What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnificat's Legal Grow Journal and Chill Zone

Magnificat

image_551226.jpg
image_551227.jpg
Just adding more pictures from today. the last additions are doing great, 3 males put in the tent for now, and the rest of the plants are for cloning purposes... I am going with 9 for now as I can't tell sex on anymore and I think I have 8 females already for sure... We shall see.

they look and smell great and we are getting close already, 1.5 weeks till flip most likely...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_552470.jpg
image_552469.jpg
image_552471.jpg
image_552472.jpg
We need another update. They started to get a bit larger and rather than wait, I flipped them on 11/7 and I did a gradual 3 day transition into flower.

The first picture is from 10/29... the rest are from this morning and the last is the moms i will be cutting clones from in about 2 weeks...

This is the time period that I dislike the most about growing. Sticks :) and stems... but we just finished a full week of flowering (closer to 9 days in w/transition)..

But we are off to the races.. I am using week 5 mix now at about 200ppms on last stronger feeding with milder feedings with every watering. Next will be another 2 notch 3.5 cup watering.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_552559.jpg
image_552560.jpg
image_552561.jpg
image_552562.jpg
So far so good, about 5 days out of 2 weeks in flower and forming nice little puffball heads. They really stretched out nicely maybe a little more than i wanted again but some are on boxes with 1 not.

I will start picking up on the updates now that the nugs are beginning to form and when i take clones on the moms for next round.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_553189.jpg
image_553190.jpg
image_553191.jpg
image_553192.jpg
OK I know its been a little while. We are going to be finishing up week 3 at end of this weekend and so far so good. I fed them a 400ppm on last feeding then a regular watering and another and should hit them up again this time 450-500 ppms as we start moving into the next week.

As for the moms, they are huge. I transplanted 6 of them into 3 gallon fabric pots on sunday as I plan to cut clones this weekend for next round. Its going to be 2 kinds of wedding cake OG x PIE, a punchbreath x PIE and 4 kinds of killer queen PIE crosses i made in the previous full round. Here are the 6 large and 1 small moms looking almost ready to yield clones. I will post new pictures of the flowers tomorrow after work.

The moms looked a little better before i folded down all the main heads before the picture but its the branches that matter.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_553389.jpg
image_553390.jpg
image_553391.jpg
Here we are with 3 weeks done and entering week 4 as I flipped on 11/7. So far so good other than they are tall again. This is a result of the feedings i used during transition and next round will try some new changes to see if I can control that. Other than that they are healthy and I am making up a new batch of nuts to hit them up with 450-500 ppms today of week5 /6 mix.

The moms will be giving up a set of clones on sunday for next round. I topped another mom to force side branching and its going according to plan. Easily be able to pull 30 clones from them.

I am preparing the clones now, will have new pictures up soon. :) (11/29/20)

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_553521.jpg
image_553522.jpg
image_553523.jpg
rose bud3
image_553525.jpg
As promised here is all the work I did today along with getting out and enjoying the great weather with my new golf clubs (TM p7MCs). Here are the moms I used today, one of them was a power house but i couldn't get a lot of clones from here as they were too short but wow what a brancher!

Here is the 30 clones i pulled off the girls so far and I can easily get another 15-20 over the next couple days if I needed them. I will ask my friend from work if he needs 10-15 for his potential hydro run. I hooked him up with a 6 bucket recirculating 5 gallon bucket system i have lying around. He will probably grab the last 2 buckets and make it a complete 8 but being new to hydro i suggested 1-2 standalone buckets to get the feel for hydro.

More flower pics to come. I need to water and give them another mild feeding, then tomorrow make up a new batch of news and prepare to hit them up with another 600ppm batch.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_553806.jpg
image_553807.jpg
image_553808.jpg
image_553809.jpg
Just a little update here. These are 4.5 weeks into flower and so far so good. And the clones are the best looking clones i've had in years. So healthy looking I expect early and beautiful roots.

I used clonex on recommendation from my Nephew who uses it at fairly high PPMs (100-200ppm) at work. So i used about 2 TBL of clonex in 4 gallons of water as a compromise and they look amazing.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_553933.jpg
image_553934.jpg
image_553935.jpg
image_553936.jpg
I believe these are now 5 weeks into flower and we have approxiamtely 4 weeks left till finish. So far I am loving the Sunny Queen which is Sunny D x Killer Queen, the orange smells really came through and KQ already had a kind of orange aroma to it alredy.

The purple kush is the strongest one of all and i wish i did a room full of these branchy girls. She is the one I highlighted in the previous post.

The bent girl is the Chemberry Pie Diesel.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_554434.jpg
image_554435.jpg
image_554436.jpg
Here is the update for end of week 6. We have 3 weeks left approximately and things are looking pretty good. I did a feeding of 550-600 ppm on previous water using the week 6/7 mix, will do 2 waterings and then see if we need to push it through the 2 critical growth weeks...

the clones are rooted and tomorrow i will have to pull the cover and see if enough of them are ready to move into 1 gallon bags. I plan to drop 8 tomorrow into the 1 gallons..

Here is pictures from tonight before lights out.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_554556.jpg
image_554557.jpg
image_554558.jpg
Today was another busy day in the garden. It started off with early morning preparations for the planting of the clones and as I mentioned 8, I ended up putting in 10 babies instead. They include the following list for next round.

