What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A few pictures from a dinosaur

T

TheForgotten

I would like to run it at 40-50%RH in flower as usual. I don't really understand the reason behind an advice to go higher, unless the temp is too low perhaps. But maybe i missed out on something?

According to the VPD chart plant pressure vs atmospheric pressure has better balance, allowing plants easier metabolism...

T

TheForgotten

Absolutely.

My humidity goes way down near the end of flower as the plants change, it prompts new growth spears on plants prone to it IMO, other than that my plants seem to do fine so i don't worry too much about it....

I'll admit, in my nursery (veg room) when it seems too humid, i check the VPD and it's within tolerance, that's when the plants seem the happiest, but it's hard to maintain rH that high, i just lower my PPMs and space out feedings.
I wouldn't want that level of humidity in my flower room after week 4 though....

superpedro

Veteran
I'll try 20-22 C and 70-75% rh for my seedlings, if it doesn't sound off.
Is dimming the lights necessary for seedlings or is it enough to raise the lamp?

It's time to pop some seeds. Change of plan. My new aim is 9 plants, 36 buds to fit the surface area.
3 x pineapple chunk, 2 x green gelato, blue gelato 41, Dos si dos 33, purple punch, gorilla zkittlez, glookies. 1 ekstra just in case.. (or perhaps I'm gonna play catchup if things f-up)

T

TheForgotten

I'm not sure what people say is correct, but i always keep the lamps turned the same spectrum/brightness, and use distance when lowering lumens. This way the plant always gets the same (hopefully full) spectrum of light.

Sunshineinabag

Thanks guys :)

Got something in the mail today.
A Mars hydro TSW2000 for my mums. I'm waiting for august before I buy the 4 x TS1000 for the big tent.
But, of course I can't enjoy my summer without trying this LED stuff out for some flowering first. I'm going to put up a 3x3 and do a seedgrow semi-sog style, and try out some new strains to become one of the cool kids :D
View Image

huh, ive never grown barneys farm. Im over in new england in the states. With the way you grow their gear you should work for em!

superpedro

Veteran
8 of them popped.
24C, 75% RH, everything seems fine so far.
picture.php

superpedro

Veteran
Time for bigger pots.

So far, so good. I am being a bit conservative in regards to lamp height so far.I will wait and push them bit once I flip, with more established plants.

Above and below:
picture.php

picture.php

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
And a new era begins!

I wonder if you’re going to be turned by the new flavours you’ll be growing soon. Interested to see which you might keep and do a mono crop with.

Good luck with it all :)

techattack

Just digged the thread. Nice grow. I also use bagsoil (normally composana) and some buts from biobizz. Keep it up.

superpedro

Veteran
And a new era begins!

I wonder if you’re going to be turned by the new flavours you’ll be growing soon. Interested to see which you might keep and do a mono crop with.

Good luck with it all :)
Thanks mate :)

My 3yo daughter wants me to enter the new era generally.
TVs to hang on the wall, phones without buttons, music not printed on vinyl. etc.
Crazy shit. :biggrin:

Guess whatever flavor I get will be quite strong. My exhaust is running at much lower speed than it did when i used HPS.

I am looking forward to a mono crop. I am a fanatic when i comes to usage of light. If a beam of light hits the floor without passing through a leaf I feel it's a failure.
It is the reason I placed all the pots on these 10cm blocks to start with, to get more canopy adjustment options down the road.

Just digged the thread. Nice grow. I also use bagsoil (normally composana) and some buts from biobizz. Keep it up.
Thx :)

No need to make things too complicated when trying out new stuff.

Down the road you may see me do a "aquaponics"-run. Perhaps even with fish. I do love to experiment a little.
Not to chase yields though. That is fine with good old bagsoil.

Need to upgrade my DIY humidifyer for LED. Right now I am using my old one in combination with my homebuild to get the humidity where i want it.

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Glad you’re digging the lights. I’m a newly converted led grower too. They do seem to eat a bit more than before.. Have a bottle Epsom salts or calmag handy.

Loving the little styrofoam blocks for keeping the canopy in check.. I’ve got a smaller plant that just doesn’t want to catch up with her peers, might have to do the same thing with her..

superpedro

Veteran
Glad you’re digging the lights. I’m a newly converted led grower too. They do seem to eat a bit more than before.. Have a bottle Epsom salts or calmag handy.

Loving the little styrofoam blocks for keeping the canopy in check.. I’ve got a smaller plant that just doesn’t want to catch up with her peers, might have to do the same thing with her..
Yes, it is annoying when you have to raise 6 plants if one stretches more than others. Nice to have adjustment possibilities in both directions. I have extra blocks in 5 and 10 cm sizes.

Lights are perfect. But I do have some issues with the climate.
Keeping my moisture up with ultrasonic foggers to this level, without fog/droplets getting on my plants is a challenge.
Easy enough when they were small and I could just turn down the exhaust. Now they need the fresh air for CO2.
My solution has been to remove one plant, to get some free space for my humidification device inside the tent, with a tall chimney to let fog out.
So far so good, but working for better solutions. Perhaps build a humidifyer to hang in the top of the tent.

My tent and my heat exhange unit is in a dark small room. I may quit the tent in the future and build a room customised for new conditions. (and space for a little more plants).
I could raise that plants and get space below for heaters and humidity..
This is a bit annoying..

V

voidpainter

DIY humidifier!? Do tell more! What I can get in shops here is pure shit, have to manually turn it on everyday because it wont start on auto with a timer ...

superpedro

Veteran
The controller is just an inkbird. Cheap from ebay. Can be run on a timer and switched off at night. Great value for money.
This controls a foggerhead in a small bucket.

This is an emergency build out of old crap this morning. Before I used one I build to be mounted outside and blow through the ventilation hole at the bottom.
picture.php

Foggerhead glued to the bottom. A level sensor/ auto top up system with RO water(can be found at a reef aquarium store). A pipe running down close to the surface picking up fog, and a small vent putting it under pressure. A hose from the res.
I use a 7 gallon res for this.

Last edited:
V

voidpainter

That’s awesome man! What kind of fogger head? Im having difficulties finding this in my language, so far I found those devices they use to make fog at concerts. Im not sure what you use and what I should be searching for exactly.