What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Crazy Chester

Beautiful structure on that plant, Jerry! It certainly would be nice to see old school WW make a come back too.

As far as possible root pests go, it's usually either fungus gnats or root aphids. You don't have fungus gnats because you would have seen them flying around and it doesn't look like your medium is wet enough for that. Root aphids may be undetected - but - I think you would have seen worse damage by now if you had a typical root aphid infestation. You are in a weird in between state - it could mean any bad bugs have only a slight advantage over some good bugs who are fighting them - or, it could mean I'm completely wrong about the root bugs possibility.

I'm on the fence at this point about what it could be.

Although it didn't seem to me that your PH was off, perhaps these particular plants just like it a bit lower. If that's the case, you already fixed it with your flush and you'll proceed to harvest with no new damage to the plants.

At this point, I would consider any problem fixed and proceed towards harvest while keeping your water and nutes under 7 PH.

Jerry_Garcia

Day 61 Flower

Day 61 Flower

Just a quick check-in. So I cut down one of the AS's last night, she was ready. The other 3 AS's and the OPG cross have a little bit to go but I'm expecting they will all be down shortly. The OPG cross remains the shinning star, no big surprise there. Everything in the veg tent remains positive. I have the OPG cross mother plant, 2 potted up and 6 cuttings that are just starting to root.

I'm excited to have this grow behind me and get a winter run going. I learned a lot about my new grow space which was the primary objective of this grow. The seeds from Brother Mendel arrived (FYI - found him on a local Growers Facebook page and was impressed with all the positive reviews). One is Miss Mendo '06 = '06 Mendo Purps x Tropic of Censer(Purple Cut). I also grabbed his pure Tropic of Censer to try given he crosses it to many of his strains. I have too many seeds now, I don't know what I will run after this next grow! I have Female Seeds C99 that might have to be the next one! I've never run Cindy but I have run Apollo 11 (Jack Herer x C99) that is my favorite plant I've ever grown. Hats off to Bros Grimm for that beauty.

Veg Room 11-Nov-20

(NL#2 x Chem) x OPG 61 Days Flower

G

Well done Jerry, I'm close to finish mine soon too. I hope you enjoy your harvest as much as i enjoyed watching your plants grow. Good luck for the new genetics.

Ivan

Jerry_Garcia

Thanks Ivan. The other three AS’s and the OPG cross came down today. 64 days flower. All were showing just a few amber trichs with the balance being cloudy so a good time to give them the chop. I’ll come back for a smoke report once we get a few weeks cure. Thanks all for following along and giving me some guidance along the way. A few tweaks to my system for the next grow and I expect a very good next run. Happy growing everyone!

Jerry_Garcia

So we are at about 2 weeks curing in jars. No real noticeable smells coming out of the jars yet but they are holding steady at 62% RH...I do use Boveda packs. I've tried both the AS and OPG cross. A bit early but why not. The AS is nothing special thus far, glad I culled them and didn't waste anymore time with them. The OPG cross is nice so far! A little in the head at first and then a nice body stone sets in that is great for delving into a good Netflix or Hulu series. We've been watching A Teacher on Hulu...it's a little uncomfortable to watch but we like it a lot.

So my plan for the next few months. I am going to flower out the OPG cross mother and a few cuttings I've taken. I just placed Brother Mendel's Tropic of Censer in water/H2O2 last night. Funny, I didn't think this through as I am heading out of town tomorrow through Sunday so I am having my lady get these up and running for me. I trust she will do great! She better, these were not cheap seeds! Ha! Really excited to run these next and they will have plenty of veg time as I flower out the OPG cross.

A pic of mother 7 days into flower. She is going to be a beast!

I hope everyone is well and your grows are stellar!

JG

Jerry_Garcia

So my beautiful lady did excellent getting these Tropic Of Censer's up and going for me. So far we have 5 of 9 above the soil in solo cups and just waiting on 4 to break ground. All I told her was not to water to much...and she didn't! I've never sowed right into a cup full of soil before but so far so good. I haven't smoke tested the OPG cross again but I likely will later this week...they'll be at about 3 weeks in jars. Some terpenes are starting to become noticeable but I'll leave it to my lady to give you guys an actual profile once she gets a chance. My sense of smell is just awful.

