What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Jerry_Garcia

I really wish I knew the source of the seeds but I honestly have no clue. She had purchased some flower from her regular guy and a few seeds had come in one bag. It will be interesting to see if any of them are truly decent. They have been fun to grow so far and they have all been very similar in stature. We’ll see what AS has in store.

Jerry_Garcia

I tried three times to upload pics today and they come in rotated each time. Sorry, but I gave up and will just post as is. You'll have to turn your head sideways. HA!

This morning I took another 4 clones and put them in soil. So now I have 6 of the AS and 2 of the (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG. That leaves me with 7 healthy clones plus one that just started to root (AS#6). I will be gifting those to a legal medical grower here in town.

I think I mentioned earlier in error which AS girls are my favorite. I like #1 and #3 the most. #1 I did some LST and #3 was the one that I snapped the stem early in veg. It obviously recovered nicely and who knows, maybe some of the structure I like came out due to the stress I put on her early.

(NL#2 x Chem) x OPG

AS#1

AS#2

AS#3

AS#6

TahoeTops

I tried three times to upload pics today and they come in rotated each time. Sorry, but I gave up and will just post as is. You'll have to turn your head sideways. HA!

This morning I took another 4 clones and put them in soil. So now I have 6 of the AS and 2 of the (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG. That leaves me with 7 healthy clones plus one that just started to root (AS#6). I will be gifting those to a legal medical grower here in town.

I think I mentioned earlier in error which AS girls are my favorite. I like #1 and #3 the most. #1 I did some LST and #3 was the one that I snapped the stem early in veg. It obviously recovered nicely and who knows, maybe some of the structure I like came out due to the stress I put on her early.

(NL#2 x Chem) x OPG
View Image

AS#1
View Image

AS#2
View Image

AS#3
View Image

AS#6
View Image

Turn your phone sideways to landscape position to take any photos to upload here.

Jerry_Garcia

Thanks Tahoe - what was recommended to me earlier was to modify the picture a touch, simple crop, and then upload the pictures here. It was working perfectly until this morning. Who knows?

Jerry_Garcia

Day 15 of flower

Day 15 of flower

Some pics from this morning. Day 15 of flower. The eight clones continue to look healthy. Those are at 17 days from cut.

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

Day 17 Flower

Day 17 Flower

All continues to go well. The clones are growing nicely under the 315w CMH and are at about 6-7 inches (15 - 18 cm). All the flowering ladies are starting to throw some small buds and still stretching (I still have the MH on). I am feeding with every watering but recall I am feeding pretty lite (500-550 ppm with my water coming in at 200). I've read some good things about fulvic acid so I added a little Mr. Fulvic and some liquid kelp to the currently brewing Earth Juice tea. Temperatures are holding nicely in both the flowering room and the tent within. I'm getting about 78DF lights on and 72DF lights off. RH is steady at about 45%.

Group Shot

Asian Sensation #1

Last edited:
G

Looking so good,Jerry .. Been quote a bit,but always checking in your pists silently in the Background. The will fatten up now and I'm EXCITED...big smile.
Cu soon,buddy

Jerry_Garcia

Day 20 Flower

Day 20 Flower

Still getting a little bit of stretch on all of the flowering plants but it has slowed down a bit. I'm planning to switch to the HPS in the next few days. I tried my hand again at some super cropping on the 8 cuttings I took, they were all about 8-9" (20-23 cm). None of them snapped on me so I'm gonna call it a success this go around. These are on day 22 since I took the cuttings.

G

Healthy looking clones,Jerry:yes:
Mine keep getting a bit yellowish in the middle if the new leafes and take ages to show first roots. Do you add fertilizer to the ez cloner?

G

Thx,Jerry .. i just bought the solition too. I hope that kickstarts things here.

Jerry_Garcia

Ivan, good luck on the cloning. I hope this does it for you.

So, I go to check on the plants this morning. I go to open the zipper on my Vivosun tent and it gets stuck at a certain point. I try to get it past and in doing so, I noticed some of the teeth got bent. A little soap and I was able to get one of the pulls to get past the broken teeth and got the tent closed up. I would attempt to fix the zipper but these zippers don't have single teeth, it is more of a coil that the pulls slid on. I'm just venting, of all the things to go wrong with a grow, I get a broken tent zipper!

G

Ahhh for fucks Sake..was that a brandnew one? if it was..I would return it. The zipper is probably the most expensive thing in the whole tent:comfort:

Jerry_Garcia

Yeah, I’ve contacted Vivosun directly. We’ll see how they respond. It was a new tent. A good lesson learned, it certainly doesn’t hurt to soap up those zippers on the regular. They move so much smoother.

G

I know...candle wax does the trick too. Zipper are expensive. its the worst when those give up. Specially...whos gonna repair a tent for you? I wouldnt know where to go or who to trust with it.

Btw my clones still havent shown any sign of improvement. Starting to turn yellow. I might just give up on them too. Bit i was a lazy dick and didnt change water betwren the two runs. And now its coming back like a boomerang...ouch. start again with seeds soon and then i post pics here too. Just recently found out i could just send screenshots.

Jerry_Garcia

Day 29 Flower

Day 29 Flower

Sucks to hear about the clones Ivan. Well, good luck on starting some new seeds.

Everything is going well. The stretch is about done (the NL#2 cross stretched the longest but she is also about done now and is at 41" (104 cm)). The Asian Sensations are all about 48-54" (123 - 137 cm). On a few of the clones I had taken, I saw what I thought was some calcium deficiency again. Not on all of the vegging plants but 2 or 3 of the AS's. As was mentioned before, I'm thinking it may be as simple as not mixing my soil well enough. Entirely possible so I'll be watching that close next time I mix some up. A little shot of Cal-n-Mag and they all are looking good. I am continuing to feed with an Earth Juice Bloom formula and aerating a few days before watering. I switched over to my 600w HPS on the 8th.

Jerry_Garcia

Lookin good Jerry! I love Earth Juice!

Thanks Carlos! I've really missed growing, my last grow was more than 10 years ago. Such a fun hobby.

Yes, I have always used Earth Juice and don't want to change as I have always had very good results and few problems. I've noticed some grow shops don't carry it anymore and they always recommend Roots Organic instead. Maybe I'll try it someday when I can't simply "buy now" on Amazon! I find it amazing and awesome that we can now get all kinds of nutrients there, they actually now have quite a few lines.

calientecarlos

Veteran
Shijeahbud great hobby! I took a 5 r so year break from growing indoor and was just doin outdoor.

The seablast and hi-brix lines I have had great luck with. I just ran out of a bunch of botanicare that was gifted to me and I felt obliged to use but am lookin forward to goin back to da earth juice!

G

Looking great,Jerry

Can I ask what your soil was made of?

With the cloner..I blame it on the white bucket being sprayed black. Will change it over to a black one and we'll see.

Latest posts

Latest posts