What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Let’s see if this works.

Attachments

• photo2033607.jpg
    photo2033607.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 15

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
looking good man! cant wait to see those plants fill in
i will have to get some pics of the plants i have going before i take my cuts
im thinking i will take the tops off to give more branches, plus a great clone for the next go round
hope your week is off to a great start, its freakin 80 here and feels like summer time!

Fiddynut

looking good man! cant wait to see those plants fill in
i will have to get some pics of the plants i have going before i take my cuts
im thinking i will take the tops off to give more branches, plus a great clone for the next go round
hope your week is off to a great start, its freakin 80 here and feels like summer time!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Thanks and I am looking forward to seeing what I've got here too. Its been a long time coming since I popped those seeds and I hope that its been with the time growing them long enough to find and get rid of the males and then keeping the ladies around until I had time to clone them and grow them out. But you never know until you grow them out so ill just have to wait a few weeks and see. The last time I grew out a few of this same strain the buds were a little fluffy and the flavor was more the sweet skunk as opposed to the roadkill skunk I prefer. But that was a while ago and my methods are different now so I should be able to get more out of them I hope.
I always top my moms a couple times to get a lot of branches to take cuts from. Ive been really working on taking equal sized cuts so that my plants in flower are as homogeneous as possible.
We have had a rollercoaster of a week weather wise, 60's over the weekend, cold the last couple days (30'sdays 20's nights), and going back to about 70 by Sunday says the weather guy. I'd love an 80 degree day!
In other news alpine valley mountain bike opened yesterday and ill be getting my first ride of the year in this weekend and I can't wait!
I hope your week is going well brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
hope your week is going well to brother! just enjoying the nice weather and spending more time outside
thats great that the bike park is open, thats a sure sign of good things to come
you already got your bike in shape so you are ready to hit the trails and i hope you have a great ride
is this another solo mission or willl your borther be joingin you?
what ever happened to that guy you worked with, you once took a pic and he was in it? still see that dude
i raised my light to get some streach spo i can get a nice fat cut
these are coming right off the top of the plant from the main stem so they root really easily
unfortunatly, there are three var. so one of them i shorter than the others
hope you have a great grow and the plants turn out more to your liking
maybe those fluffy buds were just t trait being expressed and you will get the short and fat and ugly cousin in this run
yeah, short fat and ugly
/i hope she stinks too!

kick ass brother and i hope you had a great april first

Fiddynut

hope your week is going well to brother! just enjoying the nice weather and spending more time outside
thats great that the bike park is open, thats a sure sign of good things to come
you already got your bike in shape so you are ready to hit the trails and i hope you have a great ride
is this another solo mission or willl your borther be joingin you?
what ever happened to that guy you worked with, you once took a pic and he was in it? still see that dude
i raised my light to get some streach spo i can get a nice fat cut
these are coming right off the top of the plant from the main stem so they root really easily
unfortunatly, there are three var. so one of them i shorter than the others
hope you have a great grow and the plants turn out more to your liking
maybe those fluffy buds were just t trait being expressed and you will get the short and fat and ugly cousin in this run
yeah, short fat and ugly
/i hope she stinks too!

kick ass brother and i hope you had a great april first

My week went by pretty quickly and I can't wait for the weekend. Im really looking forward to some disc golf, a mountain bike, and some supermoto motorcycle riding in the twisty roads of the kettle moraine this weekend! My favorite part of spring is being able to spend more time outdoors. Having the MTB trails open this early is really a rare occurrence here and I hope its a sign of a great few months to come. If this warm up continues we might get out on the boat before we even get to May this year, which is unheard of! Im glad I got my bike tuned up early so I can take advantage of this. I hope my bro is able to join me on the trails this year but he's going to have to work on his fitness if he wants to ride the trails I ride. My buddy from work graduated from tech school and got a good job but moved down close to the IL border. Im sure we will meet up for some riding but our days of going before work are over unfortunately.
You make a great point about raising the light to get some stretch before taking cuts. I do that too, but before I did I'd get really short clones because the nodes were so short. In my DWC cloner I can take the water level if the clones are short but I'd think that short stems if cloning in plugs wouldn't be good. I hope you get some great cuts and they all root right away for you!
I hope I get the "short fat and ugly" cousins. I did a lollipop on them this morning and I think you'd be proud of me for being as aggressive as I was. I remember the first time I tried to lollipop my plants and I was afraid to take much off. I posted a pic and you guys let me know that wasn't nearly enough. I've slowly been taking more off my plants each grow and I think I'm finally doing a proper lollipop. This time I went almost half way up, I don't want a bunch of larf to trim up and still end up in the hash pile! Im a little worried that the stuff i cut off didnt have a strong scent to it but maybe that will come out as they mature. Time will tell and they are only 20 days into flower. Speaking of hash one of the guys I work with gave me a hash ball today and its probably like a half gram or something lime that. He's a guy that I sometimes share some of my buds with but it was really cool of him to hook me up. Ive been too lazy to make any hash in a while so its nice to have some.
I hope you finish the week off strong and have a great weekend brother!

