What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

G

Wow..they root so quick. I might just toss mine this arvo if i cant see roots starting properly. good job,Jerry :good:

Crazy Chester

"My best girl gave me a few presents yesterday for decorating the grow room. Love her![FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT]

Reminds me of some words I love to hear Jerry Garcia sing: "Lord, you can see that it's true - they love each-other."[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Jerry_Garcia

A few more pictures from this morning. I wanted to show the (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG (first pic). Given the lineage, I'm surprised it doesn't look a bit more sativa. I guess the Afghani from the Northern Lights is expressing strongly. The bag seed range from 31-35" (80-90 cm) and the NL#2 cross is at 21" (53 cm), brought up with some 1 gallon pots underneath.

I didn't take a picture this morning but the cuttings are continuing to shoot roots fast. Only one has yet to show me anything but it is probably my least favorite of the bag seeds so I'm not real concerned if she doesn't make it.

Day 8 of Flower

Last edited:
G

Looking lovely,Jerry ..
I am now in the same temperature troubles you were in a few weeks back. Garage is getting hot as fuck already. Can i ask you,what ac's you looked at? If i end up using one it has to be a smallish and cheap to run unit just to keep temps in check..not to create a perfect environment...that would cost me a fortune. Any advicr,jerry or chester? Cheers,Ivan

Jerry_Garcia

Hi Ivan, I really didn’t look long enough to find the one I would have purchased. I got a little frustrated with the decibels these things put out and finding a real quiet one was starting to be difficult. Recall, my grow room is directly under my dinning room.

So I’m curious, what kind of setup are you running?

Jerry_Garcia

Cuttings at 11 days in the cloner and a group shot at 10 days flower. Really seeing quite the stretch for all four bag seed ladies. About 1.5-2" of growth per day. Starting to get some small bud growth at the tips. I gave the group a good drink of Earth Juice tea yesterday morning enough to get a small amount of runoff. I am still feeding very light, only at about 550 ppm with my water coming in at 200 ppm. They don't seem to be wanting for anything so I'm gonna keep my concentrations low for now. I also am still using the MH and think I will switch to the HPS this weekend...two weeks into flower.

Jerry_Garcia

Other than grabbing some seedlings and cutting a few fan leaves here and there, I haven’t messed with the plants much. Given the look and stature of my plants, do you think I could benefit from some defoliation? It seems to be a pretty standard technique for growers to get the plant to focus on bud production. I’ve read that doing a final defoliation 2-3 weeks into flower is optimal. Thoughts?

G

Hey Jerry,

Sorry for the delay..I'm flat out at the moment.

The setup I use atm is a 90x150cm growlab tent and two 250w lights. (One hps and one mh..lol)

Things have been up and down lately. I'm currently building a proper grow room. I'm fighting a war on 3 fronts. I got a second 80x80cm tent waiting to be put up, but summer is pushing in hard, so I ran into heat problems already and have to sort them out asap.
The smaller tent will be veg room with 250w mh and in the 90x150 I will put in a 600w hps inside a coolshade. Once the room is ready i need that ac badly.
Your plants are doing better than mine. I hope to see fat buds very soon.
Greets,ivan

Jerry_Garcia

Hi Ivan, thanks for the rundown of your setup. Sorry to hear about the heat. We are obviously coming into fall here so holding decent temps is getting a little easier. I’m certain you’ll get it dialed in.

Went to check my clones this morning and found that I had left my misters and air stones off all night! All of the clones are looking sad and droopy. Oh well, they should pop back up in a few hours...I hope. I'm pretty confident they will as I did this once before - Urgh! EDIT* They are already perking up, whew!

So when do folks pull their clones and plant in soil? Are the roots I currently have enough for a good transplant?

I went ahead and did some defoliation this morning on all of the ladies. I may have left too many lower bud sights but I'm likely gonna call this good enough.

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Hi Ivan, thanks for the rundown of your setup. Sorry to hear about the heat. We are obviously coming into fall here so holding decent temps is getting a little easier. I’m certain you’ll get it dialed in.

Went to check my clones this morning and found that I had left my misters and air stones off all night! All of the clones are looking sad and droopy. Oh well, they should pop back up in a few hours...I hope. I'm pretty confident they will as I did this once before - Urgh! EDIT* They are already perking up, whew!

So when do folks pull their clones and plant in soil? Are the roots I currently have enough for a good transplant?

I went ahead and did some defoliation this morning on all of the ladies. I may have left too many lower bud sights but I'm likely gonna call this good enough.

View Image

View Image

I was going to suggest you trim it like this:

picture.php

But, you did it anyway! :biglaugh:

You are going to get some serious buds out of that set up. It's going to be fun to watch them develop.

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

I hope so Chester...still quite a bit of time left but it seems everything is set up for a nice finish. Today I also put some 4 foot stakes in to start holding up the plants. These bag seeds are just stretching like crazy and a bit lanky. They seem to be very healthy so it must just be the nature of this strain. Downside, it may be a bit of a long flower time. Bonus, I love me a nice sativa leaning strain.

G

Lol...Jerry

Seems like we run into the same troubles/ mistakes.

I wouldnt worrie much about your clones, they will come back to live as the roots are developed well. I had it happening just two days after the cuttings had been taken and that was their death sentence.
All the best,
Ivan

Jerry_Garcia

Awe man, sorry to hear the clones officially didn’t make it. I am so impressed with this EZ Cloner. I know it wasn’t cheap but I look at it this way, one run of successful cloning and I figure the unit paid for itself.

Jerry_Garcia

So I put 4 of my bag seed clones (3 of what is #3 bag seed and 1 of what is #2 bag seed) in soil this morning. For sure my two favorite thus far.

Day 12 of flower

So funny story. Recall I was gifted these seeds from my girlfriend's best friend. In fairness and for fun, I let her chose the strain name and well, apparently her nickname is "Asian Sensation." We have a name for the bag seed folks! She may very well have little or no Asian lineage but it is what it is.

Last edited:
G

Well, then good luck for the Asian Sensation...where did she get the seeds from? I used to have thousands of asian bagseeds from time spent in cambodia. Sadly i had to leave them behind. Is the source of yours known?

Latest posts

Latest posts