What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

G

Tried to edit again and this is the outcome....fucken hell
Sry, jerry

G

Hmm...19 inches...how much was that again? :chin:
I'm a bloody kraut though...lol.
Maybe the look in your pics is deceiving. Damn...that's 50cm. Ripper bro..i take back what i said about the growth. Your definitely ahead of me. Mine are max 30cm...but as i said..i bent the living crap out of them, to the point of some branches breaking or splitting. If you build a cloner..let me know how much you gad to spend. That aussie dollar is fucked..so i laid around a hundred. I wouldn't be surprised if you get away with 50 bucks. all the best for you and the ladies
Btw...how are the temperatures now?

Jerry_Garcia

Ivan, I'll let you know about the cloner.

A few more pics to show the height. One is the two bag seed that I didn't LST, one that I did a little LST and the three NL#2 crosses (still in one gallon pots). I just gave them a little spritz so they may look a little wet.

Temperatures at the canopy are holding very steady at 78-79F lights on.

Jerry_Garcia

Finally got around to making the room changes I mentioned a while back. I'm now pulling fresh cooler air into the veg tent and I also cut into my HVAC and dropped in an air diffuser. It will be interesting to see the room temperature drop once we come back around to warmer temps. It's currently closed off given we had to turn on the damn heat already.

All of the plants seem happy at the moment. Thought I may have had a calcium deficiency a number of days back. It was only one plant so I found it very odd. I gave them all a light shot of CalMag and all seems to now be well.

I broke down and just purchased an EZ Clone 16 system. I have one of the bag seed ladies that has really caught my attention. I didn't train her at all and she is branching beautifully. I am also closely watching one of the (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG. I am pretty certain she is a female and her vigor is a step above the other two. I may just focus on these two plants for cloning. I'll give them a good drink today and be ready for cloning Sunday. Then I plan to flip to 12/12.

G

Nice Jerry, looking good. Keep it up!
I'm just test driving my new selfmade ez cloner. Getting ready for cuttings in two three days too. Does the original come woth a dome? Thinking of a clear plastic bag to cover the top. Good luck with the cloning

Jerry_Garcia

It does not come with a dome - we'll see how it goes. My only addition to the setup is a pump for a pair of air stones.

G

I've just thrown mine out,because of ph level swings. Once you install your pump, keep an eye on it. I think the pump was making it go crazy. Now without it i have less changes.. I liked the idea of more oxygen
Sigh

G

I tossed the airpumps.. the aerocloner is still on testdrive today . Moving it into the tent today to see if temps l change. Will be cutting clones tomorrow with a bit of luck:dance:

G

Hey Jerry, I guess your temps in the cloner went up a bit too? I corrected my ph with baking soda today. Had to bring it down about 0.6
How about yours?

Edit: baking soda puts the ph higher...i did it with ph down and went over...then i used baking soda. Silly,i know

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

I think I might need to toss my air stones as well. I set the water pH at around 6.2 and this morning it had shot up to 7.5. I brought it back down and I'll check it again tonight. If it is still erratic, I'll be getting the stones out of there and hopefully it will settle down. My temps are holding steady in the tent as well as the room at about 74 lights off and 78/79 lights on.

Crazy Chester

Finally got around to making the room changes I mentioned a while back. I'm now pulling fresh cooler air into the veg tent and I also cut into my HVAC and dropped in an air diffuser. It will be interesting to see the room temperature drop once we come back around to warmer temps. It's currently closed off given we had to turn on the damn heat already.

All of the plants seem happy at the moment. Thought I may have had a calcium deficiency a number of days back. It was only one plant so I found it very odd. I gave them all a light shot of CalMag and all seems to now be well.

I broke down and just purchased an EZ Clone 16 system. I have one of the bag seed ladies that has really caught my attention. I didn't train her at all and she is branching beautifully. I am also closely watching one of the (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG. I am pretty certain she is a female and her vigor is a step above the other two. I may just focus on these two plants for cloning. I'll give them a good drink today and be ready for cloning Sunday. Then I plan to flip to 12/12.

View Image View Image View Image View Image
Your grow room changes and plants are looking good, Jerry!

Jerry_Garcia

Thanks Chester. I should have also mentioned that I did make the switch to 12/12 so we can call Monday day 1 of flower. I did confirm one of the NL#2 crosses is a female, one is a male (culled) and one is still undetermined. I think it is a female so it and the other female were transplanted into their final 7 gallon pots. Now hoping for health and no more than a stretch of 2x. I can take a little more but it will be pushing it. The bag seed are ranging from 23 to 28”.

pH of the cloning reservoir held overnight at about 6.2 so I am leaving the air stones in for now.

Jerry_Garcia

7 days rooting. pH is holding at around 5.7 in the reservoir.

Oh, I confirmed this morning that one of my NL#2 crosses is male so I’m left with one female. She is expressing good vigor, health and smell so far so I’m happy to have her in the garden! ...and I did take a few cuttings from her.

picture.php

G

Yeah, i second that.. quick root development there. I had to suffer a couple of punches in the gut with clogged drippers and ph swings at the beginning. I hope they survive. One is looking like it starts to root, but gee...i forgot how quicklu hydro can screw things up. Ended up not using a dome...sprayed them with a light rhizotonic every day twice and thats all..just ph 5.5 water so far..looks like its stabil for now. Did you add anything else? Greets, Ivan

Jerry_Garcia

I dipped in Clonex gel and also am using the Clonex clone solution in the reservoir. I did not use a dome nor did I mist much.

Jerry_Garcia

Impressed with this cloner...what I love is the ones that are popping roots the fastest are of my favorite lady of the four bag seeds. Interesting fact, she is the one that I snapped the stem when trying my hand at some super cropping. Glad I grabbed 7 cuttings of her!

My best girl gave me a few presents yesterday for decorating the grow room. Love her!