DoloDankness

Sup guys ! Those plants look great fiddy! You do have a jungle goin on for sure haha!
pop_rocks were in the same boat with that aspect buddy, I need a new spot as well. Good things take time tho.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope y'all had a great weekend!
I was able to do all the things I planned on over the weekend and the weather was beautiful here. We had temps I to the 70's which is unseasonably warm for this time of year. The nice weather really brought out the crowds at the disc golf course on Saturday we got there and there was a line of like 8 groups of people waiting for thier turn to tee off on one. We decided to go ride the supermoto bikes and had a nice ride instead. On Sunday I got my mountain bike ride in and it felt great, then I played two rounds of disc golf back to back. The course wasn't nearly as crowded as it had been on Saturday, probably because people were spending time with family on Easter. I can really feel that I got a great leg work out on Sunday because I was barley able to do 15 min on the elliptical at the gym this morning. My legs feel like they are made of rubber today.

DoloDankness. Thanks buddy I'm looking forward to seeing what I've got in these plants. Its always a mixed bag with new strains but I like variety and am always looking for the next keeper!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening guys! hope everyone had a great weekend
im glad to hear that you got some nice weather and hope spring is in full effect where you are at
here its been nice, not as hot as last week but more spring like temps
/cool nights and nice warm days
plus the sun is out longer and we now have this beautiful twilight time after the sun goes down but it dosent get dark for like 20m
sounds like you were putting in the work this weekend and rubber legs are a great feeling
it lets you know you pushed yourself and are making your legs stronger
im making some fried chicken today and might throw some mushroom gravy over the top to make it like country fried chicken

happening doh! hope you had a great weekend my man
how have you been doing?
i have some plants going inside right now but am on the look out for a nice space to grow outside this summer
i dont like running the lights between like july and the end of sept because of the temps but i will have some clones from this run that i need to do something with
i am thinking im goign to flip to 12/12 later this month

hope everyone is having a great spring and getting back outdoors and having fun

Rodehazrd

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​ Hey folks I found my way back to the jungle. New site fools me still .
Fiddy I’m glad the warm finally found you and your trails are open.
my indoor is evening up the wedding cake and critical purple kush are stretching out and finally giving some buds but he Vicie clone is way ahead. I read the wedding cake has cherry pie and gsc for parents, I haven’t had cookies
but did enjoy a wc once.
Packer fan I only ever had one seed of Pineapple Express before but I popped 4 this year and one did have burned tips when I gave feed one just jumped and the others had very little burn so it’s phenos I guess I wonder if the finicky one isn’t the best ?
trying to step up the sativa grow this time I have some Ace killer A5 started so far so good but after 10 weeks flower my past efforts have gone downhill maybe I should continue feeding through 12-14 weeks. Dubi says strong feed for whole cycle. I think I fried the oxacan doing that😔

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope were all starting out the week strong! I'm feeling good and hoping to get a lot of work done this week and then play just as hard this weekend!

pop_rocks. The nice weather continues today its warm and sunny. Looks like more seasonal weather is on the way for the end of the week here. Around here if you get some nice days in April you better take advantage of them because cool and rainy can be the norm! I know what your saying about the nice twilight we get as the days get longer. The more sunlight we get the better I seem to feel mentally and physically.
Your right the rubber leg is a good feeling and let's me know I'm working hard. I was able to get back to more of a cardio workout today and that felt great too. Because my cardio workouts are all leg work my legs don't usually get much rest. I know a lot of people have a day or two off from the workouts a week to rest certain muscles and maybe when I get to where I want to be I can start doing something like that!
I hope your chicken turns out delicious, crispy and juicy! We must be thinking along similar lines because I picked up some chicken thighs this morning. Im going to grill them this evening during the Brewers game. I can't wait to use the vinegar based sauce I made on chicken.
I hope your having a great week so far brother!

