• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy Chester View Post
    Missouri - now, that's humid...

Hopefully, you have plenty of electrical power to draw from, because your de-humidifier must be a beast!

I think air conditioning also raises the humidity in a room slightly.

I always thought ac's work by taking the humididty out the air

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Jesus christ...excuse my grammar. I just saw it

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry_Garcia View Post
    Good thought Ivan. I was thinking the negative pressure in the room would pull air into the tent as well as the rest of the room. I could certainly be wrong here. Setting up a fan to blow air in wouldn’t be too difficult if it is going to be necessary. This is exactly why I am running bag seed for my first run! Gotta get this room ready for the strains I paid good money for.

And yes, I’m getting some “yo-yo’s” for light adjustment. I thought of stacking storage tubs or the like but some extra ducting and a pair of rope hangers wasn’t that expensive so I figured I better do it right the first time.

To make it more understandable...where is your exhaust fan hanging? Because mine will be inside the tent,sucking air though the filter and silencer and from there on it pushes it throught he coolshade out of the tent into the garage. It folds the tent up like a little drink tetea pak almost being emtpy amd because of the air inlets on the bottom of the tent,it automatically ducks fresh air in. When i hqve time after work i look fo4 a picture of how i will run it. I hope you only have to change position of your exhaust fan

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Chester
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry_Garcia View Post
    Humidity in Missouri is certainly an issue so bringing more into the room is not optimal.
    Missouri - now, that's humid...

Hopefully, you have plenty of electrical power to draw from, because your de-humidifier must be a beast!

I think air conditioning also raises the humidity in a room slightly.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Man, I really want to avoid having a portable ac unit in there but I’ll admit I have been pricing them. It wouldn’t be that hard, I would just pop a hole through the wall for the exhaust into the rest of my unfinished basement.

Humidity in Missouri is certainly an issue so bringing more into the room is not optimal.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Chester
    replied
    Hi Jerry - looks good - those bag seeds plants look like they are ready to do some serious growing!

For temperature control - I'd put a 10,000 btu air conditioner in whatever room you are bringing the incoming air from - if it is a room.

If not, maybe you can put a homemade swamp cooler in the basement using box fan, towel and a water container for the towel to wick from - if you can spare the extra humidity.

Or, if your incoming air is coming from directly outside and if you have the room to put in two more lines of flexible duct tubing, you can use one of those air conditioners that doesn't need to be fixed in a window and just sits in the room drawing air in through its ducting and exhausting air out through another duct.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Good thought Ivan. I was thinking the negative pressure in the room would pull air into the tent as well as the rest of the room. I could certainly be wrong here. Setting up a fan to blow air in wouldn’t be too difficult if it is going to be necessary. This is exactly why I am running bag seed for my first run! Gotta get this room ready for the strains I paid good money for.

And yes, I’m getting some “yo-yo’s” for light adjustment. I thought of stacking storage tubs or the like but some extra ducting and a pair of rope hangers wasn’t that expensive so I figured I better do it right the first time.

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Hey Jerry, i guess you are getting those heavy duty yoyo's for the lights..
    You can also just lift them up to be closer to the light with milk crates or something similar. But i wonder how fresh air is getting in your tent with the coolshade set up the way u did it? Looks like that could be the problem after all. Is there anything pushing air in? Am i missing something?
    Keep us updated,buddy

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Opps, didn't mean to insert links above.

[IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    I wanted to show a "before" picture of my tent before I do a little rearranging tonight.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?a...tureid=2064026

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?a...tureid=2064027

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    So a quick update. I had 9 of the 14 bag seeds sprout (already pulled 3 that were slow to start) - I probably may have gotten the rest to come up but it's just bag seed so I really didn't care. I put them in my grow tent with the LED corn cob light. I realized I made a mistake in getting that tent set up. I did not allow for height adjustment on the light, I just hung it to a cross bar. That being the case, I had some stretch I needed to find a fix for. I moved them under my HPS with the light about 3 feet above. They are looking fine and currently pushing up their 3 set of leaves.

Tonight I am going to reconfigure the tent and make that LED height adjustable. I am also going back to the paper towel method and get my seeds to sprout before putting them into the Rapid Rooters. I placed 5 NL#2 x Chem x OPG into towels late on Friday...these were a freebie. Late last night 3 had popped and are in Rapid Rooters in my propagation dome and heated tray. Just waiting on the other two to open up.

Temps in the room are running about 72-80F. Again, I wish I could get my top temp down a little but I think I will run one cycle and see how it goes. If it doesn't go great, I may just drop down to a 600w. Shoot, the last time I grew I was running a 400w and was thrilled with the results.

Of course the 6 plants that are up don't need much water but what I am giving them is straight tap adjusted to a pH of around 6.7. PPM of my tap water is around 200. No nutrients yet. With the soil I have mixed up, I probably won't give them anything but water until they tell me they need something.

I'm really glad I started with some bag seed to get my green thumb back where it needs to be. No disastrous results yet but I am learning and dialing my space in before I get some of my feminized seeds going. I'm still thinking of running Blue Gelato first as its lineage is pretty impressive. I guess its DJ Shorts Blueberry with GSC and Sherbert. I'm excited for that one!

I hope everyone is well - Happy Growing!

Leave a comment:

• Jerry_Garcia
    replied
    Thanks guys - we’ll see what I end up doing. I thought about dropping down to a 600w but I figure I’d be sacrificing yield if I go that route. If I understand correctly, my warmer temperature will also likely bring my yield down a bit too. I may just run it as is and see how the plants look. I can easily install a higher cfm fan if absolutely necessary and that should get me down a few degrees.

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Sorry for the grammar, still cant edit my posts

Leave a comment:

• Ivan Milat
    replied
    Maybe run the lights at night? Or get fresh (colder) air from a cooler part of the house to get pumped in there. Otherwise theres the option of a cooltube/shade or stronger exhaust fan settings or as you mentioned an air conditioner. I guess you wont settle for a 600w light...right?

Good luck..ibe got a feeling very doon i will be in the same boat temperature wise...

Leave a comment:

• view2athrill
    replied
    Hey there, sounds like you're well on your way to a great setup. As for the heat, yeah, if you can ramp up the cooling down in there, you won't regret it, especially before getting anything growing, which will raise temps/humidity once it's going.

Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X