What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NC's search!

Ncali

Veteran
It's all about the search for that one girl.... :peacock:

I normally post my girls in various breeder's forums. However I think it is time for a change! There are multiple reasons to create this thread, primary among them are to step my game up. I am hoping to do so through the experience and tips I hope to gain from you! (the passers by). AND I should get a little motivation to put my best foot forth here, haha. I plan to grow some beans from breeders whose sections here at icmag are all but dead, some new gear, some of my own little testers, and some very popular breeder's beans also. Hopefully y'all find them as interesting as I do. Mostly Im here to celebrate the fun of growing, sharing, and consuming good fuggin weed. :smoker:

I am 1st looking for practical indoor sativa hybrids, or sativas that I can make practical via growing techniques
whip.gif
that I've picked up from observation of great growers here at icmag and other growing & gardening communities.

My Set up:

• 400w mh/hps (experimenting with 315 cmh also)

• Soil - old ffof & Black Gold mixes that has been amended w/ mix of: dr earth kelp meal, alfalfa meal, earth worm castings, bat guano

• 3 x 3 x 6 flower tent

• 2 x 2 x 4 veg/mother room

• Alaska 5-1-1 fish emulsion, 0-10-10 moorbloom
  • BioBizz grow, bloom, boost
  • Love :biggrin:
First girls up are not sativa at all(mostly), a rarity here in my house. We want to try some medicinal properties of the indica side of life for friends and family. They are:
Connoisseur Genetics:
Rainbow Jones, Girl Scout Jones, Connoisseur Cookies
Cannabiogen: Purple Mexican (Oaxacan x Afghani)
CBD CREW: Therapy

On Deck,
Old World Genetics (djshort/jdshort): f13-throwback x10 in veg.

I hope this community can be patient with my irregular updates. The goal is to see if I can post enough fruitful info, pics, bud shots to hold interest for a while. Everyone is welcome here, I would ask only that everyone bring a smile and good vibes. Also, for me advice is helpful and appreciated. So are tips, tricks, suggestions, and good feedback.

:tiphat:
NC

Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
New Booty

New Booty

These are the girls chilling in main tent right now.

IMG_7951.jpg IMG_7952.jpg
IMG_7955(1).jpg IMG_7954.jpg
IMG_7953.jpg

Ncali

Veteran
About to flip

About to flip

Added Juicy fruit x snow lotus & Nevils Haze Mango, mango terp cut
attachment.php

From top right, clockwise: Juicy fruit x snowlotus, nevils haze mango, rainbow Jones 1& 2, Purple Mexican, conneseiur cookies, cbd therapy, center: girl scout jones

Attachments

• 20170913_205238.jpg
    20170913_205238.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
The little f13s throwbacks

The little f13s throwbacks

And three (juicy fruit x snow lotus) x golden tiger f1 testers.

Looking for those special f13 stringy weird frosty sativa mutants. I'd like them to get to little bush status to help bump the yield.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170913_210251.jpg
    20170913_210251.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 24

Ncali

Veteran
That and: Transplanting the girls to their 5l pots. Flower lighting schedule to start on monday. Currently they're in .75L, the nevils mango haze will stay in 1L for flowering though. I just can't decide if she's a keeper, it's her last run.... Id like to see if dialing her in some and an extended flowering time bring up the strength in the smoke. She has the terps...

G

Great lineup!I've grown purple mexi 2 times .It is oaxaca x pakistan citral kush ...Good luck,I'll be following :)

Ncali

Veteran
Great lineup!I've grown purple mexi 2 times .It is oaxaca x pakistan citral kush ...Good luck,I'll be following :)

Thanks for dropping by syd! Threads like yours helped me to purchase & pop these beans Being a native Californian, Mexican weed holds a special place in my heart. I will probably pop the rest of the p.mexican, some of the sinaloan jarilla and maybe even the sensi mexi sometime late next spring. Hopefully this girl has a nice the profile that leans to Oaxaca! I've got some haze/long flower sativa penciled in for the grow after the f13...

Ncali

Veteran
Flowering begins!

Flowering begins!

Hi, an update on tent situation. 12/12 light schedule as of 9/18. Keeping my MH bulb in for another week to help with structural development during the initial stretch period. A few weeks still unit it gets interesting in there, the Connosuer cookies reeks. It's an OG chem leaner I suspect. Purple mexi smells a little of spice/pepper. Nothing else to report really.

attachment.php

NC

Attachments

• 20170923_111335.jpg
    20170923_111335.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 32
G

Lookin' great :)

Don't remember how the Purple mexi smelled early on ,but both of my different phenos had an intoxicating sweet lime/berry aromas and the bubble hash reminded me of coca cola gummy bears :biggrin: Favourite first smoke of the day of my last run (not the hash,hehe)!
I had some intersex problems with her but they were probably due to defoliation .

Ncali

Veteran
Pistols be poppin'

Pistols be poppin'

Thanks syd!