Rodehazrd. Its good to hear from you! The new look is really confusing for me too for what its worth. It took me forever to post pics last week. Oh well it took sometime for me to learn my way around the old look so I'm sure ill figure it out eventually.
Ive never had a proper cherry pie or a girl scout cookies but my bro brought back some wedding cake from a Michigan dispensary a few weeks ago. It was pretty good andn I'm sure it would be better when fresh and home grown.
It sounds like things are moving along in your garden nicely. I hope you have a great crop!
Its April and I haven't heard anything about a derby this year. Is there going to be one?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening fiddy1 hope you are having a great week and ready for a fun weekend
cabn you beileve that tomorrow is friday?
i am super excited for this weekend; i have plans with the ex to go hiking and then out to eat
i talked to her the other day and i cant wait to see her this weeekend
how did your sauce turn out man? i bet it went great with grilled chicken
so do you apply sauce while the meat is one the grill?
the plants are doing great and the hall way stinks, i think i might give them another week of veg and then flip the over so i can harvest in early june
hope you are having a great week my man and enjoying the fresh spring weather
keep kicking ass brother!

Fiddynut

happening fiddy1 hope you are having a great week and ready for a fun weekend
cabn you beileve that tomorrow is friday?
i am super excited for this weekend; i have plans with the ex to go hiking and then out to eat
i talked to her the other day and i cant wait to see her this weeekend
how did your sauce turn out man? i bet it went great with grilled chicken
so do you apply sauce while the meat is one the grill?
the plants are doing great and the hall way stinks, i think i might give them another week of veg and then flip the over so i can harvest in early june
hope you are having a great week my man and enjoying the fresh spring weather
keep kicking ass brother!

Happy Friday!
This week has cruised by for me as well. Im glad the weekend is almost here too. Its been raining the last 3 days and looks like the weekend is going g to be a rain out as well according to the weather forecast. Oh well it might be a great weekend to get fought up on some rest and relaxation and I think we can all use one of those from time to time. Perhaps it will be a good weekend to make some nice meals that I haven't had in a while, like a good gumbo or something like that.
I hope you and your ex have a nice time this weekend. Hiking sounds like a lot of fun and there no better way to follow that up than with a nice meal. What kind of restaurant are you thinking of going to? I think that dining rooms have been closed until recently in your neck of the woods. Is this your first time going out to eat since they opened back up? I don't go out to eat a lot but it sure is a special treat from time to time.
The vinegar based sauce went great on the grilled chicken. I like to season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill it until the fat in the skin renders off a bit and it starts to crisp up. Then I glaze some sauce on at the end and serve some on the side.
Im glad your garden is doing well and I hope you have a great crop in a couple of months.
My clones for my next run are starting to root and the timing looks like it will be good for me to get them ready to flip as soon as the current batch are done in the flower tent.
I hope you had a great week and I can't wait to hear about how your weekend goes brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening fiddy! hope your week is off to a great start
the date with the x went super well! we even had a little adventure where i ended up climbing up under the i-5 freeway
/im working on getting the pics uploaded and will post them up soon borther
we ended up goign to this meditrerainan place, it was petty good but nothing too special
im about ready to change my lights over to flower, but i might give them a couple more days to fill in a bit more
/again, ill get some pics up here soon
hope the rain is over and spring is bouncing, have a great day my man!

Fiddynut

happening fiddy! hope your week is off to a great start
the date with the x went super well! we even had a little adventure where i ended up climbing up under the i-5 freeway
/im working on getting the pics uploaded and will post them up soon borther
we ended up goign to this meditrerainan place, it was petty good but nothing too special
im about ready to change my lights over to flower, but i might give them a couple more days to fill in a bit more
/again, ill get some pics up here soon
hope the rain is over and spring is bouncing, have a great day my man!

