What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Jerry_Garcia

Just a quick shot of the Cherry Pie's. All 10 rooted nicely and are now in their 1.5 gallon pots. I gotta say, I really like this EZ-Cloner I purchased. It just doesn't fail. I add a little bit of CloneX and pH the water down to around 5.8. The cloner does the rest. I should have taken a picture of the roots before I put them in soil but trust me, very white and full.

Attachments

• photo2060926.jpg
    photo2060926.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 35
G

Fuck yeah,Jerry...Rock n roll! Sexbud looks really nice,congrats. I'm so excited for you to run the SLH next. It's my absolute favorit. I hope you will like it. Just a tiny bud,but that's my SLH of BSFseeds. It's really tasty and gives a beautiful daytime buzz
Greets, Ivan

Btw..I started mine 12/12 from seed and topped them and they still got huge and wouldn't even stop growing from the topping. Crazy stuff..almost like SSH

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-112829_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-112829_Gallery.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

Just a quick shot of the Super Lemon Haze at 35 days flower. An absolute beauty so far.

Attachments

• photo2062079.jpg
    photo2062079.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 34

Jerry_Garcia

The SLH are still healthy and looking good.

Attachments

• photo2063651.jpg
    photo2063651.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2063652.jpg
    photo2063652.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 39

Jerry_Garcia

Whatever you are doing, Jerry - they are loving it - just dripping with resin!

Thanks Chester! This is probably my most frosty this early in flower. I’m excited as these ladies still have about 5 weeks to go. As expected they are a bit “lanky” and will not be able to support the upcoming flower weight. I have them staked with some 4 foot bamboo sticks but with the height they have reached, I just ordered some 5 footers which will help keep the top buds stable.

I’ve played around with some different soils and Fox Farms Ocean Forest works well for me. For nutrients, I’m trying Botanicare’s Pure Blend Pro Grow and soil specific Bloom this run…certainly happy so far. I only feed every other watering and use Cultured Biologix EZ Tea every 3 weeks or so. Some Botanicare Liquid Karma every 3-4 weeks and some preventative CalMag every 2-3 weeks. I feed all of my nutrients pretty light…1/2 strength or less than what is recommended. So long as these SLH finish up well, I’ll run the same program with the Cherry Pie’s.

No picture but trust me, the Cherry Pie’s I have vegging are getting big fast. I’ve topped them now twice and I will likely need to top a few more times to keep the height down. I’m thinking I’ll have to cull a few as my tent will run out of space quick. Given I have to wait at least another 5 weeks while the SLH finishes up, these are gonna get too big too fast.

Happy growing everyone! :joint:

Jerry_Garcia

Fuck yeah,Jerry...Rock n roll! Sexbud looks really nice,congrats. I'm so excited for you to run the SLH next. It's my absolute favorit. I hope you will like it. Just a tiny bud,but that's my SLH of BSFseeds. It's really tasty and gives a beautiful daytime buzz
Greets, Ivan

Btw..I started mine 12/12 from seed and topped them and they still got huge and wouldn't even stop growing from the topping. Crazy stuff..almost like SSH

Thanks Ivan! That bud looks stellar. I am certainly curious how yours grew for you. How long did they flower? Did you find them to be a bit “lanky” as well? How did they take to your feeding regimen? Anything you could share would be awesome. Years ago, I always wanted to get my hands on some SLH but never did.

Great to hear you enjoy the daytime buzz. That is exactly what I am looking for with these ladies. For me, sativa leaning cultivars are the way to go. I’m just not a huge fan of the heavy indica’s that glue you to the couch. When my creativity and energy are up, I know I found something special.

PassionForMJ

They look beautiful dude, I'll have to add SLH to my list of strains to grow before I die.
Keep doing what you are doing, I bet in the end they will taste amazing!

Jerry_Garcia

The veg tent this morning. Cherry Pies vegging and SLH in the cloner. Some early roots on the cuttings so I chopped mama down last night. I’m still very impressed with what that 315 CMH does for me in the tent.