Here's some more garden updates.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lastly my Golden tiger x juicy fruit lotus testers. Just running them in solo cups to get a picture of what to expect on future runs. Thai on both sides, she should be interesting. I'm hoping the GT passes on the power, but maintain the terps and thrichrome coverage of the mother (sweet lemons / berry)

attachment.php

Smells heavenly in there :) Thanks for checking in!

NC

Attachments

• 20170927_173057.jpg
    20170927_173057.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20170927_165909.jpg
    20170927_165909.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170927_173132.jpg
    20170927_173132.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20170927_173209.jpg
    20170927_173209.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 22
G

Happy and lush!Interesting testers there ,man!Where are they from(or are they yours?)?

Ncali

Veteran
Happy and lush!Interesting testers there ,man!Where are they from(or are they yours?)?

The Golden Tiger male I selected from the ACE f1 GT release and the female is Bodhi's cross of sensi seeds juicy fruit (fruity juice?) And his snow lotus male. I made these in a run of seeds to test the Golden Tiger male, have a bunch of Gt x females: panama, gt, different juicy fruit lotus phenos, Nevils Haze Mango, La Niña, Orient express, blueberry etc. Just want to see what the GT f1 males can provide, the females so far in my experience bring the "power high" in spades:headbange I hope this is a dominant trait in the line that gets passed down to progeny.

NC

Ncali

Veteran
HPS is in!

HPS is in!

attachment.php

F13 THROWBACK SEEDLINGS
attachment.php

Some have that famous crinkle, very exciting. I threw in the last few f13 seeds of the pack after my cat took a big wet chomp on one lol. So a couple are sharing bunks for a minute. They will have plenty of time to catch up over the comibg weeks. And one of those seedlings is an old MNS la nina that's just going to get flowered with the f13s.

NC

Attachments

• 20170930_192713.jpg
    20170930_192713.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20170930_192747.jpg
    20170930_192747.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 27
If you are looking for a good indoor sativa, I highly recommend you give brothers Grimm c99 a try. Mine have been very vigorous and fast finishing for sativa. Of the 3 I grew this time, one finished week 7 and the other 2 are going to be done mid week 8. All of them covered in resin. Green house seeds super lemon haze is another solid sativa. Very citrus and moderately heavy yield too. Will you be getting any lab testing done on the cbd varieties?

Ncali

Veteran
I've grown it! Great genetics right there. I've ordered some Apollo 13 seeds and Apollo haze from brothers Grimm seeds, expect to see those grown here in the future. The only problem I had with my Cindy cut is her potency/length of high was short and we found a plant with similar grow characteristics, terpines, high and much longer duration and strength: Panama x Malawi by ace. Check those out if you like Cindy, two weeks of extra flower is solo worth.

attachment.php

If you are looking for a good indoor sativa, I highly recommend you give brothers Grimm c99 a try. Mine have been very vigorous and fast finishing for sativa. Of the 3 I grew this time, one finished week 7 and the other 2 are going to be done mid week 8. All of them covered in resin. Green house seeds super lemon haze is another solid sativa. Very citrus and moderately heavy yield too. Will you be getting any lab testing done on the cbd varieties?

Ncali

Veteran
More Of my Cindy Picks, Originally Posted in FMS

More Of my Cindy Picks, Originally Posted in FMS

attachment.php
attachment.php

Panama/Malawi, and golden tiger are on my list, I've gotta get through my current seed stock first. I've got some gg4 crosses and a Bruce banner #3 cross that are up next. So many strains to grow! I swear the hardest part of growing is making a decision on which beans to plant ha ha. The other big one is getting some cbd strains and lab testing them to isolate a high cbd/reasonable thc cut. Them some nice looking ladies you had, and the current batch is looking promising!

Ncali

Veteran
Was out of town, but return to some good looking girls. Feels too long since last update, sorry folks. Temps are not that cold, that's exciting because we got some purple buds with Mexican structure, hoping for Mexican canabanoid profile or hybrid leaning effects.

CBG Purple Mexican
attachment.php

Cbd therapy below

attachment.php

Bodhi Juicy fruit lotus

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20171016_203308.jpg
    20171016_203308.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 14
  • 20171016_200601.jpg
    20171016_200601.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20171016_203423.jpg
    20171016_203423.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
cookies & casey crosses, +a special haze

cookies & casey crosses, +a special haze

CSG con cookies, frost monster
attachment.php

CSG Girl scout Jones, very big buds for cookies.
attachment.php

CSG Rainbow Jones x2, huge yielders

attachment.php

MNS Nevils Haze Mango, a very mango pheno. This is her third run, I'm trying coax potency out of her. She is very nice in terp department.

attachment.php

Thanks for patience.

NC

Attachments

• 20171016_203334.jpg
    20171016_203334.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20171016_195908.jpg
    20171016_195908.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20171016_200243.jpg