My week is off to a pretty good start. The weekend was much drier than forecasted and I was even able to shoot a couple rounds of disc golf in addition to making some tasty foods. I made gumbo on Saturday and it turned out really good. On Sunday I made braised beef short ribs with a demi glace sauce. The ribs took about a day to make because I needed to cool the braising liquid down and remove all the fat from it so the demi would be right. I reduced about 4 cups liquid down to less than half a cup of demi and it was delicious!
How is your week going? Im glad you had a great weekend! It sounds like you guys had a great time. Mediterranean food sounds great. Im still craving gyro since you mentioned them a while back here.
I have had trouble uploading pics since the sight had its new look a few weeks ago. I use to be able to upload to albums then when I'd make the post I'd select the pics from the albums that I uploaded them to. When I tried that a couple weeks ago it didn't work at all. I'd get to the point where I could select pics from the album but then I couldn't find the pics I'd just uploaded. I was able to upload straight from my phone when I posted but since I use my tablet to post its not ideal. I hope you have better luck with posting pics than me.
Im sure it will feel good to have some girls in flower soon. I hope you get some winners! My plants are chugging along and starting g to show some frost.
It looks like the rain is over for now here. It was cloudy and we got on and off rain for the last few days but not a whole lot of rain totals in inches. Now its looking dry but seasonally cool with highs in the 50's next few days. The days are getting longer and summer will make its way here eventually!
​​​​​​

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happeninh brother! that sounds like some serious cooking going on there! a demi glace sauce brings a lot to any meal and short ribs sound dank
its not just uploading pics that is hard, but i went to a friends lbum to check out a pic he posted and it was a pita to navigate
im sure the guys at the top are working on things but it used to be a lot easier to do basic things here
so where did you learn to make things like demi glace? short ribs sounds dank enough and you throw a nice sauce on it
thats great that the weather has been nicer and i hope you guys have a good spring
i guess out where you live you dont have to worry about the water too much and can enjoy a dry spring
e are behind in our rainfall totals but the county is not saying its a drought year (meaning they will jack up our watter bills), but thats not far behind
med food is fun and you and the mrs should go out and get some one of these days; its great for eating after doing active stuff
/is the mrs getting active this year?
get a gyro and some keebabs, and maybe a plate of hummus (with the bread)
its light fun food plaus tastes great
the garden is looking good and im just letting them get some more root structure before i flip the lights
im not worried too much about the quality, because these are clones given to me by someone who is on point
they look good and smell even better just in veg and im hoping to flip the plants over later this week
i hope you have a great week brother and slide into your weekend slow and low
kick asss my man!

Fiddynut

happeninh brother! that sounds like some serious cooking going on there! a demi glace sauce brings a lot to any meal and short ribs sound dank
its not just uploading pics that is hard, but i went to a friends lbum to check out a pic he posted and it was a pita to navigate
im sure the guys at the top are working on things but it used to be a lot easier to do basic things here
so where did you learn to make things like demi glace? short ribs sounds dank enough and you throw a nice sauce on it
thats great that the weather has been nicer and i hope you guys have a good spring
i guess out where you live you dont have to worry about the water too much and can enjoy a dry spring
e are behind in our rainfall totals but the county is not saying its a drought year (meaning they will jack up our watter bills), but thats not far behind
med food is fun and you and the mrs should go out and get some one of these days; its great for eating after doing active stuff
/is the mrs getting active this year?
get a gyro and some keebabs, and maybe a plate of hummus (with the bread)
its light fun food plaus tastes great
the garden is looking good and im just letting them get some more root structure before i flip the lights
im not worried too much about the quality, because these are clones given to me by someone who is on point
they look good and smell even better just in veg and im hoping to flip the plants over later this week
i hope you have a great week brother and slide into your weekend slow and low
kick asss my man!

I still can't believe how good the demi glace sauce turned out. All the good stuff from the veggies, beef and beef bones and wine concentrate down to a silky goodness. It was my first attempt at making a sauce that way and ill be doing it again that's for sure. Ill be keeping my eye out for beef bones on sale and making more broth to use next time. I learn to cook this stuff by a combination of reading cook books, online recipes, and YouTube vids. I like to see a few examples of how others do it and also look for the differences in their recipes and then trail and error. The YouTube vids are just to get a handle on methodology. I also have a decent flavor memory so if I'm out and taste something interesting I will try to recreate it.
Im right with you on thinking that a lot of the basic things here were much more straightforward before the update. It seemed more intuitive to navigate before as well. Maybe the new look has a bunch of new features that people who are more tech savvy than me are using. I have heard the chat functions are way better than the old site but I can't type fast enough to chat and have no interest in it. I keep thinking that I'm just use to the old way and eventually ill figure out new way.
Its been dry for a couple days now and some of the mountain bike trails are opening. I want to ride this weekend for sure and play some disc golf. One of my favorite local bands is playing at the bunker bar on Sunday so I gotta catch that too!
Your right we dont have to worry about water here. Right in our back yard is lake Michigan, which contains 1180 cubic miles of fresh water. That's an almost unimaginable amount of water. We had plenty of snow over the winter too so I'm sure that helps. The way my grass is growing there must be plenty of moisture in the soil. I hope you get some rain out there to keep the water levels up.so they don't jack up your rates. But its getting late in the year for CA rain isn't it?
I hope my wife gets a little more active this year, I think it would really do her some good to get more exercise. She was so happy when we lived in Oakland and she had her pet care business and walked dogs all day. She is welcome to play disc golf anytime with me or just walk the course.
In addition to gyros I love kebabs. I make plenty of kebabs on my Webber grill. Chicken and beef and usually using a wet marinade. I put the meat and veggies (peppers and onions) on separate skewers so I don't burn the veggies. That's the taste of summer for me!
I hope your having a great week too and have an awesome weekend brother!