1. Wedding Cake 2 x Slammin Pie
2. Wedding Cake 2 x Slammin Pie
3. Wedding Cake 2 x Slammin Pie
4. Wedding Cake 1 x Slammin Pie
5. Wedding Cake 1 x Slammin Pie
6. Princess Haze x Slammin Pie
7. Killer Queen #1 x Sunny D
8. Killer Queen #1 x Sunny D
9. Killer Queen #2 x Sunny D
10. Killer Queen #3 x Sunny D

As for the girls I think the last feeding was a little hot and i should have did the feeding in 2 stages with a watering in between. I can tell cause they are not consuming as much water as they were before the last feeding. I went from daily watering to now not needing to really water at all for an extra half and maybe full cycle. But they are still doing fine and smell good. I think I am feeling deja vu cause i think this happened 2 rounds back in this log...

Anyway, we just keep moving with the circle of life.. :)

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_554897.jpg
image_554896.jpg
image_554895.jpg
image_554894.jpg
Here we are about 2.5-3 weeks out on most of these girls and they look great... The first pic is a lights out pic and it reminds me of the tall hemp stalks in the film "hemp for victory". Next round I Promise I will try and reign in their height...

Some girls and of course the circle of life.. :) 10 beauties getting ready to be next rounds replacements... :)

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_555537.jpg
image_555538.jpg
image_555539.jpg
image_555536.jpg
Just a quick update and about 1-2 weeks left depending on which plant we are talking about. Here are some shots from tonight and boy does it smell good in the house now. Even outside the front door you can smell the skunky sweet aromas...

the new babies are coming along fine and i just gave them a micro feeding to get them going....

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_555879.jpg
image_555880.jpg
image_555881.jpg
image_555882.jpg
image_555883.jpg
Not really all that much has changed since the last pictures other than some of the hairs beginning to turn finally and some looking closer to done than others. I might need another week on some for these.

here they are from tonight and LOOK at the new babies going nuts! I need to get them planted in 5 gallons soon cause they are exploding... Maybe i should top them all and see how that goes but they are clones and spiraling up so have a different growth structure anyway.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

You use FFOF and the GH nutes ?

I tend to over nute seedlings, just using FFOF.

Are your plants starting as clones ?

Anyway, they look great.

Magnificat

image_555956.jpg
image_555957.jpg
image_555958.jpg
image_555960.jpg
The last round started all from seeds and the ones in the last post are from clones. I use Ocean Forest soils and GH 3part plus the additives Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, Floralicious Plus in Veg and Florialicious Plus Flower, and Koolbloom. I use this modified table. I used a 1/4 teaspoon and the numbers for Week 1 mix into a gallon of water. Then poured a small amount from there into another gallon to tint the water. I will see if I still have my last feed mix and see if I can get a reading from it. I suspect its 80ppms or so... and I didn't use CALMAG in my mix if you were wondering since its on the chart.

The soils are not too bad for seedlings and I don't feed too much. Just very mild feedings with the regular waterings then back to water again. These are sucking up water so getting rootbound and hungry and i am kind of denying them food as I need another 5-6 days left on the flowering plants...

Here are some close ups under normal light of the flowering girls.

Pic1: Princess Haze x Slammin Pie
Pic2: Purple Kush purchased seed
Pic3: Original Wedding Cake purchased seed

AND MAN, LOOK AT THAT WEDDING CAKE!

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_556575.jpg
image_556576.jpg
So just to wrap up the grow.. Last friday on lights on i found one plant folded over on itself and at that point I realized i was only a few days from originally planned harvest so took all down but the chemberry and then the next day she came down.

I then installed 10 new girls into 5 gallon cloth bags on saturday and have now moved to the main room under dual 600 conversion bulbs. I will post pics tomorrow after i take a few fresh pictures.

This time I topped all the taller plants at around 2 feet tall... We shall see how this one pans out.. in the meantime the plants harvested are just about ready and are being prepared/burped/dried and should be ready for sampling in a few days... Again will post up pictures soon to wrap everything up and start up the new round...

I need to do a full feeding of all the new girls with a week 3 modified have to check notes to see what ppms but probably 140ppms with 3 full cups of feeding...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_557053.jpg
image_557054.jpg
image_557055.jpg
image_557056.jpg
So here are the new girls looking really nice. I am just giving them mild feedings so far if i would guess its 80-90 ppms. but its vegging right now and i will start increasing fairly quickly from here.

The fact they are all topped they are branching out nicely and I am glad I topped them this time. I have 10 girls so there isn't a lot of space for this so i need to keep them fairly small this go around and will probably flip next week at the latest.

Pictures taken just now.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_559818.jpg
image_559819.jpg
Hi all, sorry for the delays, its been a while and we are about 4 weeks into flower already... Things are going fine and no issues really just letting them do their thing.. I've been so busy with other things lately that this hobby has taken a little bit of a back seat..

i will try and keep it up to date as we finish things off. This picture is from a week ago i think so tomorrow will snap some new pictures when lights come back.

My buddy from work is ordering new seeds for next round so hopefully will see some new seedlings started in the next couple weeks for next round and I am 5 weeks out approx from harvest...

Last edited: