X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Chester
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry_Garcia View Post

Thanks Chester! Yeah, my curing game needs to step up a bit. There is no doubt I was drying my past grows way to fast. The smoke is very good but the smell and taste just isn't there. I think being able to dial in temp and humidity inside the tent will help immensely.

I'm thinking I may pull some clones off both the Cherry Pie's and Sexbud's just in case there is something special I find. Time to pull out the EasyCloner and hope my cuttings shoot roots as easily as last time.

Keep growing and stay lifted my friends
    Here's rooting for roots!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy Chester View Post
    Temp and humidity sounds good - if you maintain that over the entire drying period, I think it will be stellar. But, if I have the ability to dial in temp and humidity, I like to start off with a lower humidity (35-40%) and then work my way to a higher humidity towards the end of drying (55-60%), just because it seems to lop a few hours off the time it takes to dry, while not lessening the quality of the buds prior to curing. Yet that's totally unnecessary and only benefits the impatient (a little).
    Thanks Chester! Yeah, my curing game needs to step up a bit. There is no doubt I was drying my past grows way to fast. The smoke is very good but the smell and taste just isn't there. I think being able to dial in temp and humidity inside the tent will help immensely.

I'm thinking I may pull some clones off both the Cherry Pie's and Sexbud's just in case there is something special I find. Time to pull out the EasyCloner and hope my cuttings shoot roots as easily as last time.

Keep growing and stay lifted my friends

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Chester
    replied
    Quick question for you folks, what do you consider optimal humidity and temperature as you start hang drying? I've heard 68-70DF to start with humidity around 55%. Thoughts?
    Temp and humidity sounds good - if you maintain that over the entire drying period, I think it will be stellar. But, if I have the ability to dial in temp and humidity, I like to start off with a lower humidity (35-40%) and then work my way to a higher humidity towards the end of drying (55-60%), just because it seems to lop a few hours off the time it takes to dry, while not lessening the quality of the buds prior to curing. Yet that's totally unnecessary and only benefits the impatient (a little).

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    So, I'm at day 59 with the TOC's. Looking very good and still have a little bit to go. I keep checking trichomes and I'm just seeing very few ambers so maybe these will go 65-70 days. We'll see.

One problem, there always seems to be one, is that my veg tent is getting overgrown. I have the 3 Cherry Pies in their 5 gallon fabric pots but I have the 7 Sexbud still in their 1.5 gallon plastics. If I were to transplant all 7, there is no way I can get them all in the tent. I know I am risking these getting awfully rootbound so I need a plan. Given the Sexbud's are really taking off with long internodal spacing, I may transplant all 7 and put 2 or 3 in the flower room alongside the finishing TOC's. The 4 or 5 left over Sexbud's will then fit in the tent and I'll veg them until the TOC's finish. Then those and the 3 Cherry Pie's will head to the flower room while I harvest and hang the drying TOC's in the tent. I think I'm gonna go with that plan and get the Sexbud's transplanted tonight.

Quick question for you folks, what do you consider optimal humidity and temperature as you start hang drying? I've heard 68-70DF to start with humidity around 55%. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    So the Tropic of Censers are at day 52, looking/smelling good and still fattening up. Per the breeder, these should go 8-9 weeks so maybe these will be done sometime late next week or early the following week. Recall these are in Fox Farm Ocean Forest and feed with Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect 3 part formula. It certainly has worked well.

The veg tent is starting to look a little crowded. The Cherry Pies (the left three in my veg tent pic) have been transplanted into their final 5 gallon fabric pots. They are at 29 days since breaking soil. The Sexbuds (smaller plants on the right) are still in their 1.5 gallon pots and are on day 20. All are being topped at least twice. My plan is to harvest the TOC's when they are ready, move the Cherry Pie's and Sexbuds out into the flower room for a few more weeks veg and hang the harvested TOC's in my tent to dry. I am controlling the temp and humidity in the tent well so I think drying them in there is my best option. I have been drying my plants in my open basement and I'm certain I have been drying them too fast given my humidity in there is so low this time of year. I may take some cuttings off the Cherry Pies and Sexbuds this go around and run them again...still undecided. I would do that just before putting them into flower. I'm going with a living soil this go around and excited to see how that goes.

Someone had asked how my 315 cmh was working in my veg tent. I'll tell ya, it's proving to me it's all I need in there. All are healthy and vigorous.

Happy growing everyone and stay lifted!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Originally posted by ErDruida View Post
    nice work! Ill take a sit with your permission
    Any and all are welcome. Great to have you here

Leave a comment:

• ErDruida
    replied
    nice work! Ill take a sit with your permission

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Just a few pictures from this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Tropic of Censer on day 43

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Pretty happy with all the girls at the moment. The 3 Cherry Pie's from Captain Redbeard are looking strong for day 15 from breaking ground and were just topped. The 7 Sexbud's are on day 6 from breaking ground and looking sturdy. The Tropic of Censer's currently in the flower room are healthy and starting to frost up nicely. They are at 39 days of 12/12 and per the breeder (Brother Mendel) they will go 58-62 days so a good three weeks left. Over the weekend, I just gave them a product called Recharge from Real Growers (essentially a microbial shot that can apparently replace teas. Heard good things so worth a try. I also picked up some Cultured Biologix EZ Tea (Bloom and Grow). I will be giving those products a try on the Cherry Pie's and Sexbud's. Happy growing folks and stay lifted!

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Chester
    replied
    Nothing like the promise of new seedlings!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    The Sexbud's from Female Seeds all sprouted and are currently in my veg tent. I'm keeping that tent steady at 78F and 70% RH and so far so good. The flowering Tropic of Censer's continue to look healthy. They are starting to sugar up and stack. I thought I might have had a potassium deficiency starting...just about 5 leaves had the telltale signs...so I just gave them some HPK yesterday. Not overly concerned but better safe than sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Chester
    replied
    I usually have my seeds break ground faster than this but I am still waiting for all 5 of the GDP and 2 of the Cherry Pie to pop through the soil. Maybe a little more patience is needed. I'll let them go maybe another week. Just in case I am only left with the remaining 3 Cherry Pie's, I started to soak some of Female Seeds Sexbud. Terrible name but it was their attempt to improve C99. They crossed White Grapefruit with C99 and wanted to maintain C99's sativa high and short flowering time while adding some grapefruit/pineapple/peach smelling terpenes. People give it some great reviews so we'll see.
    I'm hoping that "Sexbud" yields some nice phenos for you, Jerry - sounds interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    I usually have my seeds break ground faster than this but I am still waiting for all 5 of the GDP and 2 of the Cherry Pie to pop through the soil. Maybe a little more patience is needed. I'll let them go maybe another week. Just in case I am only left with the remaining 3 Cherry Pie's, I started to soak some of Female Seeds Sexbud. Terrible name but it was their attempt to improve C99. They crossed White Grapefruit with C99 and wanted to maintain C99's sativa high and short flowering time while adding some grapefruit/pineapple/peach smelling terpenes. People give it some great reviews so we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    I'm curious Stoner, what are these old seeds you are trying to germ? I love when someone tries to get a classic going again. If I could get my hands on some Apollo 11 from Brothers Grimm I'd be all over it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X