Attachments

• photo2065511.jpg
    photo2065511.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 39

PassionForMJ

I noticed you said you can legally have 6 flower, 6in vegg, and 6 clones, that is awesome, where I am the limit if 4 no matter what, trying to do a small perpetual grow with 4 plants only is tough!!
I hope my state changes it to at least 4-4-4

Jerry_Garcia

I noticed you said you can legally have 6 flower, 6in vegg, and 6 clones, that is awesome, where I am the limit if 4 no matter what, trying to do a small perpetual grow with 4 plants only is tough!!
I hope my state changes it to at least 4-4-4

That’s ridiculous! So you’re supposed to have one in flower, one in veg, and 2 clones. How could anyone make that work.

G

Hey Jerry, sorry for the late reply. I can't quit remember. I used hakaphos blue and red and mkp fertiliser. The maximum ec I threw at them must have been about 2.5 at their peak. Bit I am using a Mars hydro sp6500 dimmed down to 70% in flower. I started them in 12/12 from seed and topped twice and yet they almost found the way to the 2m ceiling. So don't be shy breaking, topping low stressing...whatever it takes to keep them a bit low. It didnt even stop growing after topping. They just laugh it off and keep going.
Lower sidebranches get really long and I guess due to my light they gave nice Buds.. not Popcorn. But don't forget..it was BSF seeds,they might have bred something into it. I was stunned that they were ready faster than expected but kept the taste and flavour of the SLH I knew from Holland.
At the sXXdfinder.eu you can actually see my Bsf-SLH. I uploaded a picture there

Once I tried those regular SLH from Mr.Hide I let u know how I went.

Btw...there are some seeds on mycannapot auctions called "Grüne Brille" (german for green glasses). F1 hybrids:
Bella Ortega f5 x SLH.
I think I'll try those first. They sound stabil,quick and seem to deliver good yields.
It was recommended by a grower which I look up too. At least check them out...but no pressure..lol. they're from cannabella seed club

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hey Jerry, sorry for the late reply. I can't quit remember. I used hakaphos blue and red and mkp fertiliser. The maximum ec I threw at them must have been about 2.5 at their peak. Bit I am using a Mars hydro sp6500 dimmed down to 70% in flower. I started them in 12/12 from seed and topped twice and yet they almost found the way to the 2m ceiling. So don't be shy breaking, topping low stressing...whatever it takes to keep them a bit low. It didnt even stop growing after topping. They just laugh it off and keep going.
Lower sidebranches get really long and I guess due to my light they gave nice Buds.. not Popcorn. But don't forget..it was BSF seeds,they might have bred something into it. I was stunned that they were ready faster than expected but kept the taste and flavour of the SLH I knew from Holland.
At the sXXdfinder.eu you can actually see my Bsf-SLH. I uploaded a picture there

Once I tried those regular SLH from Mr.Hide I let u know how I went.

Btw...there are some seeds on mycannapot auctions called "Grüne Brille" (german for green glasses). F1 hybrids:
Bella Ortega f5 x SLH.
I think I'll try those first. They sound stabil,quick and seem to deliver good yields.
It was recommended by a grower which I look up too. At least check them out...but no pressure..lol. they're from cannabella seed club

Thanks for choosing our SP6500. how do you think about it? Do you have some suggestions for it? :huggy:

Jerry_Garcia

So the SLH are at 73 days 12/12 with still a bit to go. I’m seeing a few amber trichomes but not enough to call them done. The Cherry Pies in the tent are looking nice and healthy and will be ready to flower once the SLH finish up. I have the SLH cutting in soil and am starting some LST in hopes of bushing her out a bit more and not have her shoot for the ceiling so quick.

Have a look at the SLH foxtailing. I have never seen it to that extent before.

photos aren’t loading so I’ll try again later.

Jerry_Garcia

A few pics of the SLH this morning.

Attachments

• photo2070993.jpg
    photo2070993.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2070992.jpg
    photo2070992.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2070994.jpg
    photo2070994.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 38