Ivan, you mentioned you were nearing the end of a grow. How did things end up?

G

I'm chopping my two Strawberry Akeil today. They smelkl like Strawberry..unreal.

the 3BlueKings takes another week i guess. Had issues,so not too much weight on the Strawberrys. But i wasnt after big crop..i only needed good smoke. I hope I can smoke some before new year. Not quite sure what to grow next. I got a box full of different strains.. decisions,decisions
S92o
far i got three cutting of both strains going and a DNA lemon skunk and th seeds orangsicle. Lemon Skunk looks promising.

Have you ever heard of regular Super Lemon Haze seeds in America? Bloody hard to find..I got some. But it was tough and I'm not sure how they will turn out. All i want is SLH...best strain ever...thats if you're a sativa head??

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Have you ever heard of regular Super Lemon Haze seeds in America? Bloody hard to find..I got some. But it was tough and I'm not sure how they will turn out. All i want is SLH...best strain ever...thats if you're a sativa head??

Speaking of SLH - I have this one:

picture.php

It's a cut from Purple City Genetics that they say is "Franco's Breeder's Cut".

I'm holding her as long as I can - it's excellent!

Crazy Chester

Looking great,Chester yummmnmmm

I’ll keep a lookout for the Super Lemon Haze Ivan. Nice work Chester! Beautiful healthy lady

Thanks, guys. After I put my last mother into flower, the clones didn't take - she takes a long time to root - when she does root she's barely got enough tissue alive to generate into a mother. And that's with using clonex gel. So, she's a bit tricky to clone. Luckily, I got a lower grow tip on my flowering former mother plant to root - it was my last shot. Now, that clone is my new SLH mother and she's starting to rock out some new growth:

picture.php

I should have new clones cut off her in a week or so. As long as I have her, she's available for road trips if you guys want a visit.

G

Looking nice,Jerry. I hope taste and effect is what you like.

And i wish i Could just do a roadtrip now..lol
Jokes aside..I got two different bags of the SLH seeds already. One feminized from bsf seeds and a regular one from mr.hide. Will keep u updated about the rooting of their clones...I hope it's not as you say,chester

If you ever need a male SLH..that's the only one I could find anywhere...worldwide. since fucken Arjan only sell fems it's hard to get one. Here's the link to it:

https://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Mr_Sugar_Lemon_Haze/Mr_Hide_Seeds/

Pain in the arse to pay for the order..but so it is if I order some from America.

Crazy Chester

If you ever need a male SLH..that's the only one I could find anywhere...worldwide. since fucken Arjan only sell fems it's hard to get one. Here's the link to it:
https://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Mr_Sugar_Lemon_Haze/Mr_Hide_Seeds/
Pain in the arse to pay for the order..but so it is if I order some from America.

Thanks for the link to the "regular" SLH seeds Ivan! I hear you on the male - I was just musing to myself that I should start a daddy room. Yeah, Arjan pissed me off when he went all in on the fems and autos.

EDIT: I went to the site and it doesn't look like they are offering SLH anymore. Also, when I clicked on the few available links on the "regular" seeds page, it redirected me to a feminized version of the seed. Males are becoming rarer and rarer...

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

Very nice, Jerry. What do you think of her effects?

I like her effects a lot. She starts in the head where you can really enjoy it with a cup of coffee in the morning and get your day moving. However, after some time it settles into a very nice, relaxing body high but without any sleepiness. I'm awake and alert and enjoy conversing with others while watching some new Netflix shows. I would not call it a productive high as I was not too interested in house chores or paperwork. If you smoke too much, as I did one early evening, some paranoia can set in. It surprised me as I rarely get a hint of that anymore.

She is definitely worth running again to try and improve results. I'm glad I have her in flower again. The single mother plant and the 8 seedlings I had taken are what's running currently. Excited to have a good amount of her around to smoke for a while.