Cherry Pie's and Sexbud's. Happy growing folks and stay lifted!

Attachments

• photo2026838.jpg
    photo2026838.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2027465.jpg
    photo2027465.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 17
  • photo2027466.jpg
    photo2027466.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 16
  • photo2027469.jpg
    photo2027469.jpg