​​​​​​

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
happening f'nut! hope you had a great weekend brother
it was freaking hot here this past weekend and we had those hot offshore winds that suck the moisture out of everything on earth
it was nice to have summer temps but the wind was gusting up and blowing like crazy
/unfortunatley there was no surf so you would not enjoy the offshore wind conditions
that is awesome you leanred how to make this awesome sauce off watching tv
you are a smart guy and are able to absorb knowledge from varitey of sources
heres to hoping we all get more active this year
it would be nice if you and your wife could enjoy more time together just doing active things, some of the ebst moments in life come when you least expect them
goint to flip the lights here later today so i will at least take a pic of the plants and see about posting the pics later
you have a great monday brother, tomorrow is 4/20 but im getting an early start

Fiddynut

happening f'nut! hope you had a great weekend brother
it was freaking hot here this past weekend and we had those hot offshore winds that suck the moisture out of everything on earth
it was nice to have summer temps but the wind was gusting up and blowing like crazy
/unfortunatley there was no surf so you would not enjoy the offshore wind conditions
that is awesome you leanred how to make this awesome sauce off watching tv
you are a smart guy and are able to absorb knowledge from varitey of sources
heres to hoping we all get more active this year
it would be nice if you and your wife could enjoy more time together just doing active things, some of the ebst moments in life come when you least expect them
goint to flip the lights here later today so i will at least take a pic of the plants and see about posting the pics later
you have a great monday brother, tomorrow is 4/20 but im getting an early start

Happy monday!
I hope you had a great weekend as well brother! Hot, dry and windy conditions sound like harsh conditions. Good weather to surf but not without waves I suppose. We don't get a lot of those conditions up here. When its hot its almost always humid here. The hot air that makes its way up this way almost always brings moisture from the golf Of Mexico. We had pretty seasonal weather here over the weekend here in the upper 50's or so. It was a bit cloudy for the concert at the bunker bar yesterday but there was a good turnout and it was nice to see some familiar faces. It looks like we are in for another little taste of winter here the next couple days and even a bit of snow is predicted to go with our high temps in the 30's tomorrow. Looks like it will be nice by the time next weekend gets here so we have that to look forward to.
Thank you for the kind words! Im no professional chief but I enjoy making good food for myself and others. I love looking at the differences and the similarities amongst recipes because it can help me focus on the most important components of the dish. I love watching how others prepare dishes because it often helps me see which steps and methods are most important to the final product. I made beef kebabs on Friday and they were delicious.
Your so right about some of the best moments in life coming when you least expect them. I am going to encourage my wife to join us on the disc golf course. I will also try to suggest more things like dog walks or even just neighborhood walks with or without the dog.
Thats great you are getting your plants flipped just in time for 420!
Today 4\19 is bicycle day which is the day that Hoffman first discovered the effects of LSD back in 1943. So we have back to back holidays the next coup!e of days and its time to enjoy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
hahah it sounds like destiny man, this crop will be awesome i hope!
i was meaning to ask you about that bunker bar; me and my brother in law were talking about a man shed and he said a bunker would be sweet
next time you go, could you grab some pics of what it looks like?
/you know things like the walls and decorations inside; just general shit like that; i will also be sure to point them to their web site if they have one
i hope you and your lady can enjoy more walks and thinfs like that
its fun to get out and just check out the neighborhood you live in, plus its great exercise
yeah man, im going to just remember 4/20 as the flip date for this run
hope you are having